Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
TUI Cluburlaub

People of Britain, We Are Being Mislead!

Excerpt:
"Just in case anyone didn't get that, let me lay it out simply:

1. Labour borrowed billions of pounds and used these to create jobs which could not possibly be sustained
2. Labour sustain these by borrowing even more money year on year
3. When Labour leave power, these jobs have to be cut, causing a huge backlash against the new government
4. This leaves Labour in a position to regain power through the people's misunderstanding of the situation"

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

That may be but please don't think that the coalition can actually do a better job..

1. The courts have just penalized them for the harshness of their cut-backs and stopped a few of their cut backs from going through, due to unfairness within society.

2. The government gave out billions of the taxpayers money to bail out the banks and as we know, the bank boss's in total got about 7 billion in bonuses.. Surely a lot of that belongs to the tax payer and should be put back into the system and only when the banks deficit is paid off, only then should they get bonuses.

Do you think, if it was put to the vote, that the taxpayer would have agreed to this?... Why do you think they have tried to brush it under the table and just given the bankers a little tap on the wrist.

People seem to be under the impression that countries are run by governments. Countries are run by the powers that are behind governments, be it Oil, Pharmaceuticals, Banks etc. Mult-billion pound corporations.

I don't blame Labour for their so-called mess, just as I don't blame the coalition for their letting banks get away with "daylight robbery" of the tax payer.

Granted, thats just my opinion.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:05 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
TUI Cluburlaub

"People seem to be under the impression that countries are run by governments. Countries are run by the powers that are behind governments, be it Oil, Pharmaceuticals, Banks etc. Mult-billion pound corporations."

Spending plans are made by governments. When Labour followed the spending plans left by John Major, we turned budget surpluses. When Labour went to their own plan following the 2000 budget, we turned back to deficit.

Statistics from HM Treasury to back this up, I've put in the colours to separate out the parties, and approximate trend lines.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Contributing Member

"People of Britain, We Are Being Mislead!"

----- Isn't the job of politicians to lie to people? Why are you surprised?

It's not like we elect them to pick up a shovel and do construction work for us. It's to give the people the illusion of control.

Here's a nice quote for ya to ponder:

"Democracy gives [the beatification of mediocrity] a certain appearance of objective and demonstrable truth. The mob man, functioning as citizen, gets a feeling that he is really important to the world -- that he is genuinely running things. Out of his maudlin herding after rogues and mountebanks there comes to him a sense of vast and mysterious power -- which is what makes archbishops, police sergeants, the grand goblins of the Ku Klux and other such magnificoes happy. And out of it there comes, too, a conviction that he is somehow wise, that his views are taken seriously by his betters -- which is what makes United States Senators, fortune tellers and Young Intellectuals happy. Finally, there comes out of it a glowing consciousness of a high duty triumphantly done which is what makes hangmen and husbands happy." - H.L. Mencken

Old 02-18-2011, 04:09 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
TUI Cluburlaub

Ahh Mencken, one of my biggest political influences, but also hardly an unbiased figure when it comes to democracy as he was somewhat anti-statist.

He still gave me the most important quote in my life:

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one’s time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.”

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues