Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehman
No they don't. All that proves is that there are trees, animals, etc around you.

Some people, in fact, know that there is a God from these very things, so the statement holds true. If you choose not to know that God exists from observing these things, that's your problem. "Knowing" is a subjective experience, and your denial of it doesn't affect the what people may or may not know.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebassman
I think we should all decide that a god exists, but he's just messing with us most of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by docquesting
Sir that is really serious stuff when you start talking like this. I know God will forgive though as you dont comprend what you really need too.
Doc, I think that the wink at the end of Bassman's post could mean that he is kidding. If so (and if not), it's between him and God as to whether it is appropriate. Don't you think? Or... ?

Personally, I do certain things or say certain things or view certain things a certain way that I'm sure appear blasphemous to a lot Christians, but you see, me and God we got this thing where I know that He knows that I'm kidding, and He doesn't think anything of it and everything is cool. Honest.

Last edited by Atom; 11-08-2004 at 12:12 AM.

Old 11-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yeah, I was joking. If you want to discuss such matters with me seriously, v7n isn't really the place to do it. I did my undergrad as a double major in Philosphy and Religious studies, so I am well learned in the area...

So how about that next PR update?

Old 11-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Ok ya I saw the wink but I you know me I got to say something. But I still say somethings you dont wanna joke around with and ths is one of them.

But anyways.

Old 11-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Ok ya I saw the wink but I you know me I got to say something. But I still say somethings you dont wanna joke around with and ths is one of them.

But anyways.
Ok ...

..but what if Bassman's got a thing with God, you know a personal thing, where God has revealed to him that it's ok with Him.... then what? You'd be telling Bassman that he doesn't want to be joking around in this area when God has already revealed to Bassman that it's fine with Him cause He knows it's harmless. You are being what's known as judgemental.

There are ways to express your opinion without being judgemental, these ways are best ... and leave the judging to God. ..

Just some friendly advice..

I am guilty of being judgemental often times, and I have to step back and say ... whoa, or I end up conveying a mixed and tainted message. I try very hard not to be that way because I know who the real judge of people is and should be, and it's not me. I form opinions, but I try hard not to judge people. It's an easy trap for me to fall into, and I know that, so I constantly have to keep myself in check on that issue. If I don't, I know that I do more harm than good.

Last edited by Atom; 11-08-2004 at 12:50 AM.

Old 11-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Ok so I wanted apologize if I did sound judgemental. I think you should know by now that I try not too or otherwise would have jumped down the budhist throat on back in this thread.

There are certain things you dont want to make light of. So far as your example Atom that doesnt apply in this case becuase God does not contridict what He has already said.

When I say things like this on the rare occasions its for your own good. I am only being concerned about your well being and to keep you from something that you may not realize what your doing.

Again I apologize if I ever am being judgemental of anyone. I am far from being in the (right) myself. If you knew some of the things I have done or gone through recently you all would probably be shocked and wonder how can a guy that talks like him be like that. Maybe I did need a head banger that would help me write things as being less judgmental and to clarify what I meant.

Last edited by docquesting; 11-08-2004 at 03:12 PM.

Old 11-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
There are certain things you dont want to make light of. So far as your example Atom that doesnt apply in this case becuase God does not contridict what He has already said.
When Bassman said "but he's just messing with us most of the time." with a wink on the end, that could just be Bassman's way of getting his point across that he's not overly thrilled with the trials and tribulations aspect of God's plan, who knows? And who is happy with that part? Do you honestly think that God would hold something like this against Bassman?

One more question, should we all assume that you are correct in knowing what God approves of and doesn't approve of in other peoples lives? If there is any disapproval, it's obviously yours, Doc, and not God's, unless you believe that God has taken your words away and replaced them with His own. This BTW I do not think is impossible or out of the question. If this is the case, then I apologize. ..

But if they are your words, then I see you as being judgmental with them, and I thought I just might point that out to you. I am not saying my opinion is correct, just that it's my opinion and I thought worth expressing. ..

Last edited by Atom; 11-08-2004 at 04:13 PM.

Old 11-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

That was a good responce Atom considering. Make a note that I said that what you had mentioned didnt apply becuase God doesnt contridict what He says. Also that I was concerned becuase somethings are not meant be made light of. God has already mentioned what these are, not me. So when I do say something to someone it is not that I am trying be judgmental but becuase it needed to be brought out and corrected. I am sure I probably do come accross as being judgmental at times so I am asking anyones forgivness on this. Hopefully this is a good enough reponce to your reply.

Old 11-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Latest Blog:
None

So his prophets who wrote the Word of God got it wrong. Dammit... now I don't know which parts are true and which are the result of too much wine with dinner!

Old 11-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom
When Bassman said "but he's just messing with us most of the time." with a wink on the end, that could just be Bassman's way of getting his point across that he's not overly thrilled with the trials and tribulations aspect of God's plan, who knows? And who is happy with that part? Do you honestly think that God would hold something like this against Bassman?
Just look at Bassman's Photgraphy forum. God wouldn't reward him with 10,000 posts within a few weeks if the two weren't on speaking terms

Old 11-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella
Just look at Bassman's Photgraphy forum. God wouldn't reward him with 10,000 posts within a few weeks if the two weren't on speaking terms
Yeah... now see? .. : )

Hey Bassman .... I agree but, did you mean 'form'?

(Announcements/Basic Conduct) "The human forum is considered art"

Old 11-08-2004, 11:49 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I am truely blessed.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:19 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

To show that I have a since of humer as well.

(Faith without works is dead)

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues