Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-10-2011, 05:32 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
From Countdown with Keith Olbermann on MSNBC. ...
I watched that windbag and wondered if anybody could listen to him and not be disgusted by his intellectual dishonesty. I think I've found an answer.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 06:03 AM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Assumes facts not in evidence.

EOS.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Assumes facts not in evidence.

EOS.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Gabby Giffords, a tragic prophet

Gabby Giffords, a tragic prophet

Old 01-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barr View Post
Fact - You don't know who made those posts nor their motivations for doing so.
Fact - TP Nation founder Judson Phillips emails followers to spread blame "shooter was a liberal lunatic.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:54 AM
Individualist

You seem confused. Unless Judson alleged that, to quote you, "this is part of a purge of Blue Dogs by the DNC itself," then you Judson quote is irrelevant. Didn't you take a logic class? You should have learned something about substitution fallacies.

Personally, I think people who try to use the killing of innocent people (referring to the 9 year old) as a political argument are despicable. What do you say, sand? Are they disgusting? Repulsive? Or just sick? People who rush to their keyboards and try to pin this on Palin; are they worthy of an audience?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:04 AM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Your confusion is not mine.

EOS.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Your confusion is not mine.

EOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
You seem confused. Unless Judson alleged that, to quote you, "this is part of a purge of Blue Dogs by the DNC itself," then you Judson quote is irrelevant. Didn't you take a logic class? You should have learned something about substitution fallacies.

Personally, I think people who try to use the killing of innocent people (referring to the 9 year old) as a political argument are despicable. What do you say, sand? Are they disgusting? Repulsive? Or just sick? People who rush to their keyboards and try to pin this on Palin; are they worthy of an audience?
Where's the confusion? Go on, point it out. Do you think I'm confused about your dishonestly implying that Judson characterized the shooting as a "part of a purge of Blue Dogs by the DNC itself"?

Do you think I'm confusion by my disgust at people who want to use the death of an innocent child to win political points?

Where is the alleged confusion?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:24 AM
v7n Mentor

Basically the shooter was a disturbed kid, and based on the quotes of his MySpace drivel he didnt have a definable political bent other than bucking against the establishment. I mean, when your favorite books are Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto you dont fit neatly into any specific political party. The fact that the lady he shot was a Democrat doesnt even tell us much, cause a lot of her causes are easily identified with the GOP.The kid that killed people was a nut that had been kicked out of community college and told not to come back until he got a psych eval. He wasnt a tea party member, he wasnt a DNC hit man... he was just a nut.

The guys that are grabbing a microphone on news channels to politicize this stuff and attack glen beck or the tea party or blame some specific group are just ******* opportunists, and pretty sad. Trying to pin it on political rhetoric being out of control and then pointing fingers is silly.

The kids rantings frankly arent a ton different than a lotta forum trolls I see wandering DP's P&R section... they gather an ad-hoc collection of snippets of half-knowledge, lies, and suppositions and concoct their own pretentious but totally farcical rants. They take positions that conflict with other positions they take, they consider anyone who disagrees with them "the enemy"... in short they're pretentious know-nothings.

The ones that will use this to beat their favorite gun control drum will be off base as well. Heck, one of the guys that heard the ruckus and ran out of the store and *toward* the gunfire and helped wrestle the guy to the ground was interviewed, and it turned out he had a concealed gun on him as well.

No, the guy that helped wrestle the shooter down even though he carried a gun wasnt a cop, wasnt ex-military, he was just raised around guns and carried one for personal protection. He didnt even pull the firearm, because when he arrived the guy was out of ammo in his mag and the slide was locked back. He didnt pull his weapon and fire at anyone, he just helped as needed. Guns dont magically cause sane people to kill, insane people cause guns to kill.

There were a lot of people that did good things as this took place
There were people that shielded others. There were people that helped others get away. There was a guy that ran toward the gunfire even though he was safely inside the store out of the way.

I'm hoping the Congresswoman pulls through. I pray for the families of those that died or were wounded. As for the guys jumping in front of cameras to use this terrible incident to boost whatever their pet political cause is... I hope their butt grows together.

Last edited by robjones; 01-10-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 AM
v7n Mentor

There was rhetoric on both sides.

Here's a couple of target maps the democrats put together http://www.verumserum.com/?p=13647

And here is the scrubbed DailyKos where only a couple of days before the shooting they claimed Giffords was too republican and she was "dead to me" http://minx.cc/?post=310411

As Rob says this kid is just seriously deranged. Stop the finger pointing and political opportunism and conspiracy theories. These are real people who lost their lives.

Last edited by JakeMoore; 01-10-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Does anyone here take issue with the sentiments earlier expressed by Giffords herself, as noted at http://www.v7n.com/forums/controvers...ml#post1571376 ?

Old 01-10-2011, 01:01 PM
v7n Mentor

www.pchelper123.com

Old 01-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerslink View Post
Sheriff sounds like he's a bit inflamed himself. Sounds like he has a conspiracy theory or two, what with the "unknown sources of money coming into the country to inflame people" line of thinking.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

After listening to pompous asses in another forum who wanted to blame Palin and Obama I had to reply with, "It wasn't Obam, Palin or guns who were at fault, it is was one sick dude who did the deed.

I stand by those words here.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues