Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-04-2010, 10:09 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Washington, D.C. just doesnt' get it!

The latest example that our pleas are falling on deaf ears:

Taxpayers to Fork Out $2.5 Million for Single Census Ad During Super Bowl

FOXNews.com

Taxpayers might want to pay close attention to this Sunday's Super Bowl broadcast or they'll miss Uncle Sam's 30-second, $2.5-million reminder to stand up and be counted.

Read full article here.

What is the problem?! Americans are cutting back on spending across the board, tightening their belts, yet our leaders continue to spend our tax money irresponsibly.

$2.5 Mil for ONE commercial? What is wrong with those people? Have they completely lost touch with reality?!

How many tv ads on evening dramas do you think they could run with that same $2.5 million? Do they actually think that everyone will watch the Superbowl?

As if Obama's extravagant and fiscally irresponsible programs was not enough of an example that our leaders are living in fairyland, now this!

When will it end?!

November?

January 20th, 2013?

The sooner the better because we Americans can't afford this kind of stupid leadership!

Need an extra $300-$500 each weekend - in cash? Get Paid In Cash!

Learn How To Buy Almost Anything Wholesale and Save 70-90% Off Retail. Wal Mart does NOT sell for less! The Top 250

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Allen I have read much worse.

It reminds me The University of Pennsylvania about a study paid by The National Institutes of Health (NIH) with $639,586 of our tax dollars to conclude that possessing guns are 4.5 times more likely to be shot than people who do not possess them.

What a bunch of lies!

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/Articles/Read.aspx?ID=391

Robespierre

Old 02-04-2010, 01:56 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Oh, yeah. That reminds me.

I need a $700,000 grant for my study to prove that people who walk in the street are more likely to be hit by cars than people who stay on the sidewalk.

I also need a few brave volunteers, any takers?

I still can't understand the rationalization behind the decision to blow $2.5 Million on ONE 30-second ad. It just boggles the mind to think those people will keep their jobs after doing that. Talk about mismanagement!

Any other company and they would have been canned on the spot.

Need an extra $300-$500 each weekend - in cash? Get Paid In Cash!

Learn How To Buy Almost Anything Wholesale and Save 70-90% Off Retail. Wal Mart does NOT sell for less! The Top 250

Old 02-04-2010, 07:12 PM

Could feed a lot of hungry children with that money.......but, of course , the people that decided to spend the money aren't hungry.....

Old 02-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

I actually don;t mind the Super Bowl advert. Last time I knew, something like 25% of the forms don;t get returned. Then the Census has to send someone out to the house at even more expense to get that family to fill out the form.

I believe the $2.5 million is the going rate for adverts this year anyway. Would have been nice to see the network provide it for free but we all know that won;t happen.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues