Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 12-19-2011, 09:56 AM
v7n Mentor

Changes in North Korea

Quote:
Kim Jong-il, the second-generation North Korean dictator who defied global condemnation to build nuclear weapons while his people starved, has died at the age of 69, Yonhap News reported.
Kim was known as a womaniser, a drinker and a movie buff, according to those people who had been in close contact with him and later left the country. He was said to enjoy ogling Russian dancing girls, amassing a wine cellar with more than 10,000 bottles and downing massive amounts of lobster and cognac.

North Korea's propaganda machine painted a much more different picture.

It said Kim piloted jet fighters - even though he travelled by land for his infrequent trips abroad. He penned operas, had a photographic memory and produced movies, it was claimed.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/kim-jong...#ixzz1h05TflwE
South Korean army has already been set on a emergency alert status. USA and the international community are also looking closely. Do you think this will help to ease the nuclear tensions with the world and the border dispute with South Korea? Or the next leader could be even more controversial?

[YT]pSWN6Qj98Iw#[/YT]

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Next in line for power is his son, so I wouldn't be expecting much to change.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:19 PM
v7n Mentor

Supposedly Kim Jong Un, the youngest of 3 sons that is expected to take over is like 27 or 28, but no one really knows. They say that he studied abroad in Switzerland as a teen, speaks English, French, and Swiss, loves basketball, loves James Bond, and loves Michael Jordan.

Let's just hope that with his young age and studying abroad and western tastes leads him to a newer philosophy that's not living in an outdated era of world domination as well as extreme oppressive rule. They also say that his uncle may rule behind the scenes until he is groomed and trained beyond the only 3 years that he had. I just hope this isn't one of those instances of a good, westernized youth that becomes corrupted just to serve the whims of a few. We can all hope.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:47 PM
v7n Mentor

Kim was apparently a mean little sucker. Guess I'd be mad too if I looked like an animated Chia-pet.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:17 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfyre7896 View Post
Let's just hope that with his young age and studying abroad and western tastes leads him to a newer philosophy that's not living in an outdated era of world domination as well as extreme oppressive rule.
We can all hope.
My thoughts are going in same direction. But can't help to remember the old expression "absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
Kim was apparently a mean little sucker. Guess I'd be mad too if I looked like an animated Chia-pet.
He was something alright, next in line will have a hard time topping that

Quote:
Kim ordered the military to blow up the school where he had worked so hard. The reason? That school was now teaching regular people, not just the children of wealthy communist officials, and Kim was afraid that it was giving students too much of a competitive advantage.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Contributing Member

I don't think that spoiled kid would bring good changes for his hungry people.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:14 AM
The Controversial Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
Next in line for power is his son, so I wouldn't be expecting much to change.
However, his son was only promoted to General a year or so ago, and it's widely believed that the South Korea missile-launch was a show of strength commanded by him to show that he can become the next leader.

The chances are we may see a power-struggle with the current military and Kim-Jong-Un which could end in him showing his power aggressively to prove his worth, after all Kim-Jong-Il's death was unexpected, and rumour had it he had been preparing his son for taking it over, but it's a very different ball-game when it's not been handed over while Kim-Jong-Il was alive.

It could be very bad for South Korea and others, especially if Kim-Jong-Un talks about stepping down his Nuclear regime, as the current military may not want that.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

Kim Jong Un

This guy has total Chaos written all over him ... wonder what his pol numbers would be for the Iowa Caucuses ???

Old 12-20-2011, 10:57 AM
v7n Mentor

Lol. The whole being dead thing might disqualify him, which seems unfair given a serving VP that by one definition has been dead for years.

I'm sure we'll hear more once you're told whether his death should be blamed on the Bush administration or claimed as an Obama accomplishment.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:25 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Williamson View Post
It could be very bad for South Korea and others, especially if Kim-Jong-Un talks about stepping down his Nuclear regime, as the current military may not want that.
The same issue will probably arise with any of Kim's potential successors, but because of the government power transfer all talks regarding the North Korea efforts on developing nuclear weapons have been postponed. Kim Jong-Un has studied in Switzerland, perhaps he has a bit broader view on world. Former personal chef of late Kim Jong-Il has described him quote "superb physical gifts, is a big drinker and never admits defeat" and "He's exactly like his father". I smell trouble if this is true.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:01 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Former personal chef of late Kim Jong-Il has described him quote "superb physical gifts, is a big drinker and never admits defeat" and "He's exactly like his father". I smell trouble if this is true.
Yeah, but bear in mind if a guy in North Korea had described the "dear leader" by saying "yeah, he's sorta timid and he's hung like a gnat"... he'd get strung up with piano wire.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:17 PM
The Controversial Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju385 View Post
The same issue will probably arise with any of Kim's potential successors, but because of the government power transfer all talks regarding the North Korea efforts on developing nuclear weapons have been postponed. Kim Jong-Un has studied in Switzerland, perhaps he has a bit broader view on world. Former personal chef of late Kim Jong-Il has described him quote "superb physical gifts, is a big drinker and never admits defeat" and "He's exactly like his father". I smell trouble if this is true.
I highly doubt that North Korean scientists need any kind of Kim-Jong chap overseeing the day-to-day development on Nuclear weapons, if Kim-Jong-Il authorised the development of such weapons, Kim-Jong-Un would likely know as his father was supposedly grooming him for the ascension of power.

I personally don't see the difference between North Korea developing Nuclear Weapons and England/America having Nuclear weapons, but that's an entirely different thread I would think.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Contributing Member

In all seriousness, they are both losers. Not that I like talking ill about the dead, but look at his legacy, and now, the "General" is going to take over.... Come on, this reeks.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, from the reports that I have heard the son is going to be a lot more agressive than his father. We shall see!

Old 12-21-2011, 12:22 AM
Contributing Member

If don't feel the changes in North Korea as long Kim Jong-un doesn't subside their twisted ideology. Also the corruption in North Korea is still on-going.

For the Nuclear Enrichment Project, if North Korea don't stop they will continue his sanction from UN.

For North Korean, too bad they are naive because they poisoned the words from Corrupt Leaders(Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il). Poor North Koreans....

For Defected North Korean, Congratulations you're wake up in this reality and lies of Corrupt Leaders.

Equality is not exist in everywhere especially in North Korea.

Last edited by Park Chun Min; 12-21-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:13 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
I highly doubt that North Korean scientists need any kind of Kim-Jong chap overseeing the day-to-day development on Nuclear weapons, if Kim-Jong-Il authorised the development of such weapons, Kim-Jong-Un would likely know as his father was supposedly grooming him for the ascension of power.
Kim Jong-un wasn't the first candidate for the throne, hence my skepticism. Of course they don't need overseeing, but keep in mind these are not free research laboratories. More like government top secret labs, with classified information of national importance. Not to mention the importance of the nuclear issue as a bargaining chip with international community. I'm pretty sure young Kim will watch them all very closely.

Quote:
I personally don't see the difference between North Korea developing Nuclear Weapons and England/America having Nuclear weapons, but that's an entirely different thread I would think.
Can you explain? I think the whole nuclear weapons issue is highly related, because if it didn't exist we would probably never even heard as many information about North Korea. Nor cared what happens there

Old 12-22-2011, 01:00 PM
The Controversial Coder

The explanation is quite simple really, how is America/GB having Nukes different than North Korea having nukes? America have used a WoMD before, North Korea having (minus tests).

It's just going to turn into a war of communistic countries being disallowed to have nukes and 'democratic by name, communistic by nature (IE America)' countries being allowed to have them.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:46 AM
Banned

I think this is the best time to bring North Korea out of isolation. Not by any military action or diplomatic pressure but as a request and hand of friendship. Doesn't require to force democracy but much more openness through diplomatic relations and support to develop. Also I don't mean any significant trade deals, which is a US phenomena, but people to people contact and enhanced tourism. Instead of pressuring for nuclear proliferation, they should be given confidence of no external threat.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:03 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Late North Korean leader Kim Jong-il kept the world guessing in death as in life, with state media keeping quiet about the timing and details of his funeral Wednesday.

The man revered in his country as "Dear Leader," who died of heart failure Dec. 17 at age 69, will be honoured during ceremonies Wednesday and Thursday, and hundreds of thousands of people are expected to gather in the capital to mourn.Foreign news agencies based in Pyongyang, including Russia's ITAR-Tass and Chi na's Xinhua new agencies, reported late Wednesday morning that a funeral had begun.

North Korea's sole TV station, however, was showing only taped footage of sobbing mourners filing past Kim's begonia-bedecked bier, a military orchestra playing odes to Kim and archive footage of Kim making "on-the-spot" field trips.
Full article here.

So the transfer of power begins...

Old 12-29-2011, 02:44 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju385 View Post
Full article here.

So the transfer of power begins...
It is up to Kim Jong-un if he wants to continue or betray the twisted ideology(Juche).

It is also up to him if he wants to shut down the uranium enrichment project or continuing the sanction by UN to his country.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues