Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-02-2012, 04:52 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
We worked it out fairly well when they came here. The local Hell's Angels ignored by the local police kept them almost far enough away. There were no incidents. The news channels gave them very limited or no coverage.

If the media would ignore these fools they would find something better to do with their time.
That's very encouraging to hear. Thanks for sharing.

THAT is what I mean -- kinda -- about the social pressure doing the job.

If people responded to them as they deserve to be responded to -- protecting those that need it from the venom, and denying them the attention they want for their misbehavior -- it would go a long way toward toning it down. In fact, if everyone ignored them, I'm sure things would settle down a WHOLE lot.

I doubt their true agenda is what they pretend it to be. I really, seriously doubt that it is.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 09:46 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

I guess this confuses me then.

Quote:
Only days after clearing Congress, US President Barack Obama signed his name to H.R. 347 on Thursday, officially making it a federal offense to cause a disturbance at certain political events - essentially criminalizing protest in the States. http://www.sott.net/articles/show/24...s-Bill-H-R-347
The president has the right to decide that it can be considered a criminal offense to protest at certain political events but not to prevent a hate filled protest at something as private and personal as a funeral.

I guess I am not smart enough to understand this.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Like it says "certain political events", in other words, anything that could disrupt the governmental system and show them in a bad light.

Believe it or not, it is actually in its favour for events such as the protest at funerals to happen, this is because it is a way of saying to people "see what we are fighting for?" Hey, I never said it was right!

The government is like a heartless beast that only cares about something if it makes THEM look bad and then they will do something about it. If it hurts others but helps take some steam away from them, then they couldn't care less as we can see.

I've had a saying for a few years, probably not liked by most Americans but kind of becoming truer as time goes by.. "USA, the land of perceived freedom"

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues