Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Wikileaks Calls for Sarah Palin's Arrest

Hey, isn't she doing another year of her T.V. show? O wait, let me share this blog post with ya'll. I was at work all day and night so this is all "new" news to me right now.

Quote:
The official Twitter account for Wikileaks has posted a press release this evening drawing a comparison between the controversial rhetoric from public figures that some believe contributed to the attempted assassination on Saturday of Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and the even more explicit calls from public officials for violence against Wikileaks spokesperson Julien Assange and others. The organization called for public figures making such calls to violence to be arrested and charged with crimes.

Assange is attributed the following quote in the release: "No organisation anywhere in the world is a more devoted advocate of free speech than Wikileaks but when senior politicians and attention seeking media commentators call for specific individuals or groups of people to be killed they should be charged with incitement -- to murder. Those who call for an act of murder deserve as significant share of the guilt as those raising a gun to pull the trigger." The release pointed to specific high-profile calls for Assange's assasination by Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee and others and concluded with a link to the website...
There is more to read

Continued at: http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives...ins_arrest.php

Does anyone here really care?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

About as much as when a cockroach makes a fluffy in the alley.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I guess it's not a crime when committed against someone who is not popular.
Hypocrisy at work, yet again.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:30 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Oh geez Assange you crack me up.

Where were your denunciations when the Abort Palin bumper stickers came out? Or when people called for Palin's death directly? Where were you when the Kill Bush t-shirts came out? Where were you during the mob rage against the right in the past several years? Here's just a tiny smattering of examples http://michellemalkin.com/2011/01/10...mer-2000-2010/

Oh and where were you when the DailyKos last week said Giffords was dead to them because she betrayed the left? Or when the democrats created their maps targeting districts?

Assange, you're dedicated to free speech...your free speech and that of those who agree with you. Do you really think we don't remember just a few weeks ago when your little anarchists took down Palin's site because she said something you didn't like? Repeat after me....I...Julian Assange...am...an...opportunist.

Once again you show you are no journalist, but a man on a mission.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:33 AM
v7n Mentor

Saying you're "targeting" certain politicians or posting something like the ad below is not even close to calling for an assassination. It's a common analogy, and the ad below is meant to incite voting people out of office, not extrajudicial death sentences. Politically correct dweebs that claim this is an incitement to murder are no brighter than guys that attribute all criticism of Obama to racial prejudice.

BTW - If I'm wrong... somebody better check out the guy that posted: I launched a website and want to target kids 12 to 17

Attached Thumbnails
Wikileaks Calls for Sarah Palin's Arrest-palinreload-1.jpg  

Last edited by robjones; 01-11-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues