Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #141 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2004, 01:29 AM
Rivux's Avatar
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 425
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom
You mince words, Rivux ..

I do not.

You've put words in my mouth.

I've not put words in your mouth.

I haven't put any words in your mouth, I am just following your logic, you do know what logic is, or should I get a link for you to read about it?.

Your statement "They can vote for a pro same sex marriage political candidate. And that is just one of the ways of pursuing their goal." means that as long as the person can fight the law or government then they are pursuing their happiness. That actually being able to complete it is irrelevant, just being able to fight for it is enough.

Which means that the government can ban anything, can force citizens to do whatever they want and as long as the citizens can fight or vote against it at some point, they are not being stopped from pursuing their happiness.
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #142 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2004, 01:29 AM
Atom's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by awall19
so if we lock people in jail we do not take away their freedoms, we are simply making them hard to persue.

nice try, but wrong.


and I can vote for a Klu Klux Klan political candidate, or a neo nazi canidate, or a neo conservative one...that doesnt mean that my vote will matter or that I am right.

I think it was this forum where people stated that at one point in time people in this same country thought slavery was great. just because many people think something or are blindly led to believe it is right and good does not make it so.

to make my stance clear, I hope all judgemental people who think they should control the lives of other spend a warm baking summer in hell...actually many of them.

no hard feelings, I am just wishing my opinions on thier minds / bodies / souls. at least I am not trying to enact them as law though...
Aaron quote: "so if we lock people in jail we do not take away their freedoms, we are simply making them hard to persue.

nice try, but wrong."


You mince words and put words in my mouth as well, Aaron.

Last edited by Atom; 11-05-2004 at 01:40 AM.
 
  #143 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2004, 01:32 AM
Atom's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivux
I haven't put any words in your mouth
Let's let the readers decide, Rivux.

Last edited by Atom; 11-05-2004 at 01:50 AM.
 
  #144 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2004, 01:47 AM
awall19's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-18-04
Location: We Are Penn State!
Posts: 3,118
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom
Let's let the readers decide.
funny you say that, because you just said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom
You mince words and put words in my mouth as well, Aaron.
 
  #145 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2004, 02:05 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
You guys really should ponder the difference between debating and bickering.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How come common words lead to different SERPS? crazyhorse Google Forum 2 07-11-2004 02:47 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:23 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.