Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #141 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2004, 12:48 PM
littleFella's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 06-20-04
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,756
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
littleFella,

CNN, Fox and your precious al Jazeera all report that Muqtada al Sadr is taking responsibility for the attacks on US military and Iraqi Gov't officials. So what's your point?
My point is that you can present the news in various ways. An example of a newscast:

Version one: LittleFella kills BigFella.
Version two: BigFella attacks LittleFella, who in self defense kills BigFella.

As you may have figured out by now, know I am Polish. My family members killed Germans during WW2. They killed them unexpectedly in situations such as: Germans military having fun in a cafe, or sleeping, or going back in a transport truck to for a leave to see their familes back in Germany. None of my family members who "committed" those killings ever denied the killings. As a matter of fact they got medals of honor for them. They were called heros by Poles. Germans called them Die Polnische Banditten.

This is just another way of presenting my point.

<edit: one typo fixed, other typos left intact for readers' amusment>

Last edited by littleFella; 10-30-2004 at 12:57 PM.
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #142 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2004, 12:53 PM
TGR TGR is offline
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 09-02-04
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 323
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
can I ask you why you label it "crap" without you even knowing what it is?
Sorry, Ferre. I meant "crap" as in "stuff".

Do arabs use cannabis?

---

This whole insurgency thing should have been expected. There were many pro-war think tanks that warned of this. But this administration chooses to believe whatever is convenient and fits the agenda. And as a result of their poor planning, we have less than half of the troops required to secure Iraq. It's been one major blunder after another. And guess who is paying for all of this?
__________________
Through my search for allies, I have found myself.
Hatred drives me onwards across to desolation of dying dreams and failure, to find I am my own salvation.
 
Reply With Quote
  #143 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2004, 12:56 PM
littleFella's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 06-20-04
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,756
iTrader: 0 / 0%
oops, forgot to address one fragment of your post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
your precious al Jazeera
I don't think that part is really applicable to me, and it suggests that I praise al Jazeera. I think this is a dishonest move on your part, in a discussion in which (just a few posts before) you called for some class in discussion. When you say the al Jazeera is "beloved" by me, you are making a comment about me. Not classy. Still, no offence taken, just wanted to communicate this to you.

I also wanted to point out that it is imperative to know as many points of view as possible, before you can shape your own. Even if you disagree with al Jazeera, you would still be well served by watching it, following an ancient and wise principle: in order to destroy your enemy you have to know it better. That is exactly the premise of organizations such as CIA, which is in the business of knowing thy enemy. This is why Roman Catholics studied communism carefully, and why communists studied religion. Examples are virtually limitless.
 
Reply With Quote
  #144 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Ferre's Avatar
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGR
Do arabs use cannabis?
Most hashish comes from muslim countries brother, Marocco is one of the world's main producers, king Hassan of Maroco is one of the biggest producers. See, muslims are mostly not allowed to use alcohol. Ever wondered about the waterpipes in Egypt? look at all the pictures of those belly dancers, you often see he spectators in the backround with waterpipes (hookah's) in those pictures. Cannabis use is very common in most parts of the Arab world.
 
Reply With Quote
  #145 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2004, 01:40 PM
TGR TGR is offline
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 09-02-04
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 323
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yeah, Ferre. I guess I knew that.
__________________
Through my search for allies, I have found myself.
Hatred drives me onwards across to desolation of dying dreams and failure, to find I am my own salvation.
 
Reply With Quote
  #146 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Ferre's Avatar
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
With this text in my sig it won't take long or Arabs who surf the net for cannabis will get this forum in the serps.
 
Reply With Quote
  #147 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2004, 03:33 PM
ferret77's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-10-04
Posts: 476
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
niceguyeddie,

If you're looking for intelligent debate, Ferret isn't your man. He's more of a rhetoric man than an intelligent debater. Here's a fun exercise - print out all the posts by Ferret, then cross out the statements that are nothing more than unsubstantiated, off-the-wall rhetoric. It leaves you with this:
Um yeah ok,

I think I laid out a rather believable argument, on why and how the war started

and all things I wrote "fact" next to where actually facts, you can check them out

Oil is everything this country is based on, low oil prices mean tremendous economic growth, high oil prices cause recessions

If the Iraqis had been happy we were there like they thought and Bush and really gotten he pipes flowing , instead of having people trying to blow them up daily it would have cause a huge economic change in the US

Bush would have gone down, as the great liberator and the gas would cost a 1.50 and the world would be economic boom

It would have been great for everyone if that happened

They took a gamble and they lost, it can really be that simple

The president and his company are just people, they not super beings, the president and I actually have about he same IQ, at least according to his military records

Everything I have said has been true, I don't believe bush planned 911, or any of the crack pot conspiracy theories that have been thrown out there

I just think he has capitalized on it to put in motion a agenda that he had planned way before 911

That doesn't make me a fan al jeezara, or a Muslim sympathizer, I don't burn American flags,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
Freedom fighters? Nope. It's the Shiites and Sunni Muslins. Most of all, the Shiites. They don't want a Democracy or freedom - they want religious rule.:
I am impressed I didn't know you knew there where different types of Muslims

Shiites actually have been pushing for the election as early as possible, because they have the most gain since they are majority

you can bet regardless of the election we won't let go of those oil fields

of course if there is another conflict with say n.korea or iran we might have to

because we are out of troops, and people just aren't lining up to enlist
 
Reply With Quote
  #148 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2004, 04:32 PM
Ferre's Avatar
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella
My point is that you can present the news in various ways. An example of a newscast:

Version one: LittleFella kills BigFella.
Version two: BigFella attacks LittleFella, who in self defense kills BigFella.

As you may have figured out by now, know I am Polish. My family members killed Germans during WW2. They killed them unexpectedly in situations such as: Germans military having fun in a cafe, or sleeping, or going back in a transport truck to for a leave to see their familes back in Germany. None of my family members who "committed" those killings ever denied the killings. As a matter of fact they got medals of honor for them. They were called heros by Poles. Germans called them Die Polnische Banditten.

This is just another way of presenting my point.

<edit: one typo fixed, other typos left intact for readers' amusment>
My familie were declared terrorists by the nazis and camped in Germany because they officially declared not to collaborate with them, to screw my family even more they conficated the family estate and made an SS office in it. I learned to fight terrorism from childhood and do recognise it even when it has another name and when it comes from former allies.
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Congrats Iraqi Soccer Team!!! mauiman Forum Lobby 6 08-01-2007 03:33 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:13 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.