Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 11-06-2009, 08:23 AM
v7n Mentor

Ignore. Had trouble posting this entry and thought it did not post, so I posted again below.

Last edited by Allen Farlow; 11-06-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Farlow View Post
Now being reported: Before opening fire, Hasan yelled "ALLAH!"
Source or didn't happen.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:42 AM
v7n Mentor

He came with not one but TWO handguns. Reports are coming out now that he yelled "ALLAH!" before he opened fire. This was a PLANNED TERRORIST ATTACK ON A U.S. MILITARY INSTALLATION.

I expect it to happen again elsewhere if the U.S. military doesn't get a grip on it.

Nice to know this complete tool is still alive...let's ask the families of the victims what we should do with him...

I vote for a very slow and painful drawn and quartered myself. Forget the horses, let's use winches on the front of four military trucks and make him wish to meet his Allah.

A life sentence at Leavenworth is far too lenient for such a traitor in my opinion.

Why was this traitor not placed in restricted custody? Why was he not looked at more closely? I have heard reports that he was almost happy after learning of the attacks on an Arkansas recruitment center, and he made it rather clear he was against being shipped to Iraq to fight against Muslims.

So why was he still free to walk around?

Should we remove every person of Muslim faith from the U.S. Armed Forces? The United States knows about efforts by terrorists to recruit Americans to their cause. This guy was an American by birth, more of an American than I think Obama is!

Any Muslim in the U.S. Armed Forces might as well get out soon as they can because they and their records, as well as their internet postings, are going to be scrutinized in ways we can't even imagine. The feds already entered Hasan's apartment and seized his computer. They're now doing the digging they should have done months ago. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,572448,00.html

There are a lot of questions still to be answered and some may remain unanswered.

Cricket, have you heard from your friend yet?

Last edited by Allen Farlow; 11-06-2009 at 08:50 AM.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:45 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dWhite View Post
Source or didn't happen.
The Army psychiatrist suspected of being the lone gunman in a horrific massacre at Fort Hood in Texas took a "very calm and measured approach" to carrying out the mass shooting, the commanding general said Friday.

Survivors of the rampage that killed 13 and wounded 30 said the suspect, Major Nidal Malik Hasan, shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — "God is great!" in Arabic — before opening fire, base commander Lt. Gen. Robert Cone said.

Cone said officials had not yet confirmed that Hasan, 39, made the comment. Authorities raided his apartment early Friday in a search for clues but haven't yet been able to talk to Hasan, who also survived the shootings and was hospitalized on a ventilator.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,572448,00.html

I'd tend to believe people who were actually there, wouldn't you?

Last edited by Allen Farlow; 11-06-2009 at 08:49 AM.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:46 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhite
Either way, I hope Texas gives him the death penalty. He doesn't deserve to live anymore.
He's a serving officer in the US Army and the attack happened on base. Suspect Texas won't get a shot at him, his actions prob fall into jursidiction of UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) in which case he'd be tried by Court Martial. Basically it'd be a firing squad offense in the past... don't know if they still do that or not. Certainly deserves it.

On the other hand I'm not certain he deserves a fast death by bullet. The guy is an educated man, a Major in the US Army, an officer and a gentleman by order of Congress, and a medical professional to boot. Like to see him get to spend the rest of his life reflecting on everything he threw away and the people whose lives he destroyed just for the purpose of his religious fanaticism... all the while sitting in a small cell in Leavenworth Kansas until old age finally defeats his ability to sustain the wretched remains of his life. Death is too merciful for him.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
He's a serving officer in the US Army and the attack happened on base. Suspect Texas won't get a shot at him, his actions prob fall into jursidiction of UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) in which case he'd be tried by Court Martial. Basically it'd be a firing squad offense in the past... don't know if they still do that or not. Certainly deserves it.

On the other hand I'm not certain he deserves a fast death by bullet. The guy is an educated man, a Major in the US Army, an officer and a gentleman by order of Congress, and a medical professional to boot. Like to see him get to spend the rest of his life reflecting on everything he threw away and the people whose lives he destroyed just for the purpose of his religious fanaticism... all the while sitting in a small cell in Leavenworth Kansas until old age finally defeats his ability to sustain the wretched remains of his life. Death is too merciful for him.
Not everyone on the base is military. There are 3 major towns that are part of Fort Hood (Killeen, Temple and Waco). Fort Hood has ALOT of civilians on base either as contractors or former military serving as G-rank (civilian ranks).

If civilian contractors were killed/wounded, you can bet that Texas has part jurisdiction considering they aren't military personnel.

Even Fort Leavenworth is too merciful for him, if he did this out of religious extremism he should be shipped to Guantanamo Bay as it could be possible terrorism acts based on religion.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:10 AM
v7n Mentor

Maybe there's a chance that Texas will get him after the feds are done with him, but do you think there will be much left for Texas to do anything with?

Even Guantanamo is too lenient, way I see it.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:19 AM
v7n Mentor

Getting tried for treason, murder, conduct unbefitting, etc by the US Army isnt likely to leave him free to be retried by Texas. He's the military's problem for the rest of his life, however long that may be.

Executing him leaves him to be a martyred hero for the nutcases to exclaim about. Incarcerating him for the rest of his life just makes him another loser in an orange jumpsuit. One of the few cases I dont support swift justice. He wouldnt suffer enough, nor serve as an example to radicals that are prepared to be martyrs but not prepared to spend their existence caged like lab rats.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Contributing Member

This is an unthinkable act, my prayers go to the families of those fallen and betrayed by one of them.

Last edited by Franc Tireur; 11-06-2009 at 09:29 AM.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:15 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
I am prolly a little too close to this story to respond objectively anymore, but I have to agree. I hope he survives to live every last day of his life in shame and humiliation behind bars.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:38 AM
v7n Mentor

I echo those sentiments, but Cricket you have not told us if you know what has happened to your friend.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:10 AM
No Longer Active

I'm sorry, I thought I had but now realize I had posted the update in another location. My friend is safe.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Contributing Member

Thursday’s shooting on a Texas military base has revived the debate on whether the current gun control rules on military bases make sense and both advocates and critics see the tragedy as supporting their side.

Army Chief of Staff George W. Casey Jr. ordered a review of all force protection policies at U.S. Army bases worldwide Thursday, including the rules regarding who can carry guns on the bases.

Currently, concealed handgun laws such as the one in Texas do not apply on military bases. Soldiers generally only carry weapons on base when there is a specific reason. Personal weapons are registered with authorities on the base and stored in special rooms until they are signed out.

http://startelegram.typepad.com/poli...ol-debate.html

Once again! Gun Free Zone!

"Of course the element of surprise was a probably valuable tool for a creep like this," Hupp said. "You’re not going to prevent somebody from killing those first couple of people...but after that...if more people were armed in there, it could have ended much, much, much sooner."

Old 11-08-2009, 11:18 AM
v7n Mentor

Thank you, Cricket, that's great news.

I have to agree with ya, Rob. Making him a martyr would be the wrong thing to do. Forcing him to live out his miserable life in lockdown makes more sense.

I just wish it were legal to give the rotten terrorist a good beat down once a day and make it even worse for him. Maybe beat him with the bottom of shoes or sic the dogs on him, do things that are appalling to Muslims, maybe force feed him pork meat or live with hogs in the cell.

If we could torture and shame them for the rest of their going-to-be-a-long life and let it be known to the rest of the scum who think killing Christians is a good thing, perhaps they would have more trouble recruiting people to attack us. Maybe they would learn a bit about religious tolerance and how it's not good for their souls to murder others.

My prayers go out to the families who lost loved ones, the injured and their families, as well as to the family of the attacker who must now bear the brunt of society for his actions.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:20 PM
v7n Mentor

Goon news, Cricket. Sorry for the people whose news was not good.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:06 AM

This is such sad news. I hope this tragedy will be dealt with carefully so that no such things will happen again in the future.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:01 AM
v7n Mentor

And to make it even worse:

Radical imam praises alleged Fort Hood shooter

By PAMELA HESS, Associated Press Writer Pamela Hess, Associated Press Writer – 21 mins ago

WASHINGTON – The personal Web site for a radical American imam living in Yemen who had contact with two 9/11 hijackers is praising alleged Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan as a hero.

The posting Monday on the Web site for Anwar al Awlaki, who was a spiritual leader at two mosques where three 9/11 hijackers worshipped, said American Muslims who condemned the attacks on the Texas military base last week are hypocrites who have committed treason against their religion.

Full story here.

What are they trying to do, start a world-wide holy war? At the very least, this goofball religious extremist can be taken out by covert ops just as easily as anyone else. He doesn't come off to me as being too bright shooting off his mouth like that.

Should we purge the U.S. military forces of all people of Muslim faith? I personally think we should.

Yes, yes, scream that there are a lot of good Muslims who are faithful to the U.S., but there were also a lot of good Japanese who got rounded up and placed in camps right here in the U.S. after Pearl Harbor got attacked. (Executive Order 9066 was signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt on Feb. 19, 1942, giving the government power to uproot entire innocent communities due to fears of “sabotage and espionage.” http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives...s_commemor.php )

Quite frankly, better to be safe than sorry. We can't afford to be attacked from within. From what I've seen of the 9/11 hijackers and the World Trade Center bombing in '93, and now this Fort Hood massacre, we need to be absolutely sure where our military member's loyalties lie, and I don't think those of the Muslim faith can be trusted to not do something like this again, somewhere else.

Yes, the innocent, U.S. flag-waving, patriotic American Muslim will be discriminated against, but ya know what?

SO WHAT?! We are at WAR, whether it has been declared or not.

We can't afford to have another Fort Hood anywhere else.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:57 AM
No Longer Active

Whoah! You can't be serious? Fortunately it's not 1942 anymore and we have learned not to judge people based on their race, religion, or gender, but rather on their actions.

The guy that killed the abortion doctor recently did absolutely nothing to forward the cause of pro lifers. He hurt their position as a whole. But that does not mean all pro lifers are radical. Neither are all Muslims radicals any more than any other religion, race, gender, etc. To paint them with the same brush is just plain wrong. It's not who we are as a nation.

Should we be more vigilant in looking for (and taking action on) warning signs? Heck yeah! But not just warning signs from a specific group of people.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:17 PM
v7n Mentor

I understand what you are saying, Cricket, but if it's Islamic radicals who are killing us, shouldn't we be focusing on all Islamic radicals? Doesn't make much sense to look at Christians.

I would really hate to see it come to us reverting back to rounding up people just because they happen to be (insert whatever here) like the killers that attacked us, but it may have to come to that.

We are fighting a new kind of war, a war of beliefs. This is not a war between countries, there is no 'target' to bomb. Our enemy is standing right next to us at the bus stop, wrapped in dynamite and nails.

So how do you propose we should fight them? After they blow us up?

Old 11-09-2009, 01:13 PM
v7n Mentor

Complications Grow for Muslims Serving in U.S. Military

By ANDREA ELLIOTT
Published: November 8, 2009

Abdi Akgun joined the Marines in August of 2000, fresh out of high school and eager to serve his country. As a Muslim, the attacks of Sept. 11 only steeled his resolve to fight terrorism.

But two years later, when Mr. Akgun was deployed to Iraq with the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, the thought of confronting Muslims in battle gave him pause.

He was haunted by the possibility that he might end up killing innocent civilians.

“It’s kind of like the Civil War, where brothers fought each other across the Mason-Dixon line,” Mr. Akgun, 28, of Lindenhurst, N.Y., who returned from Iraq without ever pulling the trigger. “I don’t want to stain my faith, I don’t want to stain my fellow Muslims, and I also don’t want to stain my country’s flag.”

Thousands of Muslims have served in the United States military — a legacy that some trace to the First World War. But in the years since Sept. 11, 2001, as the United States has become mired in two wars on Muslim lands, the service of Muslim-Americans is more necessary and more complicated than ever before.

In the aftermath of the shootings at Fort Hood on Thursday by Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan of the Army, a psychiatrist, many Muslim soldiers and their commanders say they fear that the relationship between the military and its Muslim service members will only grow more difficult.

Full story here.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues