Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 02-16-2012, 03:45 AM
Blue Rose Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.king View Post
Does anybody let kids decide what to eat? Those of you who have kids, do you let them determine what's for dinner? Of course not. Parents who behave responsibly and send food with their kids, like the one in the article that started this thread, are great, but many parents either because they don't know better or they can't afford better (my own parents were in the second group) are at the mercy of whatever the school district decides to slop on their kids' plates. And now Rush Limbaugh is going to say that's a good thing and ridicule anybody who tries to make it better?

Lookit, I know the V7N is populated with right wing zealots; it's why I don't come here very often. I know right wing zealots could watch the current President turn water into wine and complain that he didn't pick the right wine type. But sometimes I gotta call BS when I see it.
I let my girls decide, and they are both healthy and well. They actually enjoy having a hand in deciding, and helps to compromise when a vegetable is served that the other doesn't like.

I am all for parents sendng food to school with their kids, but that's because I don't have the same system here that you guys have in the US, but that doesn't mean that I would overload my kids' lunchboxes with unhealthy food.

Another thing. Isn't turkey meat? Even if its cold meat? I can bet its still a lot healthier than a deep fried nugget. I think rules like these are nonsense. There are so many kids out there that need real help, with real problems, and the least of their worries is whether or not someone is going to approve of what they have in their lunchboxes.

Lastly, and not to be taken the wrong way, as it is my personal opnion of course, name calling is not really the best outcome when you're trying to make a point, which we get, but you don't need to make such long winded accusations of people that either don't know you, or you don't know from Adam. (as I mentioned IMHO)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues