Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGR
I do!

Especially if they're going to be so PRO-WAR!
Ok well, I'm just conveying my honest opinion, and I won't say that it's right either, just honest.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Well, I'll help you out- Your opinion is WRONG!!!!

Old 10-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGR
Well, I'll help you out- Your opinion is WRONG!!!!
Ok but, could you be a little more specific?

Old 10-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Latest Blog:
None

DEAD WRONG!

How's that?

Old 10-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Latest Blog:
None

That's better, thanx

Um.... could I get a nice shade of green maybe?

Old 10-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It's feking wrong

Old 10-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bradley
It's feking wrong
Well... I mean't bold green w/smiling devil faces but, this is nice.

So, is brave better than brain?

What if our leaders were very cowardly but highly intelligent, intelligent enough to not allow all the mistakes you find with this countries policies?

Would it be wrong then?

Old 10-12-2004, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bradley
KKK connection can be debated. Some say the KKK were declared illegal, and so they set up the NRA, which had alot of KKK members in it, and no black members. Others say that they are completely unrelated. You cant go back to the past and spy on the founders, so we do not know. I just think don't promote guns as much over there.
While I don't subscribe to the general idology of the NRA, my view is that as long as our government is run by right wing thugs, whose loyalties lie with the oil barons, pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies, and banks, who insist on legislating our freedoms out of existence, who feel the world is their sandbox, and they are entitled to whatever bounty it may hold, regardless of the cost in human life, and they have guns, then I am going to have guns.

If you ask me, the people in charge are more of a threat to our safety than any common street criminals could ever aspire to be.

The Presidential debates have been more of the same, redundant lies and propaganda we've been hearing in the stump speeches. The American people supported a war because the President lied to the public on national television. Score one for Kerry? Not quite. The United States Congress holds the single greatest responsibility in the history of mankind, the ability to commit the US armed forces to military action. Senators Kerry and Edwards abdicated that responsibility when they voted to give President Bush sole authority to declare war against Iraq, a war that has seen his corporate masters fatten their bank accounts at the expense of untold thousands of Iraqi lives, as well as the lives of over 1,000 American soldiers. Our safety was never an issue, and this was not a secret before the war. Someone said early in this thread that the media "hates conservatives", and will do whatever it can to make them look bad. What a joke. The domestic media completely ignored the testimony of every leading weapons inspector that had been in Iraq, and had said unequivocally that their weapons programs had been dismantled, and that there was no chance they had been revived. This was all widely reported in foreign media outlets, but CNN, CBS, NBC, The New York Times, and every other publication that forms the grand myth of the "liberal media" declined to include it in their "news" reports.

All of this information was available to me, a lowly working man, so why wasn't it available to Senators Kerry and Edwards? The fact is that it was available to them, but like the "liberal media", they chose to ignore it, and they served as cheerleaders for the Bush adminstration's unnecessary and illegal war.

If Kerry is elected, there will be no significant progress in our disastrous foreign policy. There is, however, slim hope that we will see progress on the domestic front, on issues like health care and preposterous tax cuts for the über-wealthy. I think John Kerry would make for a poor President, perhaps even worse than "don't ask, don't tell" Clinton, but the simple truth is that we couldn't possibly do any worse than what we already have. Bush is not only dangerous; he's also embarrassing. Against my better judgement, I plan to vote for Kerry, and then yell as loudly as I can every time he commits some grave injustice while in office (if he wins). The nation fell asleep after the elder Bush was booted from the White House, and got comfortable with Clinton at the wheel, which is exactly why we find ourselves in this current mess. If Kerry is elected, that can't happen a second time. The people need to hold government officials accountable for their words and their actions.

By the way, Kerry and his wife have no control over how the Heinz corporation is run, so all the comments about outsourcing jobs are almost as ridiciulous as the nonsense about whether or not Bush completed his National Guard duty. Neither aspect is relevant to the electoral process.

As for who won the debates? Kerry didn't so much win as Bush lost, but then, what else could be expected from a man who's made a living by mangling the English language at every opportunity for the last four years?

Old 10-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caped Crusader
a man who's made a living by mangling the English language at every opportunity for the last four years?

Just stuff like that - it has no bearing on the policies we should be debating. Whether he can spell "dog" or not; whether he can tie his shoeslaces or not - it has no bearing on the rightness or wrongness of the policies.

Old 10-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caped Crusader

If Kerry is elected, there will be no significant progress in our disastrous foreign policy. There is, however, slim hope that we will see progress on the domestic front, on issues like health care and preposterous tax cuts for the über-wealthy. I think John Kerry would make for a poor President, perhaps even worse than "don't ask, don't tell" Clinton, but the simple truth is that we couldn't possibly do any worse than what we already have. Bush is not only dangerous; he's also embarrassing. Against my better judgement, I plan to vote for Kerry, and then yell as loudly as I can every time he commits some grave injustice while in office (if he wins). The nation fell asleep after the elder Bush was booted from the White House, and got comfortable with Clinton at the wheel, which is exactly why we find ourselves in this current mess. If Kerry is elected, that can't happen a second time. The people need to hold government officials accountable for their words and their actions.
Well said! I agree completely.

Old 10-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Latest Blog:
None

some of bushs speech patterns are manipulated

I listened to some tapes of him from when he first started politics , in texas I believe

he sounded intellectual and aloof, but people didn't like it. Simple people want someone who sounds 'simple' so they identify with him. Simple terms , simple sounding solutions. Everything black and white, us versu them, you either with us or against us.

its all very packaged, to middle america, catholic , patriotic ... not to bright or educated

"type of bravery should be criteria for 'proper' leadership"

I don't think its neccasary to be in combat to lead the country , but it says something about the character, its hypocritcal

bush, cheney , karl rove,... bill o'rielly, none of the served in the wars of their times yet they have no qualms about sending other people to war, for trumped up reasons

saddam wasn't a threat, he had no weapons, wasn't working with bin ladin

Old 10-13-2004, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
Just stuff like that - it has no bearing on the policies we should be debating. Whether he can spell "dog" or not; whether he can tie his shoeslaces or not - it has no bearing on the rightness or wrongness of the policies.
Well, when you go out of your way to quote me out of context, it's easy to launch that weak attempt at criticism. When read in its entirety, I was obviously saying that he couldn't have really been expected to "win" the debates when he is at such an intellectual disadvantage. It most certainly was relevant to the discussion about the debates, and I deliberately separated it from my points on policy.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:56 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I see you said 'out of context' - isn't that what this whole presidential race is about? Quoting stuff out of context.
Have you all seen the new billboard? It depicts Monica Lewinsky saying "I voted Republican this year. The Democrats left a bad taste in my mouth" LMFAO

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues