Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 02-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

It happens when amateurs are in the white house.

This is an opinion. My opinion. You are welcome to respond with yours, source citations not required.

Shades of 1979! When Peanut man was there we had the Iran hostage situation. While watching the news tonight about Egypt I though I have seen all this before. I did in 1979. And, I fear it will end the same way.

Growing peanuts or serving as a community organizer does not qualify one for the office. No one man can do it all. The results will be based on the contacts you have and the people you can put in place to help you.

I suspect we won't overcome this particular battle. Maybe we should send Barrack to habitat for humanity before he does any more damage. He can pound nails all day with Jimmy. Michelle can be in charge of the lunches for the group.

The nation can move back to sound management.

My opinion. What is yours?

Last edited by ScriptMan; 02-02-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: remove title line from body

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2011, 05:48 PM
v7n Mentor

I think he is ill equipped for what are in the best interests of America for sure. But did anyone really think there would not be a Muslim uprising that turned radical under his watch? Let's HOPE this is Berlin and not Iran...

Old 02-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Just pointing out that elections have consequences. Know what you are electing.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Know what you are electing.
That was very tough to do with the mainstream media running a 24/7 propaganda campaign, extolling his purported virtues while totally ignoring troubling aspects of his past.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

Why spending so much energy and money in other country businesses when it seems like extremely difficult to fix our own problems at home.

Let the other countries taking their own destinies without interfering with ours.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Natural, it might be related to oil. You have a car and drive?

Old 02-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Contributing Member

Related to oil? Who interests is this, West countries or petroleum corporations? Perhaps both?

The OPEP can price the crude as they want, because we let them.

Why not to use Natural gas instead of foreign oil? Here are the numbers: the EIA estimates that there are 2,587 trillion cubic feet Natural Gas in US.

Imagine how easy it is to convert the actual cars into natural gas...

Old 02-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
Related to oil? Who interests is this, West countries or petroleum corporations? Perhaps both?

The OPEP can price the crude as they want, because we let them.

Why not to use Natural gas instead of foreign oil? Here are the numbers: the EIA estimates that there are 2,587 trillion cubic feet Natural Gas in US.

Imagine how easy it is to convert the actual cars into natural gas...
It's simple. Oil is cheaper than natural gas. Oil is also cheaper to drill in other countries. Drilling period is cheaper in other countries than our own.

God forbid should the big boys lose a million dollars.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:28 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dWhite View Post
The business of business is to make money. The soul of business is lost.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
It's simple. Oil is cheaper than natural gas. Oil is also cheaper to drill in other countries. Drilling period is cheaper in other countries than our own.

We are getting there:

Pump alternative? How about natural gas?
Fleets use cheaper, cleaner fuel, but only Honda makes consumer model
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24792464...s-environment/

Old 02-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Contributing Member

Natural Gas: Fueling America's Future

Quote:
The enormous potential of the 21st century’s “Age of Natural Gas” is now fully in view. Vast new reserves of natural gas in shale reservoirs deep beneath our country have been discovered in the past five years. These shale reservoirs are now estimated to contain more than two quadrillion cubic feet of natural gas, more than doubling America’s previously estimated natural gas reserves, and giving us close to a 200-year supply of clean, affordable, American natural gas. These unconventional reservoirs are a remarkable addition to America’s bountiful natural resource endowment.

They are also essential to retaining our nation’s prosperity. Because of our reliance on dangerous and expensive foreign oil to power our cars and trucks and on dirty coal to produce 50% of our electricity, America’s position of global economic and environmental leadership for the next century is unfortunately in doubt. It need not be. Underneath many parts of the U.S. lies a buried treasure of natural gas that is quickly becoming the envy of the world — it’s clean, affordable, abundant, American, and brought to you by public independent natural gas producers such as Chesapeake.

Two quadrillion cubic feet of America’s natural gas represent more energy than Saudi Arabia’s 200 billion barrels of oil reserves — but America’s natural gas is much cleaner and 70% cheaper than Saudi oil. In 2009, the U.S. passed Russia as the biggest producer of natural gas in the world, but how many Americans realize this remarkable achievement? Our political leadership must begin to acknowledge and celebrate this tremendous accomplishment and to recognize the strategic and practical benefits of more aggressively using our enormous new reserves of natural gas.

NATURAL GAS IS THE BEST SUBSTITUTE FOR FOREIGN OIL
The U.S. imports approximately 60% of the oil that we consume — a dangerous addiction that costs our country $1 billion per day. This percentage will likely rise in the years ahead as oil prices inevitably increase to choke off demand in the industrialized countries to make room for burgeoning oil demand from rapidly developing countries in Asia, the Middle East and in South America. This is an addiction America cannot afford in good economic times and certainly not in the tough economic times the nation is facing today.

But if our political leadership would awaken and recognize that this addiction could be overcome by converting some of the current demand for foreign oil to new demand for domestic natural gas, America’s economic future would be much stronger and our environmental outlook would be brighter. Natural gas has only 50% of the carbon that gasoline has, but more importantly, natural gas vehicles emit little to no harmful pollutants such as carbon monoxide (CO), nitrogen oxide (NOx), and toxic volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that gasoline and diesel consumption currently produce.

The best way to begin breaking this foreign oil addiction is to endorse the NAT GAS Act (H.R. 1835 and S. 140 now pending in Congress. For details on these bills, please visit www.cngnow.com. These bills would gradually and efficiently introduce clean, American natural gas as the fuel of choice for heavy-, medium- and light-duty truck fleets in the U.S., replacing diesel refined from expensive foreign oil.

Once truck fleets have been converted to natural gas (in the form of liquefied natural gas, or “LNG”) and natural gas refueling pumps have been added to many of our nation’s truck stops, we can then begin converting passenger cars to natural gas (in the form of compressed natural gas, or “CNG”). This conversion process would save American consumers billions of dollars because natural gas is 70% cheaper than oil. Americans also would enjoy the added benefits of cleaner air and water and greater national security.

Speaking of national security, let’s not forget that the real price of oil is far more than the $85 per barrel that it costs today. When the American military’s cost of defending the world’s oil shipping lanes and fighting wars in the Middle East and nearby areas is considered, some experts say the true cost of oil to Americans may be over $200 per barrel. The current practice of spending $1 billion per day to import 11 million barrels of oil from foreign countries is simply not sustainable — it’s a dangerous, dirty and expensive habit that must be curtailed.

I drive a converted Chevy Tahoe that runs on natural gas from my home, and I can assure you it feels great to refuel my vehicle at $1.00 per gallon with a clean fuel that is made in America and creates American jobs. My goal is to make sure all Americans one day have the opportunity to enjoy that same great feeling.

We must demand that our leadership begins acting now to make the transition to clean, affordable, abundant, American natural gas before oil reaches $150 per barrel (bringing the price of gasoline to $4.50–5.00 per gallon) and we find ourselves right back in another recession, or perhaps even worse, a depression. These are serious issues, and our nation does not have one day to waste in beginning the transition to a transportation system based on natural gas rather than on expensive foreign oil.
http://www.chk.com/naturalgas/Pages/default.aspx

I agree with that: Natural Gas is the Best Substitute for Foreign Oil

Old 02-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
I agree with that: Natural Gas is the Best Substitute for Foreign Oil
Maybe so, but the massive oil corporations won't allow it.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Maybe so, but the massive oil corporations won't allow it.
Do you think they don't like competition?

I think it is an excellent way to restrain OPEP and Co to charge us obscenely for their oil.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues