Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Contributing Member

Homeland secretary pushes immigration reform

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, the White House point person on immigration, said Friday that Congress must provide temporary worker programs and a path to citizenship for 12 million undocumented workers when it takes up reform legislation next year.

Napolitano was optimistic a reform bill could pass in an election year because border security goals have been met and the economic downturn has decreased illegal immigration significantly since a bipartisan bill died in the Senate two years ago.

"I know a major shift when I see one, and what I have seen makes reform far more attainable this time around," Napolitano said at a speech at the Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank and advocate for immigration reform.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&type=politics

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2009, 05:09 PM
v7n Mentor

Border security goals have been met. Uh...okay. They must not have been very lofty goals because I'm pretty sure there's still thousands of places where I can drive my truck right into Mexico and back into the U.S., no fences, no ditches, no walls, no signs, nothing.

Obama seems bound and determined to undermine Americans and sacrifice the sovereignty of the United States.

So what do you think will happen when word gets out (I'm sure it already has if we know about it) that illegals are going to get amnesty (for what, the fourth time since Reagan?!) ? I can tell you what will happen. There will be a massive rush on the southern U.S. border from the south. People will rush here to get in line to get amnesty, that's what. Amnesty does not discourage illegal immigration and all the ills that accompany it, it encourages it, and I think Barry Soetoro is smart enough to know that.

So what's going on? Why this push for immigration reform and granting amnesty? Does he really think turning foreigners into American citizens will help this country? How? Unemployment is already past 10%, and amnesty will only raise it.

So what exactly is the Obama administration's goal for America?

Other than driving this country into the ground, I'm left scratching my head.

And Napolitano, man, don't even get me started. I lived in Arizona when she was governor!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues