Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #221 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2005, 01:18 PM
docquesting's Avatar
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 07-14-04
Posts: 1,228
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Ya but then there are times I bet you just need to have it and cant do without it no matter what right?
__________________
Inexpensive Hosting with Quality!
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #222 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2005, 01:19 PM
littleFella's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 06-20-04
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,756
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by G10
Can you imagine coming out with these comments in countries like Iraq etc? You would be taken to a hideout and either tortured or killed.
I'll reapeat what John Scott wrote here once. At least the gist of it.
Do you really regard it a success to compare America favorably to 3rd world countries, or countries ruled by tyrants?
 
Reply With Quote
  #223 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Atom's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre
Yeah, funny, I have not touched any cannabis (I do not take any other drugs) since yesterday and it's ten o'clock in the evening now and somehow I don't feel like smoking. Does that match the profile of an addict?
That isn't long enough to be able to say one way or the other. But you don't have to try and convince me because I know very well the addiction potential of weed. It has no physical addiction potential to even mention and it has very minor psychological addiction potential. So the addiction factor of this drug is negligible as far as I am concerned, and let me just add, that I have more knowledge of recreational drug addiction than most medical doctors in this country that prescribe the damn things. And do not think for even one moment that I am exaggerating in the least bit, because you'll only be wasting your time, this I promise you all.

A lot of the problem with doctors is that they are not adequately educated on the addiction aspects of addictive drugs. Believe that, folks. I'm not saying their stupid about it, although you would swear that some actually are, but they do not recieve adequate training/education in that field. It's not as bad as it used to be but, it's not what it should be.

And then there are some that are in it for the money and purposely look the other way when it comes to understanding addicts and addiction. These are the doctors that are avidly sought by druggies. They will write scripts for a while untill they sense too much pressure, then they'll back off and then the druggie will have to go doctor shopping again. There are other types of situations as well, but my neck is getting very sore from typing. There are many facets to this game, and few people are totally intimate with the specifics of why this continues to go on in this country. I think that I will stop here.

Last edited by Atom; 02-27-2005 at 01:55 PM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #224 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Ferre's Avatar
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by docquesting
Ya but then there are times I bet you just need to have it and cant do without it no matter what right?
Nope, I have only experienced this with water, food and when I was 18 years old I once thought I had that with a girl.

 
Reply With Quote
  #225 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2005, 07:47 PM
docquesting's Avatar
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 07-14-04
Posts: 1,228
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Somebody just brought up something in the other thread that should have been discussed here. If Jesus was a Jew and Jesus is God Himself and folks say there Is not any God how do you explain the fact that there are Jews. There is no explaining away the fact that there are Jews. Maybe thats why some folks hate them so much.
__________________
Inexpensive Hosting with Quality!
 
Reply With Quote
  #226 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2005, 07:55 PM
littleFella's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 06-20-04
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,756
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by docquesting
If Jesus was a Jew and Jesus is God Himself and folks say there Is not any God how do you explain the fact that there are Jews. There is no explaining away the fact that there are Jews.
don't be silly doc. The existence of Jews doesn't prove the existence of God at all. As a matter of fact, the existence of Jews doesn't prove a thing.
 
Reply With Quote
  #227 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2005, 08:24 PM
docquesting's Avatar
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 07-14-04
Posts: 1,228
iTrader: 0 / 0%
What about all the facts that archeologist discorvered that they found by reading the Word. Things they may not have found otherwise. Locations of lost cities and also that the walls of Jerico really did fall outward as described by in the Bible. Thats more facts than anyone will have to prove there is a God over what they will try to find that there isnt.
__________________
Inexpensive Hosting with Quality!
 
Reply With Quote
  #228 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2005, 12:46 AM
G10's Avatar
G10 G10 is offline
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 05-10-04
Location: UK - Cheshire
Posts: 11,762
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella
I'll reapeat what John Scott wrote here once. At least the gist of it.
Do you really regard it a success to compare America favorably to 3rd world countries, or countries ruled by tyrants?
Whether JS says it, you say it, what does it matter?

Read what I say, understand in what context it was used and at least get the gist of it

Yes I do.

Quite a few countries are run by tyrants and I consider it a success that mine isn't.

I know that it should be the norm for everyone to have free speech etc but the truth of the matter is that it isn't.

I consider it a success that we have progressed enough to get away from this way of dealing with our internal matters.

If you don't, that's your free thought I respect that.
__________________
Click Here for Chester Carpet Cleaners
Sequential Labeling - Sticker and Decal Printers
 
Reply With Quote
  #229 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2005, 02:24 AM
G10's Avatar
G10 G10 is offline
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 05-10-04
Location: UK - Cheshire
Posts: 11,762
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella
don't be silly doc. The existence of Jews doesn't prove the existence of God at all. As a matter of fact, the existence of Jews doesn't prove a thing.
Got to say doc, though I believe in God, littleFella is right here.

Just because there are Jews, that doesn't really prove the existence of God.

It does prove the existence of Jews though .
__________________
Click Here for Chester Carpet Cleaners
Sequential Labeling - Sticker and Decal Printers
 
Reply With Quote
  #230 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2005, 04:05 AM
littleFella's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 06-20-04
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,756
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by G10
Whether JS says it, you say it, what does it matter?
Things aren't true just because John mentioned them. But they are nevertheless true. Comparing yourself to an underdog and feeling proud that your head is above him is not really such a reason for pride.
 
Reply With Quote
  #231 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2005, 04:06 AM
littleFella's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 06-20-04
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,756
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by docquesting
What about all the facts that archeologist discorvered that they found by reading the Word. Things they may not have found otherwise. Locations of lost cities and also that the walls of Jerico really did fall outward as described by in the Bible. Thats more facts than anyone will have to prove there is a God over what they will try to find that there isnt.
So to you that is a proof that God exists?
Doc, what did you eat last night? Does it have to do anything with that plugged toilet of yours?
 
Reply With Quote
  #232 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2005, 04:11 AM
SVB's Avatar
SVB SVB is offline
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 3,112
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Doc you do realise that the bible is a collection of writings from different people over a long period of time? I could have written any book using real locations to get across a message about God, doesn't prove anything at all just because the locations are real locations. Does that mean the story of Little Red Ridinghood is real because wolves exist in real life?
 
Reply With Quote
  #233 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2005, 05:08 AM
G10's Avatar
G10 G10 is offline
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 05-10-04
Location: UK - Cheshire
Posts: 11,762
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella
Comparing yourself to an underdog and feeling proud that your head is above him is not really such a reason for pride.
Interesting comment dude

I hope I didn't give the impression of comparing myself to an underdog and feeling proud etc etc. Sorry if I did as this was not intended.

Surely it would be better to ask people to explain so you can better understand what they mean instead pre-guessing and assuming your own conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella
Things aren't true just because John mentioned them. But they are nevertheless true.
What is true?

The way I regard it a success to compare the UK to 3rd world countries, or countries ruled by tyrants or the way I regard it a success that I can make comments in my country without being killed?

If others don't view it as a success, that's up to them I and respect that opinion. I do view it as a success, that's up to me and I am sure others respect my opinion as well.
__________________
Click Here for Chester Carpet Cleaners
Sequential Labeling - Sticker and Decal Printers
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you have an MP3, yes even for people over the age of 30! Sheen91 Forum Lobby 31 11-13-2007 02:03 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:51 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.