Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 10-29-2011, 12:32 PM
v7n Mentor

I call it as I see it. "I hear you" is the wrong response to a guy that's posted what he's posted. You don't see it as providing aid and comfort to an enemy, I do.

As for your assessment of my post, consider it mutual. My brain can't wrap around the self-loathing nature so frequently displayed by the US left.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabble View Post
'I hear you' did not mean I agreed with every word he said, only that I was listening. It's a simple fact Ghaddafi, Usama and Saddam are/were heroes to some. We are going to accomplish peace how if we don't listen to all sides?
Bang on the money.

Nobody is saying that we should pander to all their whims, though education and knowledge is power here, not military, as this battle will go on for much too long in one way or another.

For someone to view an enemy of my country, a hero, I would like to get a full understanding why they think this, what led them to this conclusion, what they personally believe should be done (achievable or not).

At the end of the day, I will always protect my fellow countryman, though I will always be open to trying to understand what created the hate in my enemies heart.

We view our enemies as being in the wrong, just like they view us being in the wrong.. At this stage, who is right or wrong no longer matters.

Btw, as I am from the UK, I am talking from a UK (individual) standpoint, and we too have had terrorist attacks and loss of life.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:06 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
If push came to shove he would be in the same foxhole as us.
Thanks buddy.
I would hope to be smarter than to get us trapped in a foxhole though.
Let's hope Jake is trapped with us though. He's got all the good weapons.

Last edited by rabble; 10-29-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:56 PM
v7n Mentor

Incidentally, since one idiot chose to tell me I was bullying poor Zeeshan...
Lets make it clear I didnt call him a spammer without cause. Notwithstanding the hundreds of Zeeshan IDs that I'd have to sort thru to see exactly which were his... let's look at something current as of today.

Here's what passes for SEO expert in his neck of the woods:
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2314894

That's what we call an "idiot thread".
Either he lied about being an "SEO expert" or he lied when he asked the question. Either way, he's a liar. It's a keyword tactic of cheesy wannabe SEOs.

The ID asking it was live until I pointed out the following tweets where a guy bearing his name and his current ID identifies himself as "Zeeshan from digitalpoint" and begs to be unbanned. When they didnt reinstate the banned Zeeshan account he created the zesiranjha account:

So our SEO expert ignores rules more places than here... and as a result has been banned under TWO IDs at DP just this week.

We dont allow V7n sigs to be sold.
Those that do so are subject to removal, and yes, it was appropriate to keep him from dragging his clients rep down by associating them with his politics. I cut him slack this time so it wouldnt appear I'd banned him because of his politics. The admin and the rest of the mods can do as they wish, but yes, he is just a garden variety spammer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zeeshan seo expert.PNG
Views:	209
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	15284   Click image for larger version

Name:	zeeshan n zesiranjha.PNG
Views:	543
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	15285  

Last edited by robjones; 10-29-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:51 PM
No Longer Active

If y'all don't behave, no one is getting any candy Monday.

[YT]oArDFU_IESQ[/YT]

Old 10-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabble View Post
and you are thinking they will get that?

I'm skeptical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akky
Now tell me what those "revolutionaries" wanted?
What they were fighting for....may not be what they get, is skeptically quite possible.

"After 40 years of dictatorship" the popular uprising and its fate could have been better guided by Qaddafi himself had he so chosen to to place his country and its citizens before his own ambitions.

The "revolutionaries" were about to be suppressed / annihilated before the Administration chose to ignore the radical right wing Republicans and contrary to the fate exacted for Qaddafi there is now a Chance for the Reasons of the Uprising to take a positive hold and unite the Country in prosperity for all its Citizens than to have continued the Dictatorship.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post
The "revolutionaries" were about to be suppressed / annihilated before the Administration chose to ignore the radical right wing Republicans and contrary to the fate exacted for Qaddafi there is now a Chance for the Reasons of the Uprising to take a positive hold and unite the Country in prosperity for all its Citizens than to have continued the Dictatorship.
While that's certainly a possibility, in my opinion, it's a very remote one. I fully expect that Libya and its "revolutionaries" will soon come under the control of yet another Islamist dictatorship, much like Iran. While I'll be pleasantly surprised if that doesn't turn out to be the case, I don't hold out a lot of hope at this point. Only time will tell.

<added>
Well, that certainly didn't take long:
Quote:
Al-Qaida plants its flag — literally — in Libya

If there were questions about al-Qaida’s role in post-Gadhafi Libya, VICE reporter Sherif Elhelwa provides some answers in a new story with eyewitness descriptions.

Al-Qaida flags, Elhelwa reports, are popping up around Benghazi. At the city courthouse, which played a prominent role in the Libyan revolution, residents are flying the late terrorist’s Osama bin Laden’s colors.

Similarly, Elhelwa recounts a regular evening sight: “Islamists driving brand-new SUVs and waving the black al Qaeda flag drive the city’s streets at night.”

Armed guards walk the streets, he reports, inspiring fear. Friendly civilians hurriedly warn Elhelwa that he is being watched by the Islamists. “I recommend that you leave now,” he is told.

Confirming his suspicion that Islamist extremists may have a larger foothold in the recovering region, one partisan near the courthouse threatens Elhelwa, warning him that if he disparages the al-Qaida flag, “we will cut off [your] tongue. I recommend that you don’t publish these [images]. You will bring trouble to yourself.”

“The war to rid the country of the Gadhafi dictatorship might have ended,” Elhelwa says, “but the battle for control of post-revolutionary Libya has only just begun.”
Excerpt. Full story at: http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/28/al...#ixzz1cENOJ7Zt

</added>

Last edited by Bob Barr; 10-29-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned

Review of the policy is required at your Government's end. Look what your president is saying. Sooner or later you will be outta Afghanistan. This is a lesson you must learn from USSR. What happened in Vietnam will be an eye opening account the follies committed by your policy makers.

Western imperialism must stop creating those agents otherwise the results will be same, whatever time may be

Old 10-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
ROFL. Common error in your area... confusing "garden grade spammer" and "SEO expert". I'd figured out which frequent flyer on the ban-wagon you were by your 5th post, Zeeshan. Just gave you a little rope so you could prove me right. Thanks for your swift cooperation.

DC frequently operates on the basis that "the enemy of my enemy is a friend". Sometimes that results in assisting someone as bad as who they're fighting. Bin Laden bit the hand that fed him after we helped him achieve what was beneficial to both him and us. Therefor he was put down like a rabid dog. Error corrected. I doubt his presence was unknown to the government of PK, so they're on the list of those not to be trusted. They might want to learn from his fate. If an ally turns on you they become an enemy.

Anyway, it's always interesting to hear those that think Ghaddaffi, Saddam, and bin Laden are "heroes". More people need to know how many of you are out there. Maybe we should go into business manufacturing those cute little vests so guys with such misguided thoughts can meet their 72 virgins faster.

Delete what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
Incidentally, since one idiot chose to tell me I was bullying poor Zeeshan...
Lets make it clear I didnt call him a spammer without cause. Notwithstanding the hundreds of Zeeshan IDs that I'd have to sort thru to see exactly which were his... let's look at something current as of today.

Here's what passes for SEO expert in his neck of the woods:
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2314894

That's what we call an "idiot thread".
Either he lied about being an "SEO expert" or he lied when he asked the question. Either way, he's a liar. It's a keyword tactic of cheesy wannabe SEOs.

The ID asking it was live until I pointed out the following tweets where a guy bearing his name and his current ID identifies himself as "Zeeshan from digitalpoint" and begs to be unbanned. When they didnt reinstate the banned Zeeshan account he created the zesiranjha account:

So our SEO expert ignores rules more places than here... and as a result has been banned under TWO IDs at DP just this week.

We dont allow V7n sigs to be sold.
Those that do so are subject to removal, and yes, it was appropriate to keep him from dragging his clients rep down by associating them with his politics. I cut him slack this time so it wouldnt appear I'd banned him because of his politics. The admin and the rest of the mods can do as they wish, but yes, he is just a garden variety spammer.

:

Thanks, I did it.Why i did it.You American did not ot will accept your Mistakes.

I am not using these forums anymore.why because Now i know that who are running these forums.

Warriorforum is Best. For SEO. I am using Angela and Paul packets. I am justing trying to get backlinks on the forums like others.

So i skip it. My dear I told If i create a account there, I know how i handle it.

I am doing SEO and I am getting result...I am getting work...

You are such a fool...Please God open these people eyes. They can see the real face of the world...

Old 10-29-2011, 10:56 PM
No Longer Active

I have the patience of a saint, but you may have found my limit.

If there ever was a point to this thread, let's get back to it, please.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post
A freely elected government of their own choice - that "will" provide the same benefits ... and self control for their own future.
They will never get freely elected government, they will get those that chased out Gadaffi, after that they will be considered terrorists and than US and NATO will involve themselves again. This is the pattern that repeats for years in other countries. They would "try" to solve problems in Sudan and Somalia but there are no natural resources so they don't need to involve...

Old 10-30-2011, 07:35 AM
Contributing Member

IMHO, Gaddafi should not have been killed but should have been tried as per the law of land. Of course, every thing is over now and it is time to look for democracy to flourish...

Old 10-30-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyman View Post
IMHO, Gaddafi should not have been killed but should have been tried as per the law of land. Of course, every thing is over now and it is time to look for democracy to flourish...
While I do agree that Gaddafi should have been tried in a court of law rather than killed, everything's not over yet. You might want to temper your hope "for democracy to flourish" by reading my addition to post #47 above. (It's not looking too good at this point, IMHO.)

Old 10-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Contributing Member

Yes now they will feel USA Democracy/Slavery.

Last edited by nneennaadd; 10-30-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nneennaadd View Post
Yes now they will feel USA Democracy/Slavery.
Care to elaborate on that? As far as I know, there's no US presence in Libya to impose a "USA Democracy/Slavery" there.

Are you aware of any US presence there? If so, could you provide a link detailing that presence?

Old 10-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akky View Post
They will never get freely elected government, they will get those that chased out Gadaffi, after that they will be considered terrorists and than US and NATO will involve themselves again. This is the pattern that repeats for years in other countries. They would "try" to solve problems in Sudan and Somalia but there are no natural resources so they don't need to involve...
They will never get freely elected government ...

That is what Gaddafi thought as well -

Are you saying Gadaffi's dictatorship will prove to have been better that what now lays to the Libyan future ???

Gaddafi proved it is possible to have a stable Libya, something the Libyan people must have appreciated and with the stability the time came for them to rule their own lives - if the attempt fails their memory of the past will bring back another Qaddafi and in 40 years try it again.

Irregardless the present successes few expect the future to be trouble free.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:05 PM

It's good that the bastard is dead but what I'm really concerned (as stated by many others in this thread) is the unrest and insecurity of the populace. Sometimes I think to myself their whole plan-of-action was kill Ghadaffi, ask questions in regards to what we'll be doing after that later (read: eventually).

I just hope the people of Libya can collate together and form a government that is more stable than a dictatorship.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canterlot View Post
It's good that the bastard is dead but what I'm really concerned (as stated by many others in this thread) is the unrest and insecurity of the populace. Sometimes I think to myself their whole plan-of-action was kill Ghadaffi, ask questions in regards to what we'll be doing after that later (read: eventually).

I just hope the people of Libya can collate together and form a government that is more stable than a dictatorship.
He did all for the sake of the people, you can't call him a "bastard". He maybe did some bad thing, but comparing to someone else he did bad thing the "least".
How many people know about "Million March" ? These people all supporet Gadafi!

Million March:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSnlIlATIKw
And some other sources about "the war coming", and rest of NATO crimes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUhlF...eature=related
Hypocrisy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S880UldxB1o
Here is more just for you(American congressman Dennis Kucinich) Al Qaeda flag flying over Libya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3OywA0ry610

The whole war was setup by NATO & Friends. Ultimate GOAL? Oil ? Global Control?
Why didnt NATO & friends help poor North Korean people? "THEY DONT HAVE OIL"

Last edited by nneennaadd; 11-04-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:08 AM
v7n Mentor

Neena - Running red lights or cheating on your taxes might qualify as "He maybe did some bad thing".

Providing financing and logistical support for multiple acts of global terrorism in which boatloads of people were murdered in horrific fashion kinda fits a different description. I dont care if he was the Libyan equivalent of Santa Claus and was healing the blind with a touch of his hand while he was having people murdered... he was a slimy jihad supporting bastard.

Its debatable whether his death does or doesnt forward the world politically, but feeling sorry for the man himself is a misplaced sympathy.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Contributing Member

If you compare his crime with USA/NATO crimes, he is a little unborn child who broke a toy.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues