Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 10-21-2011, 07:45 PM
v7n Mentor

Is This Good Immigration/Economic Policy?

Lure to Foreign Buyers: Buy a Home, Get a Visa?

http://realtormag.realtor.org/daily-...-home-get-visa

Good idea or bad idea?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to bribe those who create jobs than those who buy a house?

Old 10-21-2011, 10:09 PM
v7n Mentor

We already have a program for them...and they get green cards, not just visas.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

You kinda have to give a visa to anyone who buys a house in the US.
Why would anyone buy a house that they could never even inspect or visit from time to time?

Old 10-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeMoore View Post
Lure to Foreign Buyers: Buy a Home, Get a Visa?

http://realtormag.realtor.org/daily-...-home-get-visa

Good idea or bad idea?
I think it is a good idea because if it gives jobs to the people of this country and it cannot be more than positive.

Please dont' forget that many foreign corporations or rich foreign investors put their money in US business banks or bring some corporations in the US and offer jobs for US citizen.

This will bring another subject about smart review of all US regulations that are purely anti-business, that builded monopolies and too restrictive for hiring workers. It doesn't mean that regulations about safety, poisoning and worker rights should be eliminated.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Contributing Member

This is nothing but a goverment intervention in the housing market. It's disgusting and I'm very disappointed in Mike Lee for co-authoring it. I expected better from him.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Contributing Member

Doesn't sound bad to me ?
This should attract some new money and open up opportunities which can only be beneficial for the economy of the usa.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Contributing Member

What hospital is Schumer currently in? (He must have suffered severe head trauma or lost his mind to come up with this.)

Old 10-25-2011, 11:29 AM
v7n Mentor

It should take more than just buying a house to get a visa. It's called get a job. If you want to become a citizen too, learn some things about the U.S. and learn some English and do everything else it takes to become a citizen. But just for a visa, get a job. That's why it's called a work visa and not a house visa.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:20 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfyre7896 View Post
It should take more than just buying a house to get a visa. It's called get a job. If you want to become a citizen too, learn some things about the U.S. and learn some English and do everything else it takes to become a citizen. But just for a visa, get a job. That's why it's called a work visa and not a house visa.
Did you catch that it requires purchase of a minimum of $500k of real estate for CASH.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:05 PM
v7n Mentor

So basically they're "buying" a visa. . . Goes perfectly well with the way government and everything else goes in this country. Might as well. . . Who needs principles? If they have that much money, then they can apply for citizenship and don't necessarily require a work visa. Maybe a temporary visa while they apply for citizenship. I still don't agree with buying visas or citizenship, but what can you do? I guess I'm too principled.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:19 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfyre7896 View Post
So basically they're "buying" a visa. . . Goes perfectly well with the way government and everything else goes in this country. Might as well. . . Who needs principles? If they have that much money, then they can apply for citizenship and don't necessarily require a work visa. Maybe a temporary visa while they apply for citizenship. I still don't agree with buying visas or citizenship, but what can you do? I guess I'm too principled.
Rightly or wrongly it has been immigration policy for a long time now to allow people to invest in the US to get a hybrid visa. It has always applied to investing in businesses, though a real estate business would qualify. There visa did not lead to citizenship, nor did it grant green card status, but it was perpetually renewable as long as the investment requirements were met. Actually I think there was also one that gave a green card, but I don't remember all the details off the top of my head.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues