Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-17-2012, 09:38 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs down How much money is spent on a presidential campaign?

As it turns out, an insane amount of money is raised and spent on a presidential campaign.

Although this certainly comes as no surprise, it appears that this year, the amount of money is higher than ever.

Will it reach a billion dollars for each candidate this year?

I can’t help but wonder.

What if that money was spent differently?

How many hungry children could we have fed?

How many military families destroyed by suicide could have been saved if there weren’t two hour hold times just to reach help, let alone actually seeing someone?

How many lives could be touched by improved literacy programs? What impact could that have on the economy?

How many of our country’s youth could be reached in poor, gang infested neighborhoods through stronger community outreach and mentor programs?

In my humble opinion the answer is ZERO.

Huh?

In most cases I find it very unlikely that the people donating to presidential campaigns would instead divert the money to current social issues.

What does that say about our priorities as a country?

You could say that the strongest impact for their donations would be through election campaigns to help get the candidate (supportive of their chosen social issues) elected.

However, I have a feeling they have their own corporate agendas. What do you think?

Just my 2 cents as always….
Attached Thumbnails
How much money is spent on a presidential campaign?-money-key.jpg  

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

An interesting article From Andrew P. Napolitano, Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey.

November’s Choices

http://lewrockwell.com/napolitano/napolitano65.1.html

Robespierre

Old 08-17-2012, 10:36 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

This thread is not about one candidate vs. another. It is about the money involved in the campaigns.

What would happen if we did not allow any campaign contributions?

What would happen if the only campaigning was a series of legitimate debates about the issues?

Old 08-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
This thread is not about one candidate vs. another. It is about the money involved in the campaigns.
Ok

Quote:
What would happen if we did not allow any campaign contributions?
I guess that campaign contributions are necessary for the candidates, but it could be limited or restricted. Only feudalism don't need campaign contributions.

Quote:
What would happen if the only campaigning was a series of legitimate debates about the issues?
We saw how the disconnection between the politicians and the constituents was during the debates in city halls about health care issues and what was voted in Congress.

If you are interested, you can see how we regulated the political compaigns to avoid that a candidate will take advantages just because of money and not about ideas for their people.

Campaign Finance: France
http://www.loc.gov/law/help/campaign-finance/france.php

Robespierre

Old 09-01-2012, 01:40 AM

I think it's really horrible when a children is hungry at that time a lots of money of his nation is unnecessarily wasted in these kind of things. Hope God will give good thoughts to those leaders.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenrjoe View Post
I think it's really horrible when a children is hungry at that time a lots of money of his nation is unnecessarily wasted in these kind of things. Hope God will give good thoughts to those leaders.
I'm absolutely agree with you dear, If very single of us starts thinking this way, surely humanity will be back

Old 09-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

When there is this much money in politics, the money eclipses everything else.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:16 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Feels a little like the czars duking it out for Mother Russia.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
http://www.kesq.com/news/politics/Ma...o/-/index.html

Major GOP donor may give $100 million
Sheldon Adelson of Nevada supports Romney, PACs

Fresh off a major donation to the pro Mitt Romney super PAC, Nevada billionaire and major Republican donor Sheldon Adelson is expected to continue his support for some other GOP causes and may donate as much as $100 million this campaign cycle, a source with knowledge of his donations told CNN.

Laws and more laws should be passed to establish a proper balance to the US Electoral process - a maximum contribution limit by individuals and all other contributions prohibited: corporate - union.

Republican laws suppressing voter involvement: ID laws, restrictive early voting etc. are however examples of legislative reversal that are just as likely an outcome.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 09-01-2012, 03:08 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post
Laws and more laws should be passed to establish a proper balance to the US Electoral process - a maximum contribution limit by individuals and all other contributions prohibited: corporate - union.
We have such laws. Fortunately for the president, they only apply to US citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post
Republican laws suppressing voter involvement: ID laws, restrictive early voting etc. are however examples of legislative reversal that are just as likely an outcome.
I'd like a really good explanation as to how id laws suppress voter involvement. Who doesn't have an id besides illegals and minors? I mean I need an id to get a library card.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Cricket, you are right, of course there is an agenda in place and it has nothing to do with helping the country, more to do with forwarding major corporations which is disguised behind the "helping the country" blanket.

Imagine a work collegue saying to you "find me some dirt on that guy as I want ot make his life difficult".. And yet, this is the system used to put in place a frontman for the country, but with a budget of almost a billion dollars, whilst the country is in financial crisis..... I'd be ashamed of working for people like that.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues