Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Ya but then there are times I bet you just need to have it and cant do without it no matter what right?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10
Can you imagine coming out with these comments in countries like Iraq etc? You would be taken to a hideout and either tortured or killed.
I'll reapeat what John Scott wrote here once. At least the gist of it.
Do you really regard it a success to compare America favorably to 3rd world countries, or countries ruled by tyrants?

Old 02-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre
Yeah, funny, I have not touched any cannabis (I do not take any other drugs) since yesterday and it's ten o'clock in the evening now and somehow I don't feel like smoking. Does that match the profile of an addict?
That isn't long enough to be able to say one way or the other. But you don't have to try and convince me because I know very well the addiction potential of weed. It has no physical addiction potential to even mention and it has very minor psychological addiction potential. So the addiction factor of this drug is negligible as far as I am concerned, and let me just add, that I have more knowledge of recreational drug addiction than most medical doctors in this country that prescribe the damn things. And do not think for even one moment that I am exaggerating in the least bit, because you'll only be wasting your time, this I promise you all.

A lot of the problem with doctors is that they are not adequately educated on the addiction aspects of addictive drugs. Believe that, folks. I'm not saying their stupid about it, although you would swear that some actually are, but they do not recieve adequate training/education in that field. It's not as bad as it used to be but, it's not what it should be.

And then there are some that are in it for the money and purposely look the other way when it comes to understanding addicts and addiction. These are the doctors that are avidly sought by druggies. They will write scripts for a while untill they sense too much pressure, then they'll back off and then the druggie will have to go doctor shopping again. There are other types of situations as well, but my neck is getting very sore from typing. There are many facets to this game, and few people are totally intimate with the specifics of why this continues to go on in this country. I think that I will stop here.

Last edited by Atom; 02-27-2005 at 01:55 PM.

Old 02-27-2005, 04:30 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by docquesting
Ya but then there are times I bet you just need to have it and cant do without it no matter what right?
Nope, I have only experienced this with water, food and when I was 18 years old I once thought I had that with a girl.

Old 02-27-2005, 07:47 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Somebody just brought up something in the other thread that should have been discussed here. If Jesus was a Jew and Jesus is God Himself and folks say there Is not any God how do you explain the fact that there are Jews. There is no explaining away the fact that there are Jews. Maybe thats why some folks hate them so much.

Old 02-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
If Jesus was a Jew and Jesus is God Himself and folks say there Is not any God how do you explain the fact that there are Jews. There is no explaining away the fact that there are Jews.
don't be silly doc. The existence of Jews doesn't prove the existence of God at all. As a matter of fact, the existence of Jews doesn't prove a thing.

Old 02-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

What about all the facts that archeologist discorvered that they found by reading the Word. Things they may not have found otherwise. Locations of lost cities and also that the walls of Jerico really did fall outward as described by in the Bible. Thats more facts than anyone will have to prove there is a God over what they will try to find that there isnt.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella
I'll reapeat what John Scott wrote here once. At least the gist of it.
Do you really regard it a success to compare America favorably to 3rd world countries, or countries ruled by tyrants?
Whether JS says it, you say it, what does it matter?

Read what I say, understand in what context it was used and at least get the gist of it

Yes I do.

Quite a few countries are run by tyrants and I consider it a success that mine isn't.

I know that it should be the norm for everyone to have free speech etc but the truth of the matter is that it isn't.

I consider it a success that we have progressed enough to get away from this way of dealing with our internal matters.

If you don't, that's your free thought I respect that.

Old 02-28-2005, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
don't be silly doc. The existence of Jews doesn't prove the existence of God at all. As a matter of fact, the existence of Jews doesn't prove a thing.
Got to say doc, though I believe in God, littleFella is right here.

Just because there are Jews, that doesn't really prove the existence of God.

It does prove the existence of Jews though .

Old 02-28-2005, 04:05 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10
Whether JS says it, you say it, what does it matter?
Things aren't true just because John mentioned them. But they are nevertheless true. Comparing yourself to an underdog and feeling proud that your head is above him is not really such a reason for pride.

Old 02-28-2005, 04:06 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
What about all the facts that archeologist discorvered that they found by reading the Word. Things they may not have found otherwise. Locations of lost cities and also that the walls of Jerico really did fall outward as described by in the Bible. Thats more facts than anyone will have to prove there is a God over what they will try to find that there isnt.
So to you that is a proof that God exists?
Doc, what did you eat last night? Does it have to do anything with that plugged toilet of yours?

Old 02-28-2005, 04:11 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Doc you do realise that the bible is a collection of writings from different people over a long period of time? I could have written any book using real locations to get across a message about God, doesn't prove anything at all just because the locations are real locations. Does that mean the story of Little Red Ridinghood is real because wolves exist in real life?

Old 02-28-2005, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Comparing yourself to an underdog and feeling proud that your head is above him is not really such a reason for pride.
Interesting comment dude

I hope I didn't give the impression of comparing myself to an underdog and feeling proud etc etc. Sorry if I did as this was not intended.

Surely it would be better to ask people to explain so you can better understand what they mean instead pre-guessing and assuming your own conclusion.

Quote:
Things aren't true just because John mentioned them. But they are nevertheless true.
What is true?

The way I regard it a success to compare the UK to 3rd world countries, or countries ruled by tyrants or the way I regard it a success that I can make comments in my country without being killed?

If others don't view it as a success, that's up to them I and respect that opinion. I do view it as a success, that's up to me and I am sure others respect my opinion as well.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues