Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-14-2011, 12:48 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Actually I worked my way thru college as a meat cutter. On that topic it seemed every market manager I worked for was slighly more masochistic than the one prior. Apparently throwing indecisive dizzy cow-customers out is bad karma in the meat industry.

[And to tell ya the truth, the wench in the story woulda been a dream customer compared to most.]

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post

[And to tell ya the truth, the wench in the story woulda been a dream customer compared to most.]
Spoken like a person who actually worked serving in the public customer service sector.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Public sector can be the most (ahem..) fun at time.. I started at 14 in the catering businesses, waiting on tables, and have seen my fair share of interesting charcters. Seen waiters punch customers in the stomach because the customer refused to pay

Speaking of which, I think I may have just come up with the solution to the debt crisis in the US and how the government/IRS could enforce a "please-don't-punch-me-again" tax

Hey now, don't go blaming me for going off-topic... Rob was the one trying to sell meat to some dizzy bint that had no idea who was coming round for dinner!!

Old 11-20-2011, 01:45 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

As this is a political thread, I'm pleased to offer a report on the recent visit to Australia by Barack Obama. Although I myself was out of the country at the time so can't offer a first hand impression, I have been catching up on what happened in articles written by Australian political commentators. To a man/woman they were mightily impressed with the statesman and his speech to parliament. They believed that it showed Australian politicians what they themselves lack as leaders and what they should aspire to. Our current government is also introducing major reforms in a hostile parliament and appreciate the difficulty in doing so and thus have empathy with the man.

The parliament treated him with the respect he deserves.

A little different to when George Dubya visited, half the parliament turned their backs on him, a couple of (still sitting) politicians were ejected for interjecting. That visit only increased the sales of Bush's Bloopers daily calendars.

Congratulations to the US for electing such a man to represent them on the world stage. I may not agree with everything that Obama has been done but I personally have great admiration for what he has achieved.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:12 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

You have my condolences...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues