Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

TSA to expedite airport security screening for $100 fee

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/1...g-for-100-fee/

Quote:
Those who wish to avoid body scanners and pat-downs at airports can pay $100 to opt into a Transportation Security Administration expedited security screening program.

Its pay to play, aviation analyst Michael Boyd said on MSNBC. I dont know how much it is going to do for security, but is a one time fee as far as I know.

Currently, only selected frequent flyers and Customs and Border Protection Trusted Travelers are eligible to participate in the TSAs PreCheck program.

Those who are accepted can keep their shoes, belts and jackets on as they walk through a metal detector. They are also allowed to keep laptops and liquids in carry-on bags.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

That should put any doubts to rest about whether or not the TSA's priority is to keep people safe in the air.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:54 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Security vs. Money.... Security vs. Money.... {weighing in hands}.... Mmmmmmmm.... Money.

These TSA goon thugs are out of control. So because someone was trustworthy in the past, now they have a pass? Sounds legitimate on the surface, just like the for "protection" the government offers by such ways as the NDAA, etc. However, it's just another way to make a quick buck. Several thousand bucks actually. Maybe even the millions. Depends on how many they consider "safe" though.

Reminds me of another type of payment. Pay me every week and we'll see that you're "protected."

Old 03-17-2012, 06:08 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Well this is news to me! Woo hoo, better work longer hours people to pay off the Two by Two, Hands of Blue gang.

I call them Two by Two, Hands of Blue because they commonly wear blue latex gloves and it was a reference to the Hands of Blue from the tv series Firefly.

I am surprised none of the science fiction story writers have ever come up with men at the airport fondling people for money.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfyre7896 View Post
Security vs. Money.... Security vs. Money.... {weighing in hands}.... Mmmmmmmm.... Money.

Reminds me of another type of payment. Pay me every week and we'll see that you're "protected."
Exactly.

And boy, won't that keep the terrorists away?

"What, we've got to come up with an extra $100? Sigh, oh well, guess we're not going to get our bomb on that airplane .. "
terrorist exits stage left, kicking dirt and going home ...

Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Hey, I am cheap. If they want to fondle my package for a hundred bucks (not paid) they can.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:43 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired Ink View Post
terrorist exits stage left, kicking dirt and going home ...
Hahahaha

That made me think of this joke we say from when you were a kid and you got mad, "I take my ball, go home." Because if you were the kid with the ball, you had the power.

Now substitute bomb for ball. "I take my bomb, go home." {Glaring angrily} LOL

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues