Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Individualist

Health care costs

Today, an average insurance policy can cost about $2,985 for an individual or $6,328 for a family. Under the Senate bill, those premiums will increase to $5,800 for an individual worker and $15,200 for a family plan by 2016.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...BlNTY0MjA5YjA=

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2009, 05:54 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Governements never balance correctly their sheet if you want my personal opinion.

See how they managed Medicare, Medicaid, and hospitals, etc... all are in deficit. If I take the French example it is the same, we created our health care system since 1945 and the deficit is out of hand.

Unemployment play an important part in this mess, and they just tax higher the working people.

If the Americans want what we experienced with our system, fine but you will be warned. That remind me what the French governement did in Vietnam, then the Americans decided to experience the same mess.

To be short, I will say that the best way to fix the problem is overhaul the existing private health care system because there are too much injustice with pre-conditions, etc

By the way it will hit hard and destroy more the middle class, because upper class will always have more income to pay whatever price the health care may be.

Robespierre

Last edited by Franc Tireur; 12-04-2009 at 05:59 AM.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Today, an average insurance policy can cost about $2,985 for an individual or $6,328 for a family.
I've two questions: It's a cost per year? What is the ratio of average yearly salary to health insurance cost?

Old 12-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I've two questions: It's a cost per year? What is the ratio of average yearly salary to health insurance cost?
Yearly.

No idea on the other question.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Latest Blog:
A New Project

Well at my age it would be cheaper to just shot me.........
Maybe congress would give me a program that they have .....and let the taxpayers pay for it.....

Old 12-05-2009, 02:19 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Yearly.
No idea on the other question.
I have checked: it's about $42.000 per year.

So health insurance it's 7,14% of the salary. When they raise it, it will be about 12,7% (including predicted inflation).
In europe it wary between 6 and 10%. I pay 9.5%.

BUT!

If the only one person in the falmily is employed, health insurance is a cost 13,8% and it'll be 30%!!!

So... Now many americans don't have any social and health insurance and american economy has troubles. When the cost of living will dramaticly raise because of higher health insurance cost, american economy will be in SERIOUS troubles.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues