Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 08-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Should You Get Your Child an iPad or Laptop for School?

Please read the blog post before responding.

Heck my 2 year old nephew knows how to use youtube to find cartoons on my iphone. Kids are smart.

Quote:
With back-to-school shopping season in full swing, parents are deciding whether to get their child an iPad or laptop for the upcoming year. Although some kids may have their sights set on an ultra-trendy tablet device, tech experts are in agreement that a laptop is the way to go for students of all ages.

“Digital media tablets are more useful resources for consuming media such as looking at videos, pictures and
Continued at: http://mashable.com/2012/08/13/school-laptop-ipad/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 03:35 PM

I think if they must study with this gadget, we must try to give it. But we also must keep watch what our child do with this gadget. We must guide them so they can learn well.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:44 PM

By the subject, I assumed the topic was going to be more of "do they actually need it". My daughter is 7, so still too young for the need, but I would definitely buy her a laptop over an iPad. Quick reason: how is she going to type a school paper on an iPad?

Old 08-14-2012, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

There are a few MS Office type apps (compatible with Office) and apps for storing your documents in the cloud.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:08 AM

I think they do not need to take an iPad or Laptop for School, because these things will make them Impetuous and distraction

Old 08-21-2012, 04:20 AM

I agree with mialynn.
First point - the schoolbag is aleady heavy. No need to break the back of your children.
Second point - the children should draw and write not by touching a screen. this supports their creativity and it is usefull to learn new words (if you write a word, your brain remembers it better than by tiping it)
Third point - why is in the articel written: "Digital media tablets are more useful resources for consuming media such as looking at videos, pictures and"??? I've never looked at videos or pictures in school that come from our modern media?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues