Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-16-2012, 07:05 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

"Faith In God" - The Truth, The Light and The Way

Venturing down my walk with Jesus Christ today, I started with a Bible Study in the park. After fellow-shipping and praying with my brother in Christ, I ventured home to serve God. I painted the ceiling of one room in my home. Afterwards, God guided me to write a great children's song - a Christian themed one: "I'll follow you, Lord." Afterwards, I took over the duties of watching my son.

Later in the evening, I was blessed by God and was "un-banned" from V7N. Later in the evening, I was again blessed by God with a free "sneak-preview" screening for media personnel and watched the film: "People Like Us."

I was truly amazed at how God used this film's hidden message to serve his glorious realm.

For those at V7N who read this, please come back to this thread on Wednesday June 27th, to see my official review of the film. Trust me, it won't be like anyone else's on the internet.

Mark 11:22-23: “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. “I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 06:54 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Having Faith in God means not fearing, but just believing.

The setting is when Jesus was confronted by some men who told the parent of a child, that the child was dead.

Jesus told the synagogue ruler (Jarius), “Don’t be afraid; just believe.” - Mark 5:21-43

A morale of this story is: When you believe in God, you do not fear.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I am not sure where exactly this thread is going and though I too believe in God, I can tell you that it wasn't God unbanned you here, it was the admin and it was only a temporary ban in the first place so it was set to be lifted.

Of course if one feels blessed then that is a good thing but it isn't wise to go down the route that God is involved in EVERYTHING in life, because God actually isn't.

Just my 2 cents

Old 05-18-2012, 03:49 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
I am not sure where exactly this thread is going and though I too believe in God, I can tell you that it wasn't God unbanned you here, it was the admin and it was only a temporary ban in the first place so it was set to be lifted.

Of course if one feels blessed then that is a good thing but it isn't wise to go down the route that God is involved in EVERYTHING in life, because God actually isn't.

Just my 2 cents
You are correct! Sometimes it's not God that is involved in "things'"

Matthew 16:23 - http://bible.cc/matthew/16-23.htm

Old 05-18-2012, 06:42 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

[delete me]

Last edited by dWhite; 05-18-2012 at 06:53 AM. Reason: nevermind

Old 05-18-2012, 09:23 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
I am not sure where exactly this thread is going and though I too believe in God, I can tell you that it wasn't God unbanned you here, it was the admin ...
Wait!

WUT?

I'm not God?

Old 05-18-2012, 09:43 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Wait!

WUT?

I'm not God?
Before we all go somewhere that's inappropriate, read the original quote.

"I was blessed by God and was "un-banned" from V7N."

There is no mention of God "un-banning" me from V7N.

It's a poorly constructed post - but should be read as:
"I was blessed by God; and I was "un-banned" from V7N.

It was intended as a compound sentence such as:
"I went to the store and bought a sandwich."

As to the praising of God:
Psalm 34:1 - I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

"At all times, in every situation, under every circumstance, before, in and after trials, in bright days of glee, and dark nights of fear. He would never have done praising, because never satisfied that he had done enough; always feeling that he fell short of the Lord's deservings. Happy is he whose fingers are wedded to his harp. He who praises God for mercies shall never want a mercy for which to praise. To bless the Lord is never unseasonable." Source: http://www.spurgeon.org/treasury/ps034.htm

Moreover from Romans 1:21 - For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:44 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

I was just teasing!

Old 05-18-2012, 12:19 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

I chose to respond teasingly in this thread for one reason. I needed to get my thoughts together in order to respond in a respectful manner because I had already discussed (multiple times) about there being a time and place for everything (in public and in private) and wasn’t pleased to see that I needed to do so again.

Quote:
Ecclesiastes 3
King James Version (KJV)

3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Forum communities are for opening discussions with multiple viewpoints responding. It is not a place to preach AT others unless a thread specifically refers to it or someone asks. There are places for that, but not here.

I choose to share my beliefs simply by the life I lead and how I treat others.

We cannot (nor should we) make accommodations for every individual or we would reach a point that we were accommodating no one.

Like it or not, in the end I have to do what I feel is best for this community as a whole.

Quote:
Does that mean we are limiting your right to free speech?

Nope! You are 100% free to stand on the street corner and say whatever you want about what you believe. That is between you and your local law enforcement. You can write anything you want on your own blog. That's between you and your hosting company and perhaps Homeland Security.

But here in the community, the owners of the V7N and I get to choose where that line is drawn.

Last edited by Cricket; 05-18-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: wrong wording used for my meaning

Old 05-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

"God is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche, and within it a lamp; the Lamp enclosed in Glass; the glass a brilliant star, lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive neither of the East nor of the West whose Oil is well-nigh luminous though fire scarce touched it. Light upon Light! God doth guide whom He will to His Light." (Quran, 24:35)

Old 05-18-2012, 12:28 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

That being said, this thread is now closed.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread