Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 02-05-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post
The present US Administration is attempting to adopt policies and principles that beneficially correspond to American society rather than to political and commercial interests only.
Society such as, I presume, the Obama campaign contribution bundler who made a fortune from the disastrous Solyndra "investment" which cost US taxpayers half a billion dollars?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barr View Post
Society such as, I presume, the Obama campaign contribution bundler who made a fortune from the disastrous Solyndra "investment" which cost US taxpayers half a billion dollars?

The above was an attempt to change the policies of the previous Administration that outsourced American jobs through tax breaks for those investing in foreign countries ... not everything works the first time around.

Quote:
^ I have a question on that though. Isn't it that it's one of the duties of the government to provide jobs for the people.

..... to (ourselves) and (our) Posterity do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

rj: Why'd you highlight that and then go into supposed government obligations regarding "prosperity"?

.... establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity

Well, I was thinking posterity would encompass prosperity but have been properly corrected by the literal translation, however it is / could be surmised by the preceding declarations the posterity would be for the reason of prosperity - than diminished returns ... as the question was, where the US Government "duty" lies to ensure "all the above" is found in the preamble to the Constitution and not the whims or disclaimers of Tea Party Republicans.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Next you will be saying everyone is entitled to welfare because the constitution promotes the 'general welfare'. Reading is not always enough, sometimes comprehension is required.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:01 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Well, I was thinking posterity would encompass prosperity but have been properly corrected by the literal translation, however it is / could be surmised by the preceding declarations the posterity would be for the reason of prosperity - than diminished returns ... as the question was, where the US Government "duty" lies to ensure "all the above" is found in the preamble to the Constitution and not the whims or disclaimers of Tea Party Republicans.
That's still giberish unless the definition of posterity means something it doesnt mean. Words do have meaning, and we cant just assign new ones for convenience.

Btw... As for your explanation of Soylendra...
apparently "not everything works the first time around" is an understatement. The taxpayr funds handed to Fisker to build hybrid cars... which Biden touted as an investment in future jobs... Has turned out to be so, albeit the jobs are in Finland, where Fisker is contracting to have them built.

So much for his commitment against outsourcing... more talk that doesnt match the results.

Maybe obama could just do what the constitution says hes supposed to do instead of trying to play investor-in-chief. He doesnt seem to have a knack for it and using taxpayer funds to support his gambling habit is getting expensive.

Last edited by robjones; 02-05-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
The above was an attempt to change the policies of the previous Administration that outsourced American jobs through tax breaks for those investing in foreign countries ... not everything works the first time around.
Always prepared with a ready excuse, aren't you? (Especially one that blames the "previous Administration", even three years into the current one.)

"The above" (Solyndra) was an Obama initiative to shovel taxpayer dollars into a failing (ultimately failed) venture in which a huge Obama contributor/bundler had a large stake. Pure crony-capitalism.

<added>
Solyndra first started its push for government funding during the Bush administration. Funding was held up due to various factors relating to the company's potential viability. Once Obama got in, the disaster was fast-tracked by the DOE in spite of numerous reasons that it shouldn't have been.
</added>

Do you really believe the stuff you post here? I find that hard to imagine.

Last edited by Bob Barr; 02-05-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Contributing Member

Haven't heard much of that Solyndra thing but thanks for bringing it up guys. I don't know if Obama can do all of what he's promising or it's just his way of making sure that he sounds good during the election.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceekeigh View Post
Haven't heard much of that Solyndra thing but thanks for bringing it up guys. I don't know if Obama can do all of what he's promising or it's just his way of making sure that he sounds good during the election.
Of course you haven't - the press isn't covering it to any extent. They don't want to let people know about things that reflect badly on Obama. (At least the "Fast and Furious" gun-running scandal is getting a little press coverage, especially with that ATF guy taking the fifth rather than testifying to Congress. But I'd bet that you haven't heard much about that one either.)

<added>
Sorry, I may have mistaken a DOJ official for an ATF guy in the previous sentence. I'm not 100% certain which agency he was with. I'll check a little further.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Contributing Member

I always check some news online and sometimes watch CNN on my cable TV. But I don't think I heard of that much either. Obama is really making sure that he smells good. He's controlling the press. Does he really choose on what to show on the news?

Old 02-05-2012, 09:14 PM
v7n Mentor

He doesnt control the press, theyre just in the tank for liberals... And having helped him get elected they're now involved in a little dissonance reduction.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Contributing Member

Do you agree that he will loose this election? Because people are saying, he haven't made any of his promises when he was just running for presidency back then.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceekeigh View Post
Quote:
ceekeigh: .... or it's just his way of making sure that he sounds good during the election.

Quote:
Quote:
Improving the Economy, Preventing Depression

He pushed through and signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, otherwise known as “the stimulus package,” despite the fact that not one Republican voted for that bill. In addition, he launched recovery.gov, so that taxpayers could track spending from the Act. http://1.usa.gov/ibiFSs http://1.usa.gov/e3BJMk
Quote:
http://www.recovery.gov/About/Pages/The_Act.aspx

Track the money

To achieve the transparency goal, the Act requires recipients of Recovery funds to report every January, April, July, and October on how they are using the money. All the data is posted on Recovery.gov so the public can track the Recovery funds.

...so the public can track the Recovery funds.

The Administration passed into law the requirement for public disclosure the appropriations spent for the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act ... not relying on "sound" but physical proof for their accomplishments.

Quote:
Bob Barr: At least the "Fast and Furious" gun-running scandal is getting a little press coverage,
Yes, and the coverage disclose just recently what has been reiterated repeatedly over the history of the sham arguments by Republicans that the AG Eric Holder closed down operation Fast and Furious when the AG was first informed of its existence.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Bob Barr: At least the "Fast and Furious" gun-running scandal is getting a little press coverage,
Yes, and the coverage disclose just recently what has been reiterated repeatedly over the history of the sham arguments by Republicans that the AG Eric Holder closed down operation Fast and Furious when the AG was first informed of its existence.
Yeah, breeze, just keep believing the crap that keeps coming out of your DNC fax machine. Holder has already been caught in several "inconsistencies" as to what he knew and when he knew it. You just keep drinking your kool-aid, though, and keep blaming Republican investigations for Democrat wrongdoing.

If nothing else, your posts do have some entertainment value.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:27 PM
v7n Mentor

"caught in inconsistencies" is a very nice way to say Attorney General Eric Holder has been caught lying to Congress.

His organization has effectively been supplying arms to Mexican drug cartels, forcing gun shops to ignore laws simply to bolster the lefts predictions about guns from the US going over the border, and when congress raises hell about it he claimed he wasnt aware of the operation at all. Then faced with the fact hes either dishonest or incompetent, he played the race card, accusing congress of targeting him for his color.

Though the media has largely been in the tank for Obama and his clownshow administration... They do move when they smell blood in the water, and Holder is so clearly dissembling hes losing the media shield.

In fact, even CBS, not exactly known for taking stands against corruption on the left, recently ran an article exposing the frequent tendency of the Obama crew to fall back on playing the race card, and cited Holder's silliness as one of many examples.

See Barack Obama's most disturbing legacy

It'd be nice if Obama had to play on a level field where the media is concerned. He'd never have become president had he not gotten a pass on multiple items in the 2008 contest. Even Saturday Night Live parodied the way he got softballs from the media while Hillary Clinton didnt. The pandering was frankly pathetic.

Last edited by robjones; 02-05-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Contributing Member

Bob, the Republicans have been harping on F&F for at least a year and a half - how much time do you need to figure out there is not now nor ever has been a case against Eric Holder ??? ... and wasting hard earned taxpayers money on a hoax.

- The sanctions against ATF were administered by the "AG" a year ago with the appropriate dismissals and reprimands.

Sorry, Case Closed.

Edit: more of the same worn out and disproved arguments from rj - your time is up, the Tea Party peeked in August 2011 with the S&P downgrade and your arguments along with them - (Hint) think of something new ...

Last edited by Breeze Wood; 02-05-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Contributing Member

I was a fan of Obama before. But learning these things from you guys changed my mindset about him.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:45 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezewood
Sorry, Case Closed.
If only it were that easy... Just have a card carrying Obama fan say "case closed" and it just goes away.

It took a while for the facts to come out about Watergate, too. Remember?

Quote:
- The sanctions against ATF were administered by the "AG" a year ago with the appropriate dismissals and reprimands.
Eric Holder has yet to dismiss a single person over F&F. Feel free to check that.

Last edited by robjones; 02-05-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Contributing Member

What about Watergate rob? Haven't heard of it as well. Any article that I can check regarding it?

Old 02-05-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Bob, the Republicans have been harping on F&F for at least a year and a half - how much time do you need to figure out there is not now nor ever has been a case against Eric Holder ??? ... and wasting hard earned taxpayers money on a hoax.

Sorry, Case Closed.
Nice try but incredibly deluded or naive on your part.
From Investors Business Daily a week ago (emphasis mine):
Quote:
Eric Holder's False Testimony Warrants Impeachment

Posted 01/30/2012 06:59 PM ET

Scandal: For incompetence alone, Attorney General Eric Holder should resign in the wake of the illegal "Fast and Furious" gunrunning scandal. But fresh news that he knew of it and is covering it up warrants impeachment.

In the latest Friday night document dump — news released as to minimize its scandalous impact on the White House — congressional investigators learned that Attorney General Holder knew all along that a gun his Justice Department intentionally let fall into the hands of Mexico's cartels was used to murder U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry on Dec. 15, 2010.

Holder must have known right away because his Deputy Chief of Staff Monty Wilkinson received an email from then-Arizona U.S. Attorney General Dennis Burke telling him just that: "The guns found in the desert near the murder(ed) BP officer connect back to the investigation we were going to talk about — they were AK-47s purchased at a Phoenix gun store."

According to the Daily Caller, the emails also showed that Wilkinson then "alerted" Holder about the killing of the U.S. agent.

Since then, Wilkinson has taken the Fifth in congressional testimony and told investigators, "I don't recall," while the Justice Department on Monday declined to give any answer to the press about what Holder knew and when he knew it.

This is classic coverup behavior — late-night document dumps, officials taking the Fifth, "I don't recall" excuses — the likes of which we haven't seen since the Nixon and Clinton years.

Along with the false testimony that Holder gave last year to congressional investigators including Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., and Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, this never-ending case can only get worse as the damning evidence piles up.
Excerpt. Full article at: http://news.investors.com/Article/59...ent-murder.htm

A top DOJ official reported the killing of a Border Patrol agent to Holder and is now taking the Fifth before Congress? That doesn't sound like "Case closed" to me.

It's amazing the news you can find when you look beyond CNN and the DNC (but I repeat myself).

Old 02-05-2012, 11:31 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:

Sorry, Case Closed.
Lets compare your assertions above to the facts. You indicate...

--1--there is no case against holder
--2-- holder dismissed and/or reprimanded those responsible (?!)
--3-- the case is closed

Lets see the news from this weekend and test those three assertions. http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Fas...2/02/id/428362

Quote:
Although Holder has shaken up the leadership of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, he has not taken direct action against those responsible for the fiasco, Gowdy said..

“Not only has he not fired them, he hasn’t even put a letter of reprimand in anyone’s file.
You have a dead border patrol agent. You have hundreds of dead Mexican citizens. You have more than 1,000 weapons that are somewhere in Mexico or the United States. No one’s been demoted,” said Gowdy, who believes that Holder should resign.

“Leaders take responsibility for what the people under them do. So the attorney general himself needs to tender his resignation,” insisted Gowdy. “If he’s not going to do that, and get rid of himself, he needs to at least get rid of Lanny Breuer, whose fingerprints are all over this.”

Republicans on the committee have demanded that the DOJ turn over documents related to Fast and Furious.
Points number 1 and 3 are pretty shaky given this weekends news includes continued calls for the AGs removal. Theyve already caught him in a lie about when he first knew of it, and every time new info is found it shows higher and higher level DOJ involvement.

More troubling:
The fact that he hasnt fired anyone or even issued a letter of reprimand is a matter of record.

WHY did you say item #2?
That was just blatantly false. Would you please explain the discrepancy between your assertion and the truth?

Last edited by robjones; 02-05-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Quote:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...us_reprimanded

Finally: ATF Officials Involved in Fast and Furious Reprimanded

ATF Deputy Director Tom Brandon has suspended ATF Assistant Director of the Office of Professional Responsibility and Security Operations Bill McMahon, ATF Acting Deputy Director Billy Hoover and ATF Assistant Director in Charge of Field Operations Mark Chait until further notice from their cushy ATF management positions as the investigation into Operation Fast and Furious, of which McMahon, Hoover and Chait were heavily involved in, is on going. The rumor is that Brandon has a rough draft copy of the Justice Department Inspector General Report on hand, sparking the move. This is great news, however it should have happened a year ago. McMahon, Hoover and Chait made terrible decisions in Fast and Furious, and used their positions within ATF to legislate from the bureau by pushing new gun control measures.
Quote:
ATF officials suspended over Fast and Furious
washingtonexaminer.com ^ | January 10, 2012 12:29pm | Joel Gehrke Commentary Staff Writer

Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 1:20:15 PM by Dubya-M-DeesWent2SyriaStupid!

Officials at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) who oversaw the lethal gun-walking scheme, Operation Fast and Furious, have reportedly been suspended for their actions -- perhaps because of a forthcoming report from the Office of the Inspector General.

These are just two reports randomly selected with relatively recent dates - the removal of Molson by Holder was I presume further back in the search but there is no lack of articles about reprimands being taken by Holder or that the entire controversy involves ATF and the multiplel programs they alone were involved with.

Have job site emergency, must run - the point is the R Congress after years of fishing have not a bit of evidence supporting their contentions or that it is an issue worth the tax dollars they keep spending money on.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues