Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 08-31-2009, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

Escalating tensions over hunt for oil and gas in the Arctic

"Nikolai Makarov, first deputy defence minister and chief of the general staff, recently said: “Russia will have to work hard to protect its interests in the Arctic.” Konstantin Simonov, director of the National Energy Security Fund, puts it even more bluntly. Speaking at the Russia, Nato and Future of European Security Conference, he said Nato countries are aggressively expanding their military presence in the region. He believed a military clash in the Arctic is only 20 years away.

Russia’s Arctic rivals are five ambitious Nato members: the US, Canada, Norway, Iceland and Denmark/Greenland. A recent Nato statement proclaiming the Arctic “its strategic priority” is only increasing tensions. Moreover, each of these countries also has a military interest in the Arctic."

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=14970

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-31-2009, 02:14 PM
v7n Mentor

Don't they know the meaning of the statement, "I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!"? With directional drilling, any country could suck the oil out from beneath another.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Farlow View Post
Don't they know the meaning of the statement, "I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!"? With directional drilling, any country could suck the oil out from beneath another.
That's why he said: "He believed a military clash in the Arctic is only 20 years away."

I am afraid they aren't able to share their treasure and have peace.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:42 PM
v7n Mentor

Only a clash if they discover someone drinking their milkshake.

20 years? That's rather optimistic. I figure it to be in three to five.

Shame they can't just put a pin in geographic North Pole and start drawing lines directly from there to each respective countries current boundaries...there will be an attempted land grab, no way around it. That's where the arguments begin.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Contributing Member

I wish the elite solve their own problems between them and not use people against people just to apply their agenda. We all know in any circonstances that will not go in our pockets, only in the elite pockets.

Last edited by Franc Tireur; 09-01-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:39 AM
Contributing Member

getting the oil out of the ground is gonna be the hardest to do.. minus zero temperatures, who would wanna work their anyway..

Old 09-08-2009, 01:38 AM
Banned

Since I read and analyze the article within 2 weeks, those Arctic Country like US, Russia, Canada, Norway and Denmark/Greenland are start occupying their territory in Arctic Ocean. Those Arctic Country start digging the source of energy under of that Ocean. I'm afraid to say one of those Arctic Countries is greedy in source energy and may possible to step out the boundary of his territory that may cause of big tension.

Yes, Russia is biggest country in whole world and more occupied territory in Arctic Ocean. Russia is may possible to involve a big tension to other Arctic Countries in territory and boundary of Arctic Ocean issue especially the middle of North Pole.

For workers concerns, how many workers will survive in Arctic Ocean under zero degrees Celsius? Arctic Ocean is too cold, only penguins and polar bears are survive this too cold temperature. Will workers survive too in Arctic Ocean as penguins and polar bears during digging the source of energy?

Old 11-03-2009, 03:24 AM
Banned

I think its really hard to work in a negative zero environment and if there will be some people who will dare to work on with that oil, they will gonna die and if they will going to make a blast from that place I am sure that people around the world will affect to that because there will be an imbalance ecosystem. Ice can will be melted and there will be floods all over and people will die. So scary!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues