Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-29-2009, 01:46 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Americans: Your household owes the federal government a record $546,668

USA Today reports that "each household 12% deeper in red."

You can read the wonderful news here.

Thank you, Mr. Obama! Please sign another bailout bill for us...

Anyone want a little more help from your government?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Why you thanking Obama? He inherited the sh*t from Bush.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars-blog View Post
Why you thanking Obama? He inherited the sh*t from Bush.
Because thanking Bush for Bush's mess wouldn't serve his purpose.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:35 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

And Bush didn't sign off on several trillion dollars of gifts to his friends who own major corporations, uh, sorry, bailout bills...

I'm also not a Bush supporter, unless the man wants to drop dead of a heart attack, then I'm all for it.

Last edited by Allen Farlow; 05-29-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Your household owes the federal government a record $546,668
Wouldn't that be other way around?

Old 05-30-2009, 06:40 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Farlow View Post
And Bush didn't sign off on several trillion dollars of gifts to his friends who own major corporations, uh, sorry, bailout bills...
Actually, he did. Maybe not trillions but a good few billion last year. And it was also for his friends own major corporations

Old 05-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Let me ask you something
What would McCain do if he got elected?

Old 05-30-2009, 02:51 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

What would McCain do if he got elected? Hell, I don't know, you'll have to ask him! If you are trying to get me to guess if McCain would have been better than Obama, who's to know?

I think the American public got screwed with the choices we were given (the mainstream media had a lot to do with that). We were forced to choose between a junior senator few knew anything about and a granddad from Arizona! What choice was that?! That was no choice at all.

I didn't vote for either one of them (and before anyone pops in to say, well, if you didn't vote, you have no right to quibble, to them I say if you DID vote for Obama, you have no right to quibble...) but I'm hoping Obama turns out to be the best damned President this country has ever had, now that we're stuck with him.

Closing Quantanamo, more than a trillion dollars in corporate giveaways, more troops being sent to Afghanistan, it's not looking so good. Yes, he inherited quite a mess from King George, but I'm not so sure he's not making an even bigger mess of it.

Of course, the President and our esteemed Congressmen and women won't have to worry as they won't be effected by it in the least. It's you and I who are going to feel the brunt of it, as the $500,000+ tax bill shows.

Our children's children won't even be able to pay that off because the interest rate alone will kill them. We'll never get any of the principle paid down.

Could it be our leadership is aiming at bankrupting the United States to make the North American Union look good to us, so we won't complain?

Old 05-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Hmm yes, it does seem so. A step toward one world government I should think. I think that OWG may be inevitable due to the proliferation of nuclear weapons capabilities around the globe.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
What would McCain do if he got elected? Hell, I don't know, you'll have to ask him! If you are trying to get me to guess if McCain would have been better than Obama, who's to know?
And yet without having second thought you’re saying that whatever Obama did since his election was wrong.

Ok, forget McCain and use instead Oh Mighty himself.
Given the economic conditions that existed at that time and now in US, what Mr. God would be done differently?

Old 05-30-2009, 03:25 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

For one thing , ranter, I am not in a position, nor are you, to even begin making suggestions about what Obama should do to turn this around, as there is a lot of information we are not privy to. There's a lot we don't know.

But since you asked, I might suggest bringing our troops home and putting an end to the Iraq/Afghanistan war. That alone would stem a large part of the bleeding of our national treasury. But the U.S. may not be able to do that, as there may be agreements we have made with countries such as Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Like I said, there's a lot you and I do not know.

And for another thing, you sound like one of those who hold Obama up on a pedestal, that Obama can't do any wrong, so you've already made up your mind. It's senseless to try to reason with people like that.

And no, I never said that "whatever Obama did since his election was wrong."

Do not put words in my mouth.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
And for another thing, you sound like one of those who hold Obama up on a pedestal, that Obama can't do any wrong, so you've already made up your mind. It's senseless to try to reason with people like that.
At least you can show me other alternatives, you’re leaving me with no choice but to keep Obama on a pedestal

Quote:
And no, I never said that "whatever Obama did since his election was wrong."

Do not put words in my mouth.
Can you explain to me what did you meant to say when you said:

Quote:

Old 05-30-2009, 04:53 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

"At least you can show me other alternatives, you’re leaving me with no choice but to keep Obama on a pedestal" ranter

That sentence doesn't even make any sense, ranter. You say "At least you can show me other alternatives..." Did I?

A more cohernet sentence would be "If you can show me no other alternatives, you're leaving me with no choice but to keep Obama on a pedestal."

Suddenly it's my job to give you other alternatives? Keep the man on a pedestal if you wish, that's your problem, because as has been said before, how quickly the mighty have fallen.

Or did you mean to write that I am showing you other alternatives? Sorry, don't believe I did!

I said "Thank you, Mr. Obama! Please sign another bailout bill for us..." with tongue firmly planted in cheek. Guess I should've mentioned that. I figured most everyone would get it, but I see some didn't.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Senior Web Developer
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
"At least you can show me other alternatives, you’re leaving me with no choice but to keep Obama on a pedestal" ranter

That sentence doesn't even make any sense, ranter. You say "At least you can show me other alternatives..." Did I?

A more cohernet sentence would be "If you can show me no other alternatives, you're leaving me with no choice but to keep Obama on a pedestal."

Suddenly it's my job to give you other alternatives? Keep the man on a pedestal if you wish, that's your problem, because as has been said before, how quickly the mighty have fallen.

Or did you mean to write that I am showing you other alternatives? Sorry, don't believe I did!

I said "Thank you, Mr. Obama! Please sign another bailout bill for us..." with tongue firmly planted in cheek. Guess I should've mentioned that. I figured most everyone would get it, but I see some didn't.
His sentence makes perfect sense to me.
He meant that you wrote criticism in a destructive manner. If he has Obama on a pedestal, he has the right to do so because nobody is giving him an alternative or the option to change his mind.

Usually when you want to point somebody's mistake, it is convenient to give a good alternative, or at least a constructive opinion of what would you do in that person's position.

(+54 9) 1155 601 661

Old 05-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I said "Thank you, Mr. Obama! Please sign another bailout bill for us..." with tongue firmly planted in cheek.
You mean - in between the cheeks?

Old 05-31-2009, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Americans: Your household owes the federal government a record 6,668-i_m_watching_you_.jpg

Old 05-31-2009, 03:42 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Someone who reminds me of an album by Green Day asked for evidence of this statement,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars-blog View Post
Actually, he did. Maybe not trillions but a good few billion last year. And it was also for his friends own major corporations
Here you go John:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/...out/index.html
http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_7655582
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_129588.html
http://www.alternet.org/workplace/10...final_pillage/
http://www.dailycardinal.com/article/20723

Old 05-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Yes he did.

It's called "The War In Iraq".

Old 05-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranter View Post
You mean - in between the cheeks?

Hey Mr. John Scott... it was a joke

You don’t have to prove to me that you have no sense of Humor because I already know that it have has left you just before your intellect.

If you want to give me Negative Reputation, then all you have to do is to show up your face across the table and to present to public some of your kakameny philosophies so I can trash you again and at least give you some legitimate reasons to Neg me.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:00 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Good one, Zap! I didn't include all of those trillions that were wasted on an illicit war.

Here's a few examples of how stimulus plan money is being used:

This comes from Hannity on Fox News (Faux News as some might put it).

$6,500,000 to Louisiana for Formosan Termite Research.

$187,000 to improve an Omaha, Nebraska railroad museum.

$2,192,000 to New York for the the study of the genetics of ... grapes.

$100,000 to determine the deer population density of a Pennsylvania campground. What's wrong with just thinning out the herd? It's called hunting.

$160,000,000 to the Corporation for National and Community Service in Washington, D.C., to pay the salaries of 'paid volunteers'.

$1,000,000 for solar panels on top of a maintenance facility building in Lodi, CA

$7,500,000 to Rehobeth Beach, Delaware (Biden's home state) for refurbishing their boardwalk. (Didn't Obama say this money had to go to 'shovel ready' projects? This one won't start until the fall.)

$119,000 to Kansas for blackbird management.

$100,000 to the Gulf of Maine Foundation to ensure that lobstermen use rope instead of trapline.

$2,100,000 to Las Vegas to provide homes for the homeless. Don't they need jobs?

$15,000,000 to Montana to improve a Canadian/U.S. border crossing that sees an average of less than 2 cars per day.

$1,000,000 to Florida to study the red snapper.

'Unspecified amount' is going to Massachusetts (Ted Kennedy's home state) to provide free cars to welfare recipients.

Another $500,000 goes to Omaha, Nebraska, to pay for making curbs more 'historically accurate', whatever that means.

$578,000 to Union, NY to combat their homeless problem, but officials there say they don't have a homeless problem.

$590,000 is going to Obama's home state of Hawaii, to a wildlife refuge, to pay for converting a barn into a storage facility. (Isn't a barn already a storage facility?)

$200,000 goes to Southern California to pay for gang member tattoo removal...

An unspecified amount goes to Arizona, to pay for changing the highway signs on Interstate 19, which runs from Tucson to the border. The distances specified on the signs is now in metric, thanks to that ill-fated attempt to switch the U.S. to metrics back in the '80s. I-19 is about 70 miles long...why can't they leave the signs the way they are? Everyone is used to them now.

An unspecified amount goes to Billings, Montana, to improve the landscaping in front of the Crown Plaza Hotel. What, they can't pay for that themselves?

More than $1,000,000 is going to Oregon, to build garages for bicycles.

$11,000,000 is going to Redmond, WA to build a bridge across a freeway that splits the Microsoft campus, to link the two parts of the campus. As if Microsoft can't afford to pay for that themselves.

An unspecified amount goes to Illinois to pay for highway signs in construction zones, to let everyone know the construction is funded by stimulus package money...

Almost $2,000,000 is going to Iowa, to pay for swine odor research. Pigs stink. What's the problem?

$3,000,000 is going to Florida to pay for the construction of a bridge across a waterway, even though there is already a bridge across the same waterway only three miles away.

http://www.foxnews.com/search-result...#q=hannity+101

http://www.foxnews.com/search-result...#q=hannity+101

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues