Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Raw video of Fallujah fighters

http://go.fark.com/cgi/fark/go.pl?ID...he/falluja.asf

see if that works

as longs as we are ther might as beat the **** out of the opposition

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2004, 06:59 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

I don't see any opposition, what I see is a bunch of guys shooting a civillian village to pieces with the most modern weaponry on earth. <sarcasm>Something to be proud of, yeah</sarcasm>.

Try here for how it really looks like

http://fallujapictures.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Ferre; 11-15-2004 at 07:04 PM.

Old 11-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Ferre,

as much I as think that that the war was started under false pretenses to secure oil fields, and that there wasn't any real population of terrorist there originally

I think that there is plenty of them there now

particulary in this city where they have found the safe houses where many hostages were beheaded

As much as think the iraqis are victims of circumstance, I think there are plenty of foreign fighters there now who are worthy adversarys

Old 11-15-2004, 10:14 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

yes, but there are also way too many innocent civil casualties..

Quote:
In a poignant modern corollary, an American soldier wrote home about his experience manning an Iraqi checkpoint. The orders were to stop every vehicle, and if a vehicle would not stop, kill the occupants. So as each vehicle approached, the soldiers held up one hand in the universal signal to stop recognized by every six year old who’s obeyed a crossing guard, palm out, fingers together. To the soldier’s surprise, many Iraqis ignored them and simply kept driving. In the first two days, they killed 32 Iraqis. Only then did someone tell them that in Iraq that hand gesture is a common form of greeting, a way to say “hello”, not an order to stop.

Old 11-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre
yes, but there are also way too many innocent civil casualties..

Where is that quote from?

Old 11-15-2004, 11:41 PM
Individualist

Quote:
I don't see any opposition, what I see is a bunch of guys shooting a civillian village to pieces with the most modern weaponry on earth. <sarcasm>Something to be proud of, yeah</sarcasm>.

I don't think you see much of anything there.

Old 11-16-2004, 04:49 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

That quote is a little piece from a newsletter I received but I get about 30/day and I couldn't find that exact quote anymore, it was part of a long article. Nah, can't find it anymore but I'm sure it's on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheNeuschwabenlandTimes/ somewhere.

It's where you can find stuff like this:

Quote:
Johns Hopkins Prof. has copy of Diebold voting software key -- it uses encryption broken in 1997 which every machine in the country responds

Story from Citizens for Legitimate Government (CLG):

Diebold Source Code!!! --
by ouranos (dailykos.com)

"Dr. Avi Rubin is currently Professor of Computer Science at John Hopkins University. He 'accidentally' got his hands on a copy of the Diebold software program --Diebold's source code -- which runs their e-voting machines. Dr. Rubin's students pored over 48,609 lines of code that make up this software. One line in particular stood out over all the rest:

#defineDESKEY((des_KEY8F2654hd4" All commercial programs have provisions to be encrypted so as to protect them from having their contents read or changed by anyone not having the key... The line that staggered the Hopkins team was that the method used to encrypt the Diebold machines was a method called Digital Encryption Standard (DES), a code that was broken in 1997 and is NO LONGER USED by anyone to secure programs. F2654hd4 was the key to the encryption. Moreover, because the KEY was IN the source code, all Diebold machines would respond to the same key.

Unlock one, you have then ALL unlocked.

I can't believe there is a person alive who wouldn't understand the reason this was allowed to happen. This wasn't a mistake by any stretch of the imagination."

Somehow the maistream media 'forgets' to cover important news and that's why I also read what the independent media publishes.

It's also where I found out the the Ohio votes are going to be re-counted btw.

Old 11-16-2004, 05:26 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Maybe you should be more concerned with the current events within your own country before you go preoccupy yourself with the rest of the world.

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_frien...138636,00.html

Quote:
Theo Van Gogh (search), whose latest movie denounced the treatment of women in Muslim countries, was slain Nov. 2 in Amsterdam. His throat was slit and a note attached to a knife shoved in his chest threatened “jihad” against the Dutch government.

Officials arrested an alleged Islamic extremist in connection with the slaying. The suspect is part of what officials describe as a 1,000-member international terror cell with ties to Usama bin Laden (search).

The religious tensions in this normally tolerant country have resulted in the bombing and vandalism of more than 20 mosques and churches around the Netherlands
On the comment about civilians being killed... Did you acutally think all innocent people would come out alive? We are talking about warfare inside a city. Where young marines and army personel have seconds to decide if someone is friendly or foe. Where insurgents are faking injeries and even faking death and then when marines come to clear the area they get attacked by these injered and dead.

Its OH SO EASY to be an arm chair general.

Old 11-16-2004, 06:30 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:

Those are pictures of dead and injured in a warzone. That's what warzones look like, sorry. I love the caption "most americans have not seen images like these.." Are you people really so ignorant / arrogant to think that Americans don't know that people die in wars, that sometimes civilians get killed?

The mainstream media "forgets" huh? Thank goodness there are outstanding, credable news sources like the Neuschwabenland Times of Yahoo groups to do the hard reporting CNN and Fox forgets. What a joke.

You're not reading news. I'm finally figuring out that you're not really interested in news. Anyone, and I mean anyone who's willing to report any ridiculous rumor that agrees with your theories is the hot news source of the day. You're duping yourself.

Old 11-16-2004, 06:52 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Maybe you should be more concerned with the current events within your own country before you go preoccupy yourself with the rest of the world.
Bush should take this advice!

Old 11-16-2004, 09:08 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
Where is that quote from?
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/29/iraq.deaths

hope that's main stream enough. Any of the figures proposed by the article, even the lowest ones, are easilly "too many".
But then, the US is leading a war for peace, which would be similar to "screwing for virginity".

Old 11-16-2004, 09:26 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by southnow
Those are pictures of dead and injured in a warzone. That's what warzones look like, sorry.
I agree that warzones look the way they do. That's not the real issue. The issue is why that the warzone was even created. Using your logic one might say "these were piles of dead Jews, That's what holocaust looks like, sorry".
I hope I put my point across.

Old 11-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret
as longs as we are ther might as beat the **** out of the opposition
Wooow, you's are real tough guys. No wonder most of the world hates you.
The US military is investigating television footage which appears to show a marine in Fallujah shoot dead a wounded man.
Pictures broadcast by TV networks show a man slumped on the floor of a mosque where rebels had earlier been shooting at US troops.

When the troops realise the man is not dead, one opens fire, hitting him in the head at close range

Pentagon officials said the marine who fired has been taken off the battlefield pending the probe.

yeah, great **** kicking you got there

Last edited by SVB; 11-16-2004 at 09:47 AM.

Old 11-16-2004, 09:49 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella
I agree that warzones look the way they do. That's not the real issue. The issue is why that the warzone was even created. Using your logic one might say "these were piles of dead Jews, That's what holocaust looks like, sorry".
I hope I put my point across.
I guess you've got me kind of stuck with that one. I don't know how to argue with logic that equates the war in Iraq to the holocaust. You would be more accurate to equate Iraq with the war that ended the holocaust.

Old 11-16-2004, 09:51 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaboy
Bush should take this advice!
yeah.. lets just talk about education in our country and let the terrorists attack us again. stfu you idiot

Old 11-16-2004, 10:33 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

First you should start investigating who really attacked the US, for all I know it was an inside job and there is NOTHING that proves me wrong, except for US Inteligence lies and scams. Those are proven to be wrong btw, so who did it eh? funny how no one wants to know.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bradley
Pictures broadcast by TV networks show a man slumped on the floor of a mosque where rebels had earlier been shooting at US troops.

When the troops realise the man is not dead, one opens fire, hitting him in the head at close range

Pentagon officials said the marine who fired has been taken off the battlefield pending the probe.

yeah, great **** kicking you got there
Umm, you see this were are I sort of differ from most people who are against the war

I don't see one soldier screwing up and killing one unarmed man as a refelection on the whole US armed forces.

There are people in iraqi there NOW, who arn't even Iraqis cutting off the heads of aid workers and journalists, over running and executing Iraqi police officers , and executing 50 unarmed iraqi soldiers in one instance.

so ... we have to kill them, even if it means killing some civilians in the crossfire

This doesn't mean that I think the war is good, I don't think many of terrorist forces would even be there if it wasn't for us being there.

Which is sort of Ironic since we supposedly invaded iraqi to get at the terrrorists, but we sort of drew the terrorist there by invading

But just becasue I think the war is crooked and GW and company are corrupt elite oil funded zealots, doesn't mean I want us to lose.

Old 11-16-2004, 11:23 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

It's already lost, there is no choise other than loose more. It sounds a little stupid I know but everyone who had any expertise told the US before they did it but they wouldn't listen and now they pay the price, the sad thing is that everyone is paying the price, except for Halliburton and the Carlyle group.

And for that remark about minding my own busyness, me thinks that when my country sends troops and money to Afganistan and Iraq on the request of the US that makes it my busyness, afterall it's also my family dying there and my tax money being used to secure the peace*

(*read oilfields).

Last edited by Ferre; 11-16-2004 at 11:27 AM.

Old 11-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
yeah.. lets just talk about education in our country and let the terrorists attack us again. stfu you idiot
Real nice- thanks!

Old 11-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

WTF@Ferre

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues