Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Bank failure tally reaches 130

Regulators shutter Cleveland-based AmTrust Bank, and five other banks. Closures will cost the FDIC $2.384 billion.

The nation's tally of 2009 bank casualties hit 130 Friday when regulators shuttered a large Ohio bank, an Illinois bank, a Virginia bank and three small Georgia banks.

The largest bank to fail was AmTrust Bank in Cleveland.

Regulators also closed Benchmark Bank in Aurora, Ill., and Greater Atlantic Bank in Reston, Va.

The Buckhead Community Bank in Atlanta, Ga., First Security National Bank in Norcross, Ga., The Tattnall Bank in Reidsville, Ga., were also closed.

Customers of all the six failed banks are protected, however. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., which has insured bank deposits since the Great Depression, currently covers customer accounts up to $250,000.

AmTrust Bank. The Office of Thrift Supervision closed AmTrust Bank because it "was in an unsafe and unsound condition because of substantial loan losses, deteriorating asset quality, and insufficient capital."

"Last week, the FDIC announced that 552 banks are at risk of going under, the highest level since 1993, when the agency had red-flagged 575 banks."

http://money.cnn.com/2009/12/04/news...lure/index.htm

Robespierre

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2009, 08:59 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

ROFL. Dang Natural, arent you just a ray of sunshine. :-p

Old 12-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
ROFL. Dang Natural, arent you just a ray of sunshine. :-p
LOL I am not a ray of sunshine, I am rather like the solar wind that shine once in a the while

Seriously when I was reading this: "Closures will cost the FDIC $2.384 billion" I thought damn who will pay for this, first I was thinking about the other banks, then second I say to myself, the bank fees will go kissing the sky.

Robespierre

Last edited by Franc Tireur; 12-04-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Latest Blog:
A New Project

What the He**.....we all end up paying...

Years ago the banks were about the depositors...

Now they are about making the bucks...their operating policies do not take into consideration that you can only squeeze a rock so hard and there is no juice left....

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues