Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 05:32 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
From Countdown with Keith Olbermann on MSNBC. ...
I watched that windbag and wondered if anybody could listen to him and not be disgusted by his intellectual dishonesty. I think I've found an answer.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #22 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 06:03 AM
deepsand's Avatar
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 01-14-10
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 14,946
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Assumes facts not in evidence.

EOS.
__________________
__________________
While each is entitled to his own opinion, no one is entitled to his own "facts."
 
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 06:07 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
Assumes facts not in evidence.

EOS.
__________________
LOL! You're too funny, sand.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 06:22 AM
deepsand's Avatar
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 01-14-10
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 14,946
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Gabby Giffords, a tragic prophet

Gabby Giffords, a tragic prophet

__________________
__________________
While each is entitled to his own opinion, no one is entitled to his own "facts."
 
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 06:42 AM
deepsand's Avatar
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 01-14-10
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 14,946
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barr View Post
Fact - You don't know who made those posts nor their motivations for doing so.
Fact - TP Nation founder Judson Phillips emails followers to spread blame "shooter was a liberal lunatic.

__________________
__________________
While each is entitled to his own opinion, no one is entitled to his own "facts."
 
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 06:54 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
You seem confused. Unless Judson alleged that, to quote you, "this is part of a purge of Blue Dogs by the DNC itself," then you Judson quote is irrelevant. Didn't you take a logic class? You should have learned something about substitution fallacies.

Personally, I think people who try to use the killing of innocent people (referring to the 9 year old) as a political argument are despicable. What do you say, sand? Are they disgusting? Repulsive? Or just sick? People who rush to their keyboards and try to pin this on Palin; are they worthy of an audience?
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 07:04 AM
deepsand's Avatar
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 01-14-10
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 14,946
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Your confusion is not mine.

EOS.

__________________
__________________
While each is entitled to his own opinion, no one is entitled to his own "facts."
 
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 07:11 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
Your confusion is not mine.

EOS.

__________________
Read again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
You seem confused. Unless Judson alleged that, to quote you, "this is part of a purge of Blue Dogs by the DNC itself," then you Judson quote is irrelevant. Didn't you take a logic class? You should have learned something about substitution fallacies.

Personally, I think people who try to use the killing of innocent people (referring to the 9 year old) as a political argument are despicable. What do you say, sand? Are they disgusting? Repulsive? Or just sick? People who rush to their keyboards and try to pin this on Palin; are they worthy of an audience?
Where's the confusion? Go on, point it out. Do you think I'm confused about your dishonestly implying that Judson characterized the shooting as a "part of a purge of Blue Dogs by the DNC itself"?

Do you think I'm confusion by my disgust at people who want to use the death of an innocent child to win political points?

Where is the alleged confusion?
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 07:24 AM
robjones's Avatar
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 09-15-09
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,680
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Basically the shooter was a disturbed kid, and based on the quotes of his MySpace drivel he didnt have a definable political bent other than bucking against the establishment. I mean, when your favorite books are Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto you dont fit neatly into any specific political party. The fact that the lady he shot was a Democrat doesnt even tell us much, cause a lot of her causes are easily identified with the GOP.The kid that killed people was a nut that had been kicked out of community college and told not to come back until he got a psych eval. He wasnt a tea party member, he wasnt a DNC hit man... he was just a nut.

The guys that are grabbing a microphone on news channels to politicize this stuff and attack glen beck or the tea party or blame some specific group are just ******* opportunists, and pretty sad. Trying to pin it on political rhetoric being out of control and then pointing fingers is silly.

The kids rantings frankly arent a ton different than a lotta forum trolls I see wandering DP's P&R section... they gather an ad-hoc collection of snippets of half-knowledge, lies, and suppositions and concoct their own pretentious but totally farcical rants. They take positions that conflict with other positions they take, they consider anyone who disagrees with them "the enemy"... in short they're pretentious know-nothings.

The ones that will use this to beat their favorite gun control drum will be off base as well. Heck, one of the guys that heard the ruckus and ran out of the store and *toward* the gunfire and helped wrestle the guy to the ground was interviewed, and it turned out he had a concealed gun on him as well.

No, the guy that helped wrestle the shooter down even though he carried a gun wasnt a cop, wasnt ex-military, he was just raised around guns and carried one for personal protection. He didnt even pull the firearm, because when he arrived the guy was out of ammo in his mag and the slide was locked back. He didnt pull his weapon and fire at anyone, he just helped as needed. Guns dont magically cause sane people to kill, insane people cause guns to kill.

There were a lot of people that did good things as this took place
There were people that shielded others. There were people that helped others get away. There was a guy that ran toward the gunfire even though he was safely inside the store out of the way.

I'm hoping the Congresswoman pulls through. I pray for the families of those that died or were wounded. As for the guys jumping in front of cameras to use this terrible incident to boost whatever their pet political cause is... I hope their butt grows together.
__________________
-- CAUTION: Not Politically Correct --

Last edited by robjones; 01-10-2011 at 07:29 AM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 AM
JakeMoore's Avatar
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 09-06-10
Location: USA
Posts: 1,529
iTrader: 0 / 0%
There was rhetoric on both sides.

Here's a couple of target maps the democrats put together http://www.verumserum.com/?p=13647

And here is the scrubbed DailyKos where only a couple of days before the shooting they claimed Giffords was too republican and she was "dead to me" http://minx.cc/?post=310411

As Rob says this kid is just seriously deranged. Stop the finger pointing and political opportunism and conspiracy theories. These are real people who lost their lives.
__________________
Could You Sell $29/Month Unlimited Talk, Text and Data Plans to Your Subscribers?
Fantastic Commissions + Bonus + Residual

Last edited by JakeMoore; 01-10-2011 at 08:15 AM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 08:25 AM
deepsand's Avatar
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 01-14-10
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 14,946
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Does anyone here take issue with the sentiments earlier expressed by Giffords herself, as noted at http://www.v7n.com/forums/controvers...ml#post1571376 ?

__________________
__________________
While each is entitled to his own opinion, no one is entitled to his own "facts."
 
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 01:01 PM
TechWizard's Avatar
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 07-26-07
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,156
iTrader: 2 / 100%
__________________
Get A PC Helper
Virus Malware Removal | Remote Computer Repair
And More...
www.pchelper123.com


 
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 04:58 PM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerslink View Post
Sheriff sounds like he's a bit inflamed himself. Sounds like he has a conspiracy theory or two, what with the "unknown sources of money coming into the country to inflame people" line of thinking.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2011, 05:29 PM
ScriptMan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 02-10-07
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 13,127
iTrader: 4 / 100%
After listening to pompous asses in another forum who wanted to blame Palin and Obama I had to reply with, "It wasn't Obam, Palin or guns who were at fault, it is was one sick dude who did the deed.

I stand by those words here.
__________________
I do not put ads or pop-ups in my posts and I have no control of what shows there. I do not endorse any product displayed in my post.
Scriptman's Playhouse || Ramblings from an old man
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Corporations Own the US Congress Franc Tireur Controversial Social Issues 7 09-23-2010 10:22 AM
Osama Bin Laden Shot Dead In India MoNSt3r Forum Lobby 17 06-03-2008 06:15 PM
Woman sat dead in front of TV for 42 years StarLab Forum Lobby 21 05-23-2008 04:33 PM
G's ranking shot up after I culled dead webpages. WagerX Google Forum 2 07-26-2007 04:49 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.