Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 03-14-2010, 10:43 PM

Only loser smoke. And yes I'm one of them. damn!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 05:12 AM
Contributing Member

though cigars are bad to health as everybody says, however, some researchers says that Smoking May Cut Parkinsons Risk.

Refer to this article published in reuters: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6294XH20100310

Old 03-16-2010, 04:11 AM

of course we all know that smoking is dangerous, so much better don't smoke

Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Living is dangerous; so, better not live!

Old 03-22-2010, 02:00 PM
v7n Mentor

The freedom to do as you want, as long as it doesn't impinged on the rights of others to live as they please...smoke if you want to, but it hurts my eyes and lungs, so please keep it away from me! Here is Australia, smoking is banned in ALL covered areas, and this rule has been embraced by both non-smokers and smokers alike. It is working well to protect everyone's interests. ..and yes-pubs and clubs are still thriving! A great place to hang out-for EVERYONE! People go to one of the designated smoking areas to smoke.
On a personal note, I was hospitalised with a lung condition many years ago, and was there with a 42 year old who had severe emphasema from smoking....to know what it's like not to be able to breathe, I would never want that again. Trying to breathe, for YEARS on end, it is a slow, devastating death.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo W View Post
People go to one of the designated smoking areas to smoke.
Here, the "designated smoking area" is all too frequently in the open under sleet, snow or freezing winds and/or snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo W View Post
The freedom to do as you want, as long as it doesn't impinged on the rights of others to live as they please
Try getting through with that message to cell phone users.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

I quit smoking years ago. I do admit that I chew the nasty leaf instead of inhaling it. I would be dead by now had I continued to smoke.

I shared that so that what I say next won't sound all that cruel.

If I am to be forced to pay for your health care, and it looks like I will, morphine is all the treatment you will will receive for lung cancer.

I won't allow you suffer in pain, but I won't waste a million dollars on a lost cause.

Live in the US? Ready to quit or change now?

Old 03-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
I quit smoking years ago. I do admit that I chew the nasty leaf instead of inhaling it. I would be dead by now had I continued to smoke.

I shared that so that what I say next won't sound all that cruel.

If I am to be forced to pay for your health care, and it looks like I will, morphine is all the treatment you will will receive for lung cancer.

I won't allow you suffer in pain, but I won't waste a million dollars on a lost cause.

Live in the US? Ready to quit or change now?
What is the treatment for gum cancer?

Old 03-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Contributing Member

I got into smoking once but I stopped when I realize that I was wasting my life.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:28 AM
v7n Mentor

Well, black eyes...what's your addiction. I started smoking in the sixties. Back then it was advertised and everyone smoked. The
U.S. Navy facilitated it during Vietnam, for us squids. You may think it is a conscious decision, however it is an addiction, just like
the one you have, whatever it may be. So if you consider what addiction you have and it may be that you like it. The question is
can you quit it and how? It is true that smokers are in the minority
and it can be quite embarrassing...so that is one reason I quit, and the other is money.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Contributing Member

I came across a quote from the net(I saw it on facebook I think) saying " Smokers are the bravest person because they face death head on each time they pop a stick of cigarette".

I guess I'm one of those brave guys who face death head on.

smoking cigars while driving a motorbike that would be more deadlier(and I do it frequently while driving home from work)

Last edited by technophobic; 03-25-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:28 AM
V7N Cheesy Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonshire View Post
Well, black eyes...what's your addiction. I started smoking in the sixties. Back then it was advertised and everyone smoked. The
U.S. Navy facilitated it during Vietnam, for us squids. You may think it is a conscious decision, however it is an addiction, just like
the one you have, whatever it may be. So if you consider what addiction you have and it may be that you like it. The question is
can you quit it and how? It is true that smokers are in the minority
and it can be quite embarrassing...so that is one reason I quit, and the other is money.
What's my addiction?! It's smoking, i really can't quit this stuff..I know the consequences with it, but can you can say that i will stop this if i'm enjoying each and every stick..Cigarette is not that expensive here unlike in you place..

Old 03-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Banned

In my opinion smoking is not great for our health and also its not good for others who is sitting beside i am also a smoker since 2000 but i want to leave smoking but cant able to do so....

Old 03-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Banned

Yeah! all of us are saying that smoking is bad for health, but there are still a lot of puffing it! Some says it there way of stress-reliever to loose their tension. Some says they love the aftermath of smoke! Some says its their rebellious treat from their body (a slow suicidal). Its for them to quit it or go for it and puff some more!

Old 03-27-2010, 12:29 PM
v7n Mentor

I love smoking. I love lighting a cigarette. I love theway smoke trailing up and curls.
I love blowing massive smoke rings. I love the looks of an ember in the dark.
I love the way it lights my lover's face in the dark after sex.

Yes. I'm addicted and I've tried to stop.
My heart wasn't in it.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:57 PM
V7N Cheesy Mentor

I also love my cigarette and nothing can take it away from me..

Old 03-29-2010, 04:12 AM
Banned

I sometimes (no, every other day i guess) i smoke. Although it might call it factual or fictional that smoking can relieve stress, for me it does help (though you might call it as a psychological matter). But i love it, but i'm not addicted to it, good thing i'm not in Ireland because they ban smoking in public places. My source? here! http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Smoking+ban

Old 03-30-2010, 04:48 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannah is awesome View Post
I sometimes (no, every other day i guess) i smoke. Although it might call it factual or fictional that smoking can relieve stress, for me it does help (though you might call it as a psychological matter). But i love it, but i'm not addicted to it, good thing i'm not in Ireland because they ban smoking in public places. My source? here! http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Smoking+ban
it doesn't relieve stress, just like coffee doesn't give you energy, just like alcohol doesn't make u a better driver. But in our minds it can ...

Old 03-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
it doesn't relieve stress, just like coffee doesn't give you energy,
The stress reduction and stimulation here referenced are not merely placebo effects, but very much physically real changes in ones blood chemistry and metabolism.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:53 PM
v7n Mentor

Thanks for pointing that out...I was going to but had not gotten around to it yet...it is true, there is a psychological affect and there is a physiological affect. After all you are putting drugs into your body, there is a chemical reaction to the chemicals being inhaled or ingested....as for the statement about I drive better when I've been drinking because I am more careful...there may actually be some point where that statement could be true, it is an improbable statement, not impossible.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues