Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 04-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Contributing Member

Food, Inc.

Quote:
In Food, Inc., filmmaker Robert Kenner lifts the veil on our nation's food industry, exposing the highly mechanized underbelly that's been hidden from the American consumer with the consent of our government's regulatory agencies, USDA and FDA. Our nation's food supply is now controlled by a handful of corporations that often put profit ahead of consumer health, the livelihood of the American farmer, the safety of workers and our own environment. We have bigger-breasted chickens, the perfect pork chop, insecticide-resistant soybean seeds, even tomatoes that won't go bad, but we also have new strains of E. coli — the harmful bacteria that causes illness for an estimated 73,000 Americans annually. We are riddled with widespread obesity, particularly among children, and an epidemic level of diabetes among adults.

Featuring interviews with such experts as Eric Schlosser ("Fast Food Nation"), Michael Pollan ("The Omnivore's Dilemma") along with forward thinking social entrepreneurs like Stonyfield Farms' Gary Hirschberg and Polyface Farms' Joel Salatin, Food, Inc. reveals surprising — and often shocking truths — about what we eat, how it's produced, who we have become as a nation and where we are going from here.

Food, Inc. will be accompanied by Notes on Milk, a short variation of the 2007feature documentary Milk in the Land: Ballad of an American Drink. Ariana Gerstein and Monteith McCollum, whose Hybrid aired on POV in 2002, take a quirky and poetic look at some lesser-known aspects of America’s favorite drink: the industry’s spiritual underpinnings, politics and the struggle of independent farmers.
http://www.pbs.org/pov/foodinc/ and http://www.foodincmovie.com/

You really should watch this.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Contributing Member

Here is the full film
http://video.pbs.org/video/1472879887/

On this link you can watch the interview with Filmmaker Robert Kenner and Michael Pollan explain their new film, "Food, Inc." to John Dickerson

[YT]wXmF_erEv1o[/YT]

Old 04-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting stuff, this sort of thing has always interested me.

I am sure you are aware of the project that took place a few years back and they put it on a dvd called "Food Matters". It is more against the drug industry and how to sort things naturally.

I think you can watch it online also.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Contributing Member

Yes it is very interesting, and I wasn't very hungy after seeing this movie.

I guess the most dangerous part is not giving the choice to people when you know that 70% of food products in chain stores are genetically modified.

I am sure you remember the bovine spongiform encephalopathy. When men play God and want to feed herbivores with meat food, something is very wrong. Same thing mentionned in this film by feeding cattles by corn because it is cheap that pass E. coli, then the food chain clean the processed meat with chemical ammonia.

C'mon we can eat better than that! That's not the food I want to eat or to give to my kid.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Going to go and watch it all.

Here's one link for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4DOQ6Xhqss

Old 04-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
Going to go and watch it all.

Here's one link for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4DOQ6Xhqss
That remind me some conspiracy theories about depopulation...

Thanks for the link G10

Old 04-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

I am a qualified personal trainer also and the amount of people that have watched that and improved their lives is amazing.

My uncle has type II diabetes and took metformin, six month's later, he now takes nothing, just changed his eating and gets a few walks in a week.

No conspiracy theories there, trust me, just nutrition info.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member

Changing the food, you can say it again. Do you know to who you are talking too ? lol

Food in France is pretty clean of genetically modified products, a lot of activists fight again this insane mecanism.

A tomato taste a tomato, vegetables can be bought in open market in every city.

It is always better to eat healthy than buying medication and screw up your health.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks Elements for sharing this info...i watched the documentary and let me thinking...that all this time I have being consuming food that i really did not where it came from...thinking that I was eating healthy to avoid medication. It seems like we need to be sick to enter into a cycle of drugs, one that fix the first condition on hand, then eventually one that fixes its side effects...and then one to fix the third round of side effects and on and on...but in reality the cycle began with what makes us sick: food...it actually sound pretty convenient for drugs manufactures... who wants healthy population?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues