Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mexico President unhappy with Arizona immigration law

Quote:
Calderon renews attack on Arizona immigration law

Mexican President Felipe Calderon has used the start of a state visit to the US to renew his attack on Arizona's controversial new immigration law.

Source http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8692800.stm

Who gives a rat's potooty what this guy thinks? I can assure you I surely don't. If he would keep his illegals at home they would not get harassed.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-19-2010, 02:40 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Mexico President unhappy with Arizona immigration law
Ok,,, and?

He is just worried that more states will start passing laws like the one Arizona passed.

I was so impressed with the law, that I sent my state representative an email and asked when Texas is going to pass an immigration law like what Arizona did.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:02 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Calderon has no room to complain, not when his own government has active-duty armed military patrolling Mexico's southern border.

I would like to see the U.S. government post armed active-duty military all along our Southern border, from ocean to Gulf and just close the entire thing off to any illegal activity. Forget about apprehending. Give orders to shoot to kill. Get serious and let them know we are serious, dead serious.

That's the only way I see of ever getting a grip on this problem.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/05/18/20100518arizona-has-more-migrants-crossing-from-mexico.html?source=nletter-news

Then once we have control of the border, then we can begin rounding them up and kicking them out.

It would also be a good idea to get rid of the bleeding heart liberals like Interim Maricopa County Attorney Rick Romley, who prefers to charge illegal immigrants with a class 1 misdemeanor and send them back to Mexico (only to see them return) instead of a felony:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/05/19/20100519arizona-immigration-plan-from-rick-romley.html?source=nletter-news

If we're going to do something about illegal immigration, then we should do something about it and stop pussy-footing around. Make it a felony, as it is in Mexico, and start locking them up.

Throwing them back to Mexico only means we'll see them again in a week or two, and the problem only continues to get worse. Bring back the chain gangs and put their butts to work cutting the weeds along our highways. I guarantee they won't come back once we deport them.

We need a leader in the White House yet we are stuck with a clown. Where's a Ronald Reagan when we need one?

Need an extra $300-$500 each weekend - in cash? Get Paid In Cash!

Learn How To Buy Almost Anything Wholesale and Save 70-90% Off Retail. Wal Mart does NOT sell for less! The Top 250

Last edited by Allen Farlow; 05-19-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
If we're going to do something about illegal immigration, then we should do something about it and stop pussy-footing around. Make it a felony, as it is in Mexico, and start locking them up.
NO! I have been to Mexico a few times. Our jails are a 4 star resort compared to what they have at home

Bar code them and ship them home.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:41 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Farlow View Post
Calderon has no room to complain, not when his own government has active-duty armed military patrolling Mexico's southern border.

I would like to see the U.S. government post armed active-duty military all along our Southern border, from ocean to Gulf and just close the entire thing off to any illegal activity. Forget about apprehending. Give orders to shoot to kill. Get serious and let them know we are serious, dead serious.

That's the only way I see of ever getting a grip on this problem.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/05/18/20100518arizona-has-more-migrants-crossing-from-mexico.html?source=nletter-news

Then once we have control of the border, then we can begin rounding them up and kicking them out.

It would also be a good idea to get rid of the bleeding heart liberals like Interim Maricopa County Attorney Rick Romley, who prefers to charge illegal immigrants with a class 1 misdemeanor and send them back to Mexico (only to see them return) instead of a felony:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/05/19/20100519arizona-immigration-plan-from-rick-romley.html?source=nletter-news

Throwing them back to Mexico only means we'll see them again in a week or two, and the problem only continues to get worse. Bring back the chain gangs and put their butts to work cutting the weeds along our highways. I guarantee they won't come back once we deport them.

We need a leader in the White House yet we are stuck with a clown. Where's a Ronald Reagan when we need one?
If I wasn't "straight and married", I'd be in love. Especially when you mentioned "the Gipper".

Old 05-19-2010, 05:07 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Oh, that's okay. You can love me all you want.

Many men have been in love with me.

I just refused to love them back.

Learn How To Buy Almost Anything Wholesale and Save 70-90% Off Retail. Wal Mart does NOT sell for less! The Top 250

Old 05-19-2010, 05:17 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

And this guy is a TEACHER? Makes me wonder exactly what he is teaching American kids...
[YT]
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGqPo5ofk0s&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGqPo5ofk0s&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[/YT]
Funny...capitalism and imperialism has sure been good to all the illegals immigrants who have come across the Southern border of the United States all these many years...but I guess he didn't stop and think about that.

Last edited by Allen Farlow; 05-19-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Bar code them and ship them home.
Just to be absolutely sure, you might want to also brand them and cut off a hand or a foot or something.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:45 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

The Arizona Immigration “law” that the Governor put into action is really no different than the old “Federal Laws” that are already in our legislation on on the books for umteen years ~ (regarding illegal immigration)

~ The only difference is that our Federal Government has turned a blind eye to doing something about this (for whatever reason, we’d all like to know and understand) and the Arizona Governor had to do something to protect her State from the continual/daily INVASION of Illegal immigrants. (thousands daily).

When being in another country, even the U.S.A. you are to carry papers on your person at ALL times ~ and if asked to show them, so be it. If found that you are in this country illegally, then you should be expected to be questioned ~ and sent home and deported expeditiously.

I have had to do the same, when traveling abroad to Russia and experienced being detained by the FSB ~ regarding a “Visa issue” and was actually arrested, fingerprinted, photographed, then fined and let go…(I had a proper visa to be there by the way)had to get a lawyer and it was overturned it was their error. All other countries do it.

Our Country is imploding because of such nonsense and now crying it’s a human rights violation and our President now apologizing to another country regarding such? China did this to their OWN citizens… the ILLEGAL aliens here, are NOT our citizens…

This is not only offensive and a slap to the integrity of all U.S. Legal Citizens,it’s vetrans who fought for our FREEDOM it’s an embarrassment. The illegal immigrants should never have been allowed to get a foothold here in the first place. They are NOT Untied States Citizens. THEY legally, HAVE NO RIGHTS.

I find it also interesting that Pelosi is now asking the Bishops ie: “church” to become involved regarding the “illegals” as it’s advantageous to her and Politicians seeking votes…and when the tables are turned, they bi*ch about it being all about separation of “church and state”…

If our Federal Laws were being implemented by our Federal Government, in the first place ~ then, our State Governor(s) would not have to re-implement what is already supposed to be in effect so her State is protected from being INVADED upon by illegal aliens who by the way ~ are heavily involved with the Drug trade ~ Drug Cartels/Lords and such…

Others who wish to come to work ~ do it through proper entry and through proper channels. Those who enter improper are invaders, aliens… illegal. What is the true Agenda here? Who’s behind this? (perhaps other countries? wanting to take down America?)…

Our Borders are wide open and we’re paying very dearly as a nation because of this and the consequences have been and are very severe to the Legal Citizens due to this fact. Wake Up AMERICA.
Close the Borders! Homeland Security, do Something!

United States Citizens who some happen to be Arizona Ranchers are being murdered by Mexican assassins who move their drugs onto the ranchers property to disperse throughout our country and will stop at NOTHING to do so. The same is happening in Texas and other States. It is out of control. Not only are innocent lives being taken by the Cartels, our children are targets…it is happening not subtly, right under our noses.

It is the beginning of the end for our Country as we know it and when the next election takes place we all better be diligent, educated & prepared to put into office, men and women like the Arizona Governor who gives a damn about our Country and what it’s citizens are wanting, before it’s too late. Politics aside. We need REAL men and Women who value this country.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:52 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

This whole mess is just more proof that too much unity is a bad thing. Arizona laws are none of Mexico's concern. Frankly, they're none of Obama's concern. The federal government has demonstrated it's incompetence for handling the problem for decades. A sovereign state is handling it's own problems. That's as it should be. I personally don't think the law goes far enough, but I'm not an Arizonian, so it's not much of my business either.

It is so far past time for states to reclaim what belongs to them. The federal government is freak show. It's a joke.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

From what I've read, this Arizona law is no different than the federal law.
The reason it was enacted was not to "get tougher" on immigration but so that Arizona could handle it's own immigration.
Much ado about nothing, really.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:15 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
From what I've read, this Arizona law is no different than the federal law.
The reason it was enacted was not to "get tougher" on immigration but so that Arizona could handle it's own immigration.
Much ado about nothing, really.
Dead on. The reason for the screaming is this; It's not that the law exists, the law has always existed at the federal level. The problem is now they know they law will be enforced. Illegals have been told that they will now have to follow the law and they're furious.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

They can't say they didn't have plenty of warning.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:19 AM

I urge you to stand up and speak out against Arizona’s new immigration law

When racism rears its ugly head like this, the most dangerous thing we can do is stay quiet.
I urge you to stand up and speak out against Arizona’s new immigration law. It is dangerous, vindictive, and wrong.
The act is scheduled to go into effect on July 28. Referendum requires filing 76,682 voter signatures You can influence the law, Vote online on http://immigration.civiltalks.com/

Old 05-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by evelynlexo View Post
When racism rears its ugly head like this, the most dangerous thing we can do is stay quiet.
I urge you to stand up and speak out against Arizona’s new immigration law. It is dangerous, vindictive, and wrong.
The act is scheduled to go into effect on July 28. Referendum requires filing 76,682 voter signatures You can influence the law, Vote online on http://immigration.civiltalks.com/
Why would we want to do that?
(The "Why" is actually what these threads are for)

Old 05-20-2010, 09:33 AM
v7n Mentor

There is a lot of emotion surrounding this, on both sides of the issue. I still have not had an opportunity to read the entire text of the Arizona law, but relying upon analyses from several sources, I'm not particularly concerned. The major point that had given me pause was whether or not people could be stopped and required to show their "papers" without probable cause for such a stop. If it is to be a requirement for those that were selected for another valid reason, then I don't see it as any different than a routine "wants & warrants" check that is run on any of us that run afoul of the law. IMO, it should have been that way from the beginning. If it had been, the problem would probably not have grown like it has.

Arizona, as has been said, is simply taking control of a situation that the federal government has failed to address adequately. How many of us condemned Nagin for his actions to protect the people of New Orleans, when both the federal government and Louisiana's governor failed to respond?

Calderon has his own house-cleaning to do down here. He has little room (and ZERO right) to criticize other nations for enforcing their laws... most especially when their laws are considerably less draconian than those of Mexico. But both he and Obama are faced with a situation that the governor of Arizona needn't worry about. A large chunk of Obama's voter support comes from the Latino community. All of Calderon's does, obviously. However, Gov. Brewer's popularity has only increased because of her willingness to "beard the lion". She had everything to gain, and virtually nothing to lose, by pushing for this law.

Much of the population of Arizona is Latino... but most of those latinos are there legally. And many of them are in Arizona because THEY resented the massive influx of illegal aliens... especially in California... that often caused problems for THEM, by virtue of association. They emigrated in order to seek better opportunities than those in Mexico, and they don't want to see it ruined for them, any more than we would, in their position. Brewer runs very little risk of losing voter support for her actions. On the contrary, her popularity is running higher than before.

One thing that I would caution against: don't be too quick to lump all Latinos together, and paint them with a "drug dealer" or "murderer/kidnapper" brush. The vast majority of those that come here, by whatever means, come in hopes of finding work, and providing a better future for their families. If they came illegally, then yes, technically, they are criminals. But that's a far cry from being a murderer or a drug dealer. One other point I'd make is that only a small percentage of the illegal aliens are working in agriculture, for cash, under the table. The vast majority are working in factories or companies, with false, borrowed or black market papers, and they DO pay taxes. Every week, their taxes are withheld, just like ours. Their wages may be low, making their tax contribution correspondingly low, but that doesn't make them a drain.

I have over twenty two years living in Mexico, and nearly fifty years living in border areas, among Mexicans and Mexican-Americans. I can tell you that the majority of them would be ashamed to accept welfare of any sort, as long as they could find a way to support their family without it. Culturally, it is not an acceptable lifestyle to leech off the government. Providing beans and tortillas alone, by the sweat of their brow, is greatly preferable to living high on the hog, receiving welfare, for most of them.

Judging ALL by the actions of SOME, is a prime example of prejudice in the extreme, even though it may be human nature.

As an adjunct... is anybody wondering if Brewer's State Troopers will require proof of immigration status from any visitors to the state that appear to be of possible Kenyan origin?

Old 05-20-2010, 09:39 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Funny. I did vote at your link and it's over 70% approval of the law. You can stop with the racism jargon now. Nobody buys it anymore.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:55 AM
v7n Mentor

The problem is, that voting is allowing people from outside Arizona, and even outside the US, to vote. I suspect the approval level within Arizona is considerably higher - quite probably in the majority.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:55 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:

Exactly how does this have anything to do with racism, Evelyn? I wait for you to support your point here.

Still waiting...

Let me put it this way:

Those of you who are against the enforcement of U.S. immigration law...

Those of you who shout that the AZ law is racist...

Those of you who feel all illegal immigrants should be granted amnesty (and I don't care if they come from Mexico or Latvia, illegal is illegal) ...

Those of you who cry for open borders...

Those of you who protest against the militarization of the U.S. Southern border...

All of you must be for...

The continuation of human slavery...as illegal immigrants are beaten and held for ransom.

The continuation of the illegal drug trade...as illegal immigrants get paid to be mules.

The continuation of human suffering...as illegal immigrants suffer tremendously at the hands of coyotes.

The continuation of the violation and ignorance of U.S. laws.

The continuation of the violation of human rights.

The continuation of immigrants being taken advantage of as cheap labor, many who get cheated out of their pay.

The continuation of the increase of such gangs as MS 13, known for their extreme brutality.

The continuation of terrorist groups crossing into the United States through our Southern border unfettered.

Shall I go on or have you painted yourself black enough with the paint brush already?

People who cry racism make me sick. This has NOTHING to do with racism.

If Canadians were flooding into the United States and laws such as this were enacted, who would cry racism then? Hmmm?

After all, Canadians have the same skin color as Americans!

Just because you're brown does NOT mean you have the right to come here and tell us how it's going to be. We have a right to protect our country and we will.

Shouting claims of racism is the dumbest song you could sing. So sing a different tune already, will ya?

And you might consider educating yourself about illegal immigration instead of repeating the same old claptrap BS you hear from Al Sharpton.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:01 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen
Let me put it this way:

Those of you who are against the enforcement of U.S. immigration law...

Those of you who shout that the AZ law is racist...

Those of you who feel all illegal immigrants should be granted amnesty (and I don't care if they come from Mexico or Latvia, illegal is illegal) ...

Those of you who cry for open borders...

Those of you who protest against the militarization of the U.S. Southern border...

All of you must be for...
LOL. Actually I dont have an issue at all with AZ enforcing their border if the Feds are just too damned busy (which always seems to be the case), nor do I think it's inherently "racist" to enforce an international border. If the president of Mexico doesnt like it he can skip voting for the governor of Arizona should he ever become a citizen, but he has no say in the matter. If he was doing a bangup job in his own place we'd be sneaking across HIS border instead of his people taking moonlight swims to come across ours.

On the other hand I'd be remiss if I didnt point out Allen's using a big ole strawman argument up there to support his point... which is a common but lame tactic. It helps if you speak for yourself and let the other side say what THEY believe.

Anyone that disagrees with me on that point very obviously hates babies, beats their wife, and has deplorable personal hygeine. As such, how can they possibly be right, I mean seriously... they hate babies for God's sake. :p

Last edited by robjones; 05-20-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues