Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-19-2009, 12:22 PM
v7n Mentor

Muddy, you are right, freedom is relative. I have the right to survive, thus I have the right to kill someone who is attempting to do the same to me. Though law says I have no right to kill, so yes it is relative.

There are those freedoms, however, that are not persuant relativity, again people are asking....huh?!?!... One's freedom of speech is not relative, to say that it is would allow any who finds what someone else says offensive to dictate what they say. We are being over whelmed by political correctness everywhere we move. This is a prime example as to why we are.

I have the right to say what it is that I wish to say regardless of whether you like it or not, if you do not like what it is that I have to say then you have the right to not listen or to leave my property. Here though is where it gets tricky, there are those that say since they can see my property from the public street or sidewalk that I am infringing on the public's freedom of not having to hear what I am saying. This was the excuse given by the Sheriff's department pretty much.

The reality is, as long as it is on you property and not forcefully promoted beyond one's property then no one has the right to infringe. In other words, flying a flag upside down hurts no one that decides not to look at it, if it offends a person, then that person is violating my right to privacy as they are having to look on to my property to see it, they choose themselves to look or not to look, to continue looking after seeing or not. If I were blasting Hitler's speeches so loud you had no choice but to hear them blocks away then I would be forcibly imposing my views or voice on others.

A hairy fine line, but it is there, or at least it is supposed to be there, the problem today is that the loons are attempting to get rid of the line so they can complain and control whatever suits them at the time.
www.pchelper123.com

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues