Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablaye
I don't think Israel, despite all its military might, can win a conventional warfare (without using nukes) with Iran.
You underestimate Israel greatly. They have a airforce equal to that of the United States.

Quote:
Israel would have to rely on the US to open a multi-front against Iran before it can win.

Iran is a big country, has a very large military force, is battle-hardened after 8 years of war with Iraq and has hundreds of thousands of missiles. Also, Iran has many ways to hurt Israel such as Hezbollah in Lebanon and the different palestinian factions in the territories.

There is a reason why Israel has not taken any action against Iran!
Iran has one missle that can reach Israel and it is barely made to reach within its borders. Distance between Israel and Iran is 1200KM, the biggest missle Iran has is 1400KM and not that accurate. Iran would have to put man on the ground to defeat Israel. That is not viable for them

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Well, I am not the one sitting in the white house at the moment. But I can tell you that would have done a better job than its current occupant. For once, I had travelled to more places than Bush had before he became president, I know my Geography better than he does, I had better grades than him in college, I master the english language better than he does, and I did not become what I am today because of my daddy.
Wow your just freaking awesome now arent you! Let me bow down to you oh great one

Quote:
Also, we would not be in the mess that we are currently in in Iraq. I would not have invaded Iraq.
You would have let them do what they please. I understand. After 11 years of giving us the run around you would have done nothing at all. I completely understand your type.

Quote:
Only an idiot would believe that you can bomb the hell out of a country, invade its land and the population will welcome you with flowers!!!
Only an idiot could believe that saying something, and not backing it up for 11 years (remember more years if you were in office) is a good message to send to our enemies.

Last edited by BamaStangGuy; 04-26-2006 at 02:30 PM.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Latest Blog:
None

It seems to me, that your are telling the United States not to engage in military action against Iran, even though Iran is defying the United Nations and continuing with their Nuclear Weapons Program, BUT it is alright for Palestine to continuosly attack Israel even though Israel is the only one trying to provide a diplomatic solution to their program. Give me a break.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:02 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I don't think Israel, despite all its military might, can win a conventional warfare (without using nukes) with Iran. Israel would have to rely on the US to open a multi-front against Iran before it can win.

Iran is a big country, has a very large military force, is battle-hardened after 8 years of war with Iraq and has hundreds of thousands of missiles. Also, Iran has many ways to hurt Israel such as Hezbollah in Lebanon and the different palestinian factions in the territories.

There is a reason why Israel has not taken any action against Iran!
Just for the educational value, you might want to look into Israel's military history. Iran could never defeat Iraq, and Israel has never lost anything. The main pieces of land that are in dispute between Israel and it's neighbors are the lands that they won, after they were invaded and pushed their enemies back. Those enemies decided not to surrender until after Israel had pushed them back into their own land. IMHO, I don't think that Iran would last a week in a conventional war with Israel. Keep in mind that the only reason that Israel hasn't done anything is because we hold a financial hand over Israel and therefore, they aren't usually allowed to be the aggressor.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Latest Blog:
None

My take is that the discussion hovers around perhaps 1/2 or less of the complex issue. What about China and Russia? They have their interests in the region too. Unfortunatelly those interests do not coincide with those of the USA.

So far neither Chinese nor Russians are so hot on embargos egainst Iran, let alone in support of a military action. The US doesn't need commies and former commies' permission to bomb whatever country the USA president deems worthy of the effort, but then the US it's on its own again. That could have worked in 1940's and 1950's. The world has changed quite abit since then.

Sure, the US is still a superpower. But everytime we shop at Wallmart, the power shifts to the East... China is catching up with the US using money straight from the pocket of an American shopper.

Oh, and did I mention the Chinese need oil too?

I think all that mess is way more complex than who will nuke whom. And imagine a few more millions of pi$$ed off muslims reayd to do whatever it takes to pi$$ off Americans. The Danish cartoons hoopla woul look like a walk in a park in comparison.

Future ain't what it used to be.

Old 04-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaStangGuy
What have the palenstinians offered other than violence? Nothing.

Arafat wanted nothing but violence
I am not sure where you get your infos.

First, when Arafat signed the Oslo accords back in 1993, he was committed to peace. There was relative quiet in the territories after that, and Arafat was doing his best to force his own people not to attack Israeli targets, even jailing his own people for the sake of the safety of Israelis. So while Arafat was busy playing policeman for Israel, the Israeli settlers were busy trying to grab as much land as possible. Settlement activities grew by over 25% since the Oslo accords were signed.

So, until the intefada started in 1999, there was about 5 years of relative calm (with almost no suicide attacks) where the palestinians were restraining themselves and the israelis were expanding their settlements.

I guess palestinians have realized now what a lot of people here put on their bumper stickers: "Freedom isn't free".

About Iran and Israel, Iran is much closer than Iraq ever was on getting nukes. So ask yourself, why hasn't Israel bombed the nuclear facilities of Iran??? If it was a weak state like Syria, Israel would have bombed those targets a long time ago. But Iran isn't Iraq. Iran isn't Syria. Iran isn't Lebanon.

Last edited by ablaye; 04-29-2006 at 09:02 PM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues