Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-19-2012, 12:14 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs down Government Control: How much is too much?

How much government control is okay?

How much is too much?

Where is that line drawn?

Has the line moved over the years?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 01:02 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

How much government control is okay?
Just enough to do the jobs assigned to it, andnot an ounce more.

How much is too much?
See above.

Where is that line drawn?
In the United States Constitution. It defines the role of government and expressly delegates all powers not delegated to the federal government to the states and the citizens.

Has the line moved over the years?
Oh hell yeah, a bit further with each administration. Lately it's moving further out every couple of Fridays when the president releases his next "executive order", sadly with little fanfare in the media. Despite having relatively few duties assigned it in the constitution, the federal government has expanded as the nation has slowly ceded power to it in the name of security. Ben Franklin addressed that years ago when he said those that are willing to sacrifice freedom in exchange for security deserve neither.

Each successive generation becomes more dependent and less self-reliant than the last... and looks to government as the giver of all things. They forget the government is supposed to serve at our will, not the other way around.

Barrett .50s for the Dept of Energy?! See Bid for 6 Barrett .50 rifles
Have been reading a government bid site lately, where contracts are awarded to companies that can meet the demands of various federal agencies. Our government is getting armed to the teeth lately, and I am not talking about the military, I'm talking about domestic agencies. Would someone please tell me WTF the Energy Dept needs Barrett .50cal guns to do? You can slice a guy in half with that at over a mile.

Domestic agencies are purchasing guns, ammo and military gear by the boatload.

The MRAP {Mine Resistant Ambush Protected} vehicle was recently designed for Asynchronous Warfare in Iraq. Asynchronous warfare is where the sides are uneven in strength / equipment / professionalism / arms but the less equipped side is tenacious... ie - an insurgency. The vehicle is designed to withstand IED blast, has slat armor to defend against RPGs, has gun ports, runflat ries and bullet proof glass. It weighs about 14+ tons and can carry 10 "operators".

====================================

I've been seeing mention of these pop up in forums... all over the country, not just border states. These are being deployed domestically by the department of Homeland Security, and are to be used by their newly created ultra SWAT crew, the Special Response Team. Homeland security has purchased enough .40cal pistol ammo recently to shoot everyone in the US several times. They're buying weapons out the wazoo, and military drones are being brought from the battlefields to the domestic front.

This is military gear, military arms, and military tactics. WHO are our domestic agencies preparing to fight an asynchronous war with praytell?

Attached Thumbnails
Government Control: How much is too much?-mrap1.jpg   Government Control: How much is too much?-mrap8.jpg   Government Control: How much is too much?-mrap9.png   Government Control: How much is too much?-border-patrol.jpg   Government Control: How much is too much?-barrett_50cal.jpg  

Last edited by robjones; 07-19-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:22 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Here's an "operator" for SRT's El Paso team describing his vehicles. ["Operators"? Not LEOs, agents, or officers? Sounds more like mercs than cops.]

I see vehicles number 8 and number 14 in his video.

This is of course a convenience to any of my neighbors that always wanted to live in a police state. Now they can do it without the inconvenience of having to move.

[YT]0pS9aw5pcJo[/YT]

Last edited by robjones; 07-19-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues