Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 06-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by banless View Post
That amateur sophist you are talking about is putting alot of holes in your article of faith.
You have repeatedly ignored the fact that, as has been amply explained by others, agnosticism is not a "faith."

The fact that you continue to claim otherwise can only mean that either you lack the necessary comprehension, or that you deliberately choose to ignore that fact.

In either case, you have been tiresomely argumentative in a repeatedly egregious manner. For one who quotes Scripture, you certainly lack the civility that one would expect of a "good Christian."

It is zealots such as yourself who so offend many that they reject your faith out of hand. Rather than advancing your cause, you are actually bringing much harm to it.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2011, 02:46 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Testing... Testing...

Is this thing on?

Old 06-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
You have repeatedly ignored the fact that, as has been amply explained by others, agnosticism is not a "faith."

The fact that you continue to claim otherwise can only mean that either you lack the necessary comprehension, or that you deliberately choose to ignore that fact.

In either case, you have been tiresomely argumentative in a repeatedly egregious manner. For one who quotes Scripture, you certainly lack the civility that one would expect of a "good Christian."

It is zealots such as yourself who so offend many that they reject your faith out of hand. Rather than advancing your cause, you are actually bringing much harm to it.

I'll say it again "As it stands right now you have not officially stated your belief on this matter, other than saying you are agnostic, which in respect to this topic is really irrelevant. In other words, "who cares"? Nobody does, just like nobody cares that I am Christian.

In order to get to the hard core truth of whether or not God exist you have to put any form of man made as well as religious teachings aside and use rational and logical thinking.

Now again, do you have anything that you would like to share that would support that God does not exist? If so then please post that information, if not then please leave this subject alone.

Last edited by banless; 06-12-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I'll say it again "As it stands right now you have not officially stated your belief on this matter, other than saying you are agnostic, ...
Your inability to understand that word, or to accept its logical import, is not my concern.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

[YT]hhjOnYbKJJw[/YT]

Old 06-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Your inability to understand that word, or to accept its logical import, is not my concern.

Online Marketing Services | Seattle SEO Services

Old 06-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Greek agnōstos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gnōstos known, from gignōskein to know

Old 06-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Greek agnōstos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gnōstos known, from gignōskein to know

In all honesty I really wish you had not done that. I didn't want to have to bring it to this, but if this is the only way to get to the truth of this argument then it has be to done. I will make no apologizes since you have brought this upon yourself. Funny thing is I don't need to back this up by any reference since you have already excepted that definition as fact.

Now to the matter at hand.

agnōstos *unknown, unknowable* or more literally,"to not know." In other words, An agnostic is one who admits, "I don't know." Interesting, thinking....

So if an agnostic does not know if God does or does not exist how could any agnostic ever raise a valid argument that God does not exist? How can you argue against something that you don't know about?

Since you do not have the answer how in the world could anyone take what you are saying as fact? Doing so would only make one look foolish on their part, wouldn't it?

Therefore, according to your own definition you have disqualified yourself from this thread as well as any topic that raises the question whether or not if God does or does not exist, simply because you do not know anything about the topic, and therefore could never add anything as fact, simply because you would not know WHAT you are talking about.

I rest my case. Now, if you want to continue to add unknowable facts to the thread then what would that make you? ". .....". Unsorry about that.

And just for the record, in my opinion you have just embarrassed the entire agnostic community, simply because you have insisted on trying to provide unknowable facts to a topic in which you have no knowledge about.

That is fallacy of agnosticism, so please stop spreading it as fact of the nonexistence of God.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
That is fallacy of agnosticism, so please stop spreading it as fact of the nonexistence of God.
Please stop spouting sophistic clap trap, claiming it to be rational discourse

Old 06-13-2011, 08:03 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
All y'all need to spend some time relaxing in nature and just enjoying every moment life has to offer. With topics like this one, the responses are never ending. Sometimes ya just have to say what you feel (respectfully, of course) and move on.
Quote:
Testing... Testing...

Is this thing on?
It is time for y'all to agree to disagree.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Please stop spouting sophistic clap trap, claiming it to be rational discourse

But in all fairness, you are a feisty one, so I'll give you that.

And oh, watch out for incoming tomatoes.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
It is time for y'all to agree to disagree.
I've already allowed of that several times over in this thread.

Some, though, continue to insist on deliberately misrepresenting agnosticism.

Perhaps the time has come to lock this thread.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:33 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

It truly is time to put this thread away for a while...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread