Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Individualist

Iran WMD

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060425/...ran_nuclear_27

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Boom...

Quote:
Russian and China, which are among the five permanent members that can veto council actions, have opposed that approach, saying diplomacy has not run its course.
Bull****.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

There you go, Bama.

I think bombing the guy's country qualifies as "harsh measures". Do that, and you've lost. You can't bomb them (weapons) if you can't find them.

"Military action against Iran will not end our program."
Those sound like the words of a determined person, Bama.

Do you still believe that military action is the correct course here? Even in the face of the guy in charge directly spelling out that military action will only make the situation WORSE for YOU?

Again, I don't think it's right that ANY country has nuclear weapons, but THIS IS YOUR REALITY.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:16 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Ummm... Zap... you just quoted "the guy in charge" -- of the opposing forces. Do you really believe that he is motivated to give you an honest assessment of his defensive capabilities?

Iran wants to develop nuclear weapons to blackmail the entire globe into following it's Islamist laws. They believe that as soon as they have a working weapon, everyone will be forced to bow down to them. They believe that they will be able to threaten Israel into winking out of existence.

We, on the other hand, have no interest in living under Iranian nuclear blackmail. To prevent that, we are very willing to go to war with Iran.

It will probably start with massive tactical bombing of suspected manufacturing sites. The Iranians have been hiding their nuclear program for decades. Their current threats to hide their program are humorous.

After the first round of bombing, we will give the Iranians another chance to re-consider peace.

If the Iranian regime is unwilling to live in peace, the Iranian regime must go.

They have been very public up to this point with their statements that it is either us or them. If they continue with that reasoning, then we must stay and they must go.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Will,

I believe that they are a loose cannon. It doesn't take a lot of reading between the lines to know that the situation is unstable and their government is radical. I don't think that backing them into a corner is going to produce a positive result, for anyone.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Individualist

Iran is really asking for it. I don't think Iran should be allowed to develop nukes. They are too radical and I don't think they should be trusted with nukes. But it should not be on the West to deal with it. The Middle East should deal with it.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
Iran is really asking for it. I don't think Iran should be allowed to develop nukes. They are too radical and I don't think they should be trusted with nukes. But it should not be on the West to deal with it. The Middle East should deal with it.
That would be a unique approach. It might have more credibility than the West, simply dictating orders to Iran.

The whole situation stinks. There's very little room for everyone to get out of this in one piece. And, the part that really sucks is that Iran will not be the last time we face this issue.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Although these discussions have proven only partly successful, a unilateral American use of force against Iran would likely have disastrous effects on the international security environment. It is doubtful than a "surgical" air strike could succeed in destroying all of Iran's nuclear assets, while a large-scale invasion and military occupation of the country is widely recognized as unmanageable.

Even if American air power succeeded in disrupting for some time Tehran's ability to develop nuclear weapons, Iran could well find others means - including terrorism - to retaliate against Western interests in the region and elsewhere.

Such a unilateral use of force by Washington would find little support within Europe and would further undermine trans-Atlantic relations just as they were recovering from the divisions created by the invasion of Iraq.

Russia and China would certainly oppose such a move. Even close American allies in Asia and Latin America would object to a U.S. military action against Iran under present circumstances. Fearing the long-term consequences for their security of an even more radicalized Iranian regime, Turkey, Egypt and other nearby countries would have new grounds to pursue their own nuclear programs, further undermining the global nonproliferation regime.
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/04/...nion/edmin.php

Old 04-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
But they won't. So it's up to us. Bad maybe.. but avoidable... no.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Latest Blog:
None

That is a nice opinion article that I will disagree with. It's too bad that they do not oppose Iran having Nuclear weapons more. Maybe Iran would give them up.

But instead.. it's up to the United States to put the most pressure on these rogue countries.. and be the bad guy... so everyone can hate us and call us names... while we keep a country like Iran from obtaining Nuclear Weapons.

Last edited by BamaStangGuy; 04-25-2006 at 07:17 PM.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap
There you go, Bama.
How could you expect something else?

Quote:
I think bombing the guy's country qualifies as "harsh measures". Do that, and you've lost. You can't bomb them (weapons) if you can't find them.
They dont have weapons, they are trying to develop them.

Quote:
Those sound like the words of a determined person, Bama.
LMAO!!!! Well ****! Let's not even bother since Iran told us it would not end it.

Quote:
Do you still believe that military action is the correct course here?
Yes.

Quote:
Even in the face of the guy in charge directly spelling out that military action will only make the situation WORSE for YOU?
Nuclear Weapons in Irans hand will make the situation worse, for not only the United States, but the world. I remember that Sadaam was going to say he was going to kick our ass when we invaded... and look where we find the son of a bitch. Hiding like a coward. It's easy to talk a good game... backing it up is the hardest part.

Quote:
Again, I don't think it's right that ANY country has nuclear weapons, but THIS IS YOUR REALITY.
Reality? Reality is that many countries already have them, they are not giving them up, and our best option is to prevent more countries from obtaining them. Especially countries like Iran.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSGuy
That is a nice opinion article that I will disagree with.
Of course you will. I expected no less.

It's written by people who have a little more global experience and knowledge than you or I.

"The statement is signed by former foreign ministers Madeleine Albright of the United States, Joschka Fischer of Germany, Jozias van Aartsen of the Netherlands, Bronislaw Geremek of Poland, Hubert VĂ©drine of France and Lydia Polfer of Luxembourg."

Old 04-25-2006, 07:31 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap
Let's think about that logically.

Will strategic nuclear bombing of Iran end their program? Well duh.

Will sending in a few missiles, ala Bill Clinton, end their program? Of course not.

So, we just have to define how much "military action against Iran" it will take to "end their program."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap
It's written by people who have a little more global experience and knowledge than you or I.
That's called an Appeal to Authority and it is a logical fallacy.

Please refrain from such behavior in public.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap
Of course you will. I expected no less.
I am sure they would have said the same thing in 1981 when the exact thing that I proposed we do in Iran was done to Iraq by Israel and it worked!

Quote:
Bush has more experience running a country than you, however, you believe you could do a much better job right? That is an incomplete arguement.

Quote:
"The statement is signed by former foreign ministers Madeleine Albright of the United States, Joschka Fischer of Germany, Jozias van Aartsen of the Netherlands, Bronislaw Geremek of Poland, Hubert Védrine of France and Lydia Polfer of Luxembourg."
Madeline Albright is a JOKE

I love this picture. While he is smiling at her dumbass he is secretely building nuclear weapons. Got to love it.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:42 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

It is difficult to find anything positive to say about Madeline Albright.

She was the Janet Reno of foreign policy.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will.Spencer
Let's think about that logically.

Will strategic nuclear bombing of Iran end their program? Well duh.
You speak as if that is a foregone conclusion. That may be your opinion, but it is not fact. Our opinions differ here.

Quote:
So, we just have to define how much "military action against Iran" it will take to "end their program."
Again, your opinion and mine differ here.

Quote:
That's called an Appeal to Authority and it is a logical fallacy.
Actually, it isn't. I think you should reread the definition on that one. I never stated their words as fact, nor logically conclusive. But, I think that if the former foreign ministers of a few countries as well as Russia and China state that non-military options should be pursued, then it bears a little more looking into.

You and BSGuy can focus on your opinion of Madeline Albright to dismiss the statement signed by her and Joschka Fischer of Germany, Jozias van Aartsen of the Netherlands, Bronislaw Geremek of Poland, Hubert VĂ©drine of France and Lydia Polfer of Luxembourg. But I think it would be in your best interest to take a closer look at the situation. Just my

Quote:
Please refrain from such behavior in public.
Is this some sort of attempt at bullying?
You want to try it out on me before trying it on Iran?

Old 04-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I have taken a very indepth look into our situation. I am a history buff, especially when it comes to military action. I know what has worked in the past. Everyone critized Israel for attacking Iraq's nuclear reactors, however 26 years later most of the world realizes that Israel probably did us all a favor. They never got nuclear weapons and the attack on their reactors critically injured their nuclear program.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:10 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap
You speak as if that is a foregone conclusion. That may be your opinion, but it is not fact. Our opinions differ here.
I'm sorry, but you are completely wrong.

Strategic nuclear bombing will stop any Iranian nuclear program.

You see, if there are no Iranians left, there is no Iranian nuclear program.

Whoosh... no further nuclear weapons development.

Dead people don't develop nuclear weapons.

Am I being clear enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap
Is this some sort of attempt at bullying?
No, it was an attempt to save you from embarassing yourself again.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Latest Blog:
None

We are bullying Iran? How pathetic can you be to even make such a claim. We are trying to prevent a very hostile, corrupt, evil government from obtaining Nuclear Weapons. Why don't you go shed a few damn tears for the poor Iranian government. Poor guys...

Bullying? Pathetic....

Old 04-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Individualist

Let's keep the discussion fun guys

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues