Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-25-2009, 04:01 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Legal and Official Rape in Iran Prisons

Women who demonstrate against the government in Iran are risking more than we can imagine. Demonstrators against the regime in Iran are faced with the death penalty. this includes demonstrators who are well under eighteen years of age. But Iran makes justice run through the twisted labyrinth of Shaaria law as it is interpreted by Iran's corrupt theocracy.

How twisted is it? Consider this. according to the Jerusalem Post, girls who are virgins may not be executed, no matter what their crimes. So how do you execute a girl who is a virgin? Very simple. You have a prison guard marry her. When he consummates his "marriage" to the condemned, then she can be executed the following morning. The Jerusalem Post reports a conversation with a member of the Basij militia as follows.

"When he was 16, "my mother took me to a Basiji station and begged them to take me under their wing because I had no one and nothing foreseeable in my future. My father was martyred during the war in Iraq and she did not want me to get hooked on drugs and become a street thug. I had no choice," he said.

He said he had been a highly regarded member of the force, and had so "impressed my superiors" that, at 18, "I was given the 'honor' to temporarily marry young girls before they were sentenced to death."

In the Islamic Republic it is illegal to execute a young woman, regardless of her crime, if she is a virgin, he explained. Therefore a "wedding" ceremony is conducted the night before the execution: The young girl is forced to have sexual intercourse with a prison guard - essentially raped by her "husband."

"I regret that, even though the marriages were legal," he said....

http://www.rantrave.com/Rant/Legal-a...n-Prisons.aspx

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 04:05 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

This makes me sick to my stomach.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:04 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Legal does not make it right. This is a prime example of a twisted religious law being used to control a people. I hope no one wonders why I am not a fan of organized religion.

Knowing I was going to be killed anyway, I would do my best to kill as many of my oppressors as I could and let them go to hell where they belong.

Shariah law elsewhere: a woman is going to receive six lashes from a cane because she drank...beer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090824/...aning_for_beer

Need an extra $300-$500 each weekend - in cash? Get Paid In Cash!

Learn How To Buy Almost Anything Wholesale and Save 70-90% Off Retail. Wal Mart does NOT sell for less! The Top 250

Old 08-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs down

I too have read these reports. It has come to such a point that now I fear the thought of having to step into such territory ever. It's almost as though they guard secrets. It's atrocities against women and this is the modern era where people aren't just free, they're virtually everywhere & still there exists such horror stories, and limitations in certain quarters.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:47 PM

Honor and dignity...

Muslims are very honorable persons but where is the honor and dignity in that issue...

Old 08-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

More than religion issues, I see that women are still discriminated in some parts of the world. It makes me feel bad. Women should enjoy the privilege brought by rights like men do. It makes me think that women in Iran are trapped and have nowhere else to go. I am sure people want change but they can't even lift a finger because of the oppression.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

it's absolutly unhuman ! Extremist should suffer as much as much as those poor girls if they ever get caught for their crimes

Old 08-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenie0109 View Post
More than religion issues, I see that women are still discriminated in some parts of the world. It makes me feel bad. Women should enjoy the privilege brought by rights like men do. It makes me think that women in Iran are trapped and have nowhere else to go. I am sure people want change but they can't even lift a finger because of the oppression.
Those people are violates the Women Rights and should teach them lesson how to respect these women in Iran. Also their "law" are not basis to determine if that girl is virgin or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Farlow View Post
This is a prime example of a twisted religious law being used to control a people.
You're right those people are no difference to bandits, barbarians and animals. I believe those people use whether Qu'ran or Islam to abuse these poor women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentin123 View Post
it's absolutly unhuman ! Extremist should suffer as much as much as those poor girls if they ever get caught for their crimes
Those people are not real Moslem and doesn't deserve to be a Moslem because of abusing these poor women in Iran. As 01kriss said the real Moslem are honorable person and have dignity. Those people destroying the image of Moslem and their Islam religion.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:49 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

you're right and i think most of us distinguish moslem and extremist !

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues