Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 06-24-2009, 06:15 AM
v7n Mentor

Idea for a new law on sex offenders

A few months ago, while reading about the Roman empire, I came across a law on how the romans dealt with sexual offenders.

At one time it was socially acceptable to have sex with children and teenagers. But over the centuries that mind set changed, and after Christianity was accepted, the laws really changed. There was one law that caught my eye.

If a person was convicted of a sexual crime against a child, that person had to leave Italy. They were not allowed to step foot back into the country.

So what would happen if a state like Texas passed a similar law? All registered sex offenders have to leave the state of Texas.

If a registered sex offender is caught in the state, they are arrested, put on trial, convicted and spend 5, 10 or 20 years in prison. Upon release, they are driven or flown to another state where they are released.

And lets say they are registered in "any" state, not just Texas. So its not like registered sex offender from Louisiana could move to Texas.

So if a cop pulls someone over for speeding, the cop runs a back ground check, it comes back that the person is a registered sex offender - the cop arrest them on the spot.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

And what if all 50 states pass this same law?
(Let's face it... What state wouldn't want all sex offenders banned from it?)
You can't force your citizens upon another country.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:59 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
True, but can say "leave or do 50 years in prison"

Personally I would like to see the laws on sexual predator/offender adjusted to fit the crime a little better.

I think it's wrong that a 18 male can be punished for having sex with his 17 girlfriend.
I think it's wrong (In Florida) that a woman flashing her boobs in a public place (like a bar) can be placed on the sexual offender list.

Here's one I just found out. It's against the law for a 25 yer old man to date a 17 year old girl. It is legal for a 25 year old woman to date a 17 year old girl.

Like a I said I really wish they would adjust the laws better to fit the crime.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:40 AM
v7n Mentor

That is an interesting theory though why stop at texas or just the state why not the country I know you can't push them on another country, but I am sure for the right price countries would accept them. I don't know prison really doesn't seem like a fix personally I feel that if someone is that mentally challenged they don't understand why forcing sex upon someone is wrong then they should have forced castration.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 AM

I'm afraid I'm with Zap on this. Absolutely sex crimes are appalling and we should do all that is reasonable to prevent it, but the suggestion of palming them off on other States or countries is laughable.

What State or country will allow you to do that? They will say it is your problem, deal with it yourself. We don't want your sh*t! And ain't nobody gonna blame them.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

I fear the only choice is for all 50 states to pass such a law and send the perverts to DC.

They should fit in nicely with the general population.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneo View Post
Here's one I just found out. It's against the law for a 25 yer old man to date a 17 year old girl. It is legal for a 25 year old woman to date a 17 year old girl.
what about men/women parity

Old 06-26-2009, 02:34 PM
SEO Fanatic

that's a crazy idea. Let's move the guy who abused a kid somewhere. This way, he won't abuse kids here anymore, but he will still do somewhere else.

Cut their penis and balls. That should be the punishment.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:56 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
And what if all 50 states pass this same law?
(Let's face it... What state wouldn't want all sex offenders banned from it?)
Then we ship them off to some desert island, because they have lost their right to live in the USA.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Contributing Member

That's a great idea. And after all 50 states have passed that law, then what? You're basically going to expell all sex offenders out of your country and have them flee to Canada, or something?

Old 06-26-2009, 07:08 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Varon View Post
You're basically going to expell all sex offenders out of your country and have them flee to Canada, or something?
North of Canada - Polar Bears have to eat to. And with all of this global warming seal hunting is getting tough.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Didn't England already do that once? Shipped 'em all to New Holland.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneo View Post
I think it's wrong that a 18 male can be punished for having sex with his 17 girlfriend.
Not entirely true in all states. In New Hampshire the minimum age is 16, any lower and it's statutory rape.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
Didn't England already do that once? Shipped 'em all to New Holland.
And look at Australia now

Old 06-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongInTheArm View Post
And look at Australia now
Exactly.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:34 PM

Well I guess Obama did palm off a few of those detainees at Guantanamo on a few small island communities recently.

But with climate change they are likely to be 25 meters under water soon, so nothing to worry about ultimately.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
Then we ship them off to some desert island, because they have lost their right to live in the USA.
How about we just kill them all?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthanasia

No better yet, how about we require them to first have the minor emancipated legally. Then they can marry, and make marry with ones under the age. I think that's how it is already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_of_minors

But my question is, what makes that intercourse any different than a minor who's not emancipated? I take that it is true, that in some countries it is still custom to be married under age to an adult. Just a different culture, it doesn't make the US any better -does it? Who claims to be better than some other group of people? Not I.

And out here those emancipated minors having sex with adults is all fine, dandy, and legal (consenting). But having intercourse with a consenting 16 year old who's not emancipated will make one a sex offender.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_rape

Only in America.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Senior Web Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
There isn't any No-man's-land anymore. If you kick somebody off your country it will inevitably fall under somebody else's jurisdiction, and somebody will have to deal with that. It is impossible just get rid of people who cannot follow your laws.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Banned

hey guys dont worry if all will be punished then who will be there with women so dont worry evry one is safe dont go in future if this things will not be happend dont think and take tensions

Old 06-29-2009, 07:40 AM
SEO Fanatic

They did that in Canada with homeless people. Calgary wanted to fight against homelessness. Therefore, they bought all the homeless people...a bus ticket to Vancouver, where it's sunnier and by the ocean. Most of them took it, and that's how Calgary dealt with that problem.

Needless to say that Vancouver, with the Olympics coming up, is thinking about a new destination for them.

is that a solution? No, it's just moving the problem

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues