Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Hurricane

Exclamation Bombing for Liberty

Quote:
Senior Republicans in Kentucky and Washington D.C. are deeply concerned about Senate candidate Trey Graysonís campaign as he struggles to narrow the gap against GOP primary rival Rand Paul.

Two months before the election, the libertarian-leaning Paul, son of the Texas congressman and quixotic presidential contender, has tapped into anti-Washington grass-roots fervor on the right and staked out an advantage over Grayson, Kentuckyís secretary of state and establishment favorite.

There have been few polls in the race, but an automated survey earlier this month showed Paul leading by double digits. Even Grayson backers acknowledge that their candidate is lagging, if not as badly as the public polls indicate.

A win by Paul, a Bowling Green ophthalmologist, would represent the first true electoral success of the tea party movement. Equally important, it would embarrass Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, whose political organization is running Graysonís campaign, thrust onto the national stage a Republican with foreign policy views out of the conservative mainstream and, strategists in both parties believe, imperil the GOPís hold on the seat now held by retiring Sen. Jim Bunning.

Recognizing the threat, a well-connected former aide to Vice President Dick Cheney convened a conference call last week between Grayson and a group of leading national security conservatives to sound the alarm about Paul.

ďOn foreign policy, [global war on terror], Gitmo, Afghanistan, Rand Paul is NOT one of us,Ē Cesar Conda wrote in an e-mail to figures such as Liz Cheney, William Kristol, Robert Kagan, Dan Senor and Marc Thiessen.
As for McConnell, he hasnít formally endorsed Grayson, and the leaderís allies are sensitive about the race being portrayed as any kind of referendum on his long-held grip on the Kentucky GOP. Were McConnell to weigh in more directly in the race, it could boost Grayson with party faithful ó but it also could offer yet another reminder that Paul is the anti-establishment candidate.

Should Paul win the seat, it would create one of the most striking home-state odd couples in Senate history and raise questions about McConnellís political strength at home and in the national party.
3 page article on Rand Paul and his campaign: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34582.html

The grassroots has organized a money bomb for Rand's campaign today. If you would like to see Rand in the Senate, please consider donating a few bucks. He's going to need them to defeat the GOP machine supporting his primary opponent.

https://www.randpaul2010.com/donate/

You can watch real time donation tracking for the campaign here:

http://www.randpaulgraphs.com/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

There is about a 99% probability that he will get my vote. Heck, I might even go for a yard sign.

My bucks I will keep.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Hurricane

That's cool SM. Money is just the means to an end. Votes are the end.

It seems like there are so few elections out there where people can make a real difference. This is one of them. I donated a few bucks this morning.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

I will explain my no cash stance. One shared by others my age. I gave money to several canidates some years back. I included a note that said spend it wisely. I am not sending anymore this election.

Darned if they didn't spend a large % of that amount asking me for more money. That money was wasted. I already told them it was a one time donation.

I know they are all playing the numbers game that some marketing guru has explained to them but some of us old pharts mean what we say. Actually I say what I mean and mean what I say.

So there will be no more cash contributions to any one from me.

Sadly many charities are on the same list.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Individualist

I like both Ron and Rand. But democracy itself is the problem. Attempting to fix democracy while maintaining the democratic framework is a mistake, IMHO.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues