Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Contributing Member

Forsaken And Forgotten

Quote:
America is becoming a very cold place. If you don't have money, you don't really matter much in our society. The ads on television aren't for you - they are directed at people that actually have good jobs and that can afford to buy the nice little "extras" in life. The politicians aren't really interested in you either - they figure that they can buy your vote with all of the money that they are getting from the wealthy people. When you don't have money, even friends and relatives start to distance themselves from you.

Perhaps they are afraid that you will ask them for money or perhaps they are afraid that your "failure" will start to rub off on them. When people know that you are struggling for money, the barriers immediately go up. In the United States today, there are tens of millions of people that have been forsaken and forgotten.

They mostly stay at home (if they still have a home), and for most of them quiet desperation has become a way of life. You won't ever read much about them or see them appear much on television because nobody really cares too much about them. As far as society is concerned, there are just way too many of them and they are a problem that "the government" should be able to handle anyway. Sadly, the truth is that many communities all across America want absolutely nothing to do with those that can't take care of themselves.

All over the country cities are passing laws making it illegal to feed the homeless, and in other instances cities are actually making it illegal to be homeless. Unfortunately, this problem is not going away. In fact, the number of Americans living in poverty increases with each passing day. So where do we go from here?

These days, a lot of formerly middle class Americans are down on their luck and can't even afford to buy enough food.
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...-and-forgotten

I will ask you the same question as the author:

Have you ever had to skip meals because you simply could not afford to buy enough food?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 12:02 PM

Never skipped meals but when my kids were younger all still home I would make sure they were all full before I ever took food for myself! To this day I still don't take food until everyone fills their plates the first time...we have company lots more for meals now days and there is always plenty but that just me!
My sons get mad and will say mom get over here and get a plate first...then sometimes I will!
Being we don't have a dining room and only small table area everything is set out on counters, stove top and table and everyone helps themselves like buffet style! I make sure everyone has what they need/want. Then go get my plate! The more guest we have the happier I am!

Old 08-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Contributing Member

In contrast...

40% of U.S. food wasted, report says
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/22...d-report-says/

When some people starve because they are short in money, others waste the food.

What a shame!

Old 08-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Contributing Member

Meals are rare, but I usually have something to eat every day, many don't.

So what are you doing about it? The problem is the corruption in politics that is eliminating the middle class. The attack began with Reaganomics and ended with Bush Jr's War on Oil. And all anyone ever says, is they don't give us any good candidates to choose from. Well why should they, as long as you keep choosing from what ever garbage they give us?

How many more people will loose their homes, their jobs, everything, because we are too scared to vote for anything other then the lessor of the two evils? We continue to vote them in, we are the problem.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues