Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

View Poll Results: Who will be the president of the United States?
Barack Obama 27 65.85%
Mitt Romney 11 26.83%
Other 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-06-2012, 07:11 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs down Who will be the president of the United States after the election?

I am not asking who you are going to vote for.
I am not asking who you would like to win.
I am asking for your prediction of who will be president following the upcoming election and why you think that...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I'm going to predict Obama.

He knows how to use social media well.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Contributing Member

Romney...way too much angst and pain in America today. And no media channel's gonna save barack.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 AM
Latest Blog:
A New Project

I believe it will be a very close race.....

The people are "hurting" and Nobama has failed to deliver....

Romney.....

(Of course, social media skills must be measured...first).....

Old 09-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

My prediction is that Obama is going to win.
If I had a vote, I'd be writing in Ron Paul's name.
I believe Romney and Obama will equally ignore the people so it really doesn't matter which of them is voted in.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I will say exactly the same thing as Zap.

I am a Ron Paul supporter but I believe that President Obama will win.

Robespierre

Old 09-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The Obama Administration has engineered a steady recovery from a Great Recession preventing a Depression and enacted the most comprehensive HealthCare reform in the Nations History - the Administration deserves to be reelected but Citizens United may prevail.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 09-07-2012, 10:06 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post
The Obama Administration has engineered a steady recovery from a Great Recession preventing a Depression and enacted the most comprehensive HealthCare reform in the Nations History - the Administration deserves to be reelected but Citizens United may prevail.
She didn't ask who you wanted to win. She asked who you think will win and why.

I want Romney (out of the possible winners), but I think Obama will win -- not because the people want him, but because he will use any tactic to convert a mass voter pool that will not research beyond soundbites. I do not think it beneath him to orchestrate a tragedy at the end of October or beginning of November if things aren't looking right for him.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:34 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeMoore View Post
She didn't ask who you wanted to win. She asked who you think will win and why.

I want Romney (out of the possible winners), but I think Obama will win -- not because the people want him, but because he will use any tactic to convert a mass voter pool that will not research beyond soundbites. I do not think it beneath him to orchestrate a tragedy at the end of October or beginning of November if things aren't looking right for him.
I had thought the possibility of Marshal Law as well. Military support? Who knows...I tend to be optimistic, I am thinking a Romney upset like there was between Carter and Reagan but it is really difficult to know these days, common sense has a way of not prevailing, or even bothering to look beyond what is seen on television these days
www.pchelper123.com

Old 09-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

We should add another option to the poll... Wall Street.

No matter which man is voted for, Wall Street and the 1% are going to "win".

Old 09-08-2012, 05:08 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Autumn Bloom

When you have a campaign run on denial of voter's rights (in spite of federal judges orders to the contrary), and false assertions...
Quote:
"We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers,"
Quote:
UFO Sightings Are 3,615 Times More Common than Voter Fraud
You'll end up with a statement about America's tolerance for BS.

Courtesy of super pac spending and little concern for truth, there's a real question here between a candidate hand-picked by the 1% at the top of the heap, and a candidate that seems to be genuinely concerned about everybody else.

Who wins?
Probably the people financing the television ads.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:27 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
We should add another option to the poll... Wall Street.

No matter which man is voted for, Wall Street and the 1% are going to "win".

Wall Street is not necessarily the 1% other than the 1% are attracted to Wall Street ....

it may be true, because of the health of the economy the Street will continue to improve (with the current Administration) however envy not the economics of capitalism without the caveat for similarities for crashes associated with Great Recessions.

and would predict a victory for the 1% - Romney would not be so welcome to Wall Street as the steady economy now appreciated under the present Administration.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:58 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Wall Street is not necessarily the 1% other than the 1% are attracted to Wall Street ....

it may be true, because of the health of the economy the Street will continue to improve (with the current Administration) however envy not the economics of capitalism without the caveat for similarities for crashes associated with Great Recessions.

and would predict a victory for the 1% - Romney would not be so welcome to Wall Street as the steady economy now appreciated under the present Administration.
Steady Economy?? Really, where is this steady economy that you speak of?
www.pchelper123.com

Old 09-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrafters View Post
Steady Economy?? Really, where is this steady economy that you speak of?
The 07-09 Great Recession was curtailed by the Administration with positive GDP starting in June of 09 and remaining positive every Quarter to the present time.

and prevented a New, Turn of the Century, World Wide Depression.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:56 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
The 07-09 Great Recession was curtailed by the Administration with positive GDP starting in June of 09 and remaining positive every Quarter to the present time.

and prevented a New, Turn of the Century, World Wide Depression.
And again I ask what is this steady economy you speak of?

1. Positive GDP from a deeply beat up GDP
2. GDP is a common measure of recession, but is only a small component true economic health
3. Negative GDP wasn't curtailed by the administration, it bounced in spite of the administration.
4. It would be impossible for Obama to prevent a New Turn of the Century World Wide Depression since he was only a state senator at the turn of the century, unless you mean the turn of the 22nd century...at which time he would likely still be blaming Bush for everything going wrong.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:

2. GDP is a common measure of recession, but is only a small component true economic health
3. Negative GDP wasn't curtailed by the administration, it bounced in spite of the administration.
4. It would be impossible for Obama to prevent a New Turn of the Century World Wide Depression since he was only a state senator at the turn of the century, unless you mean the turn of the 22nd century...at which time he would likely still be blaming Bush for everything going wrong.
And you forgot to mention that the GDP numbers (as well as most other economic indicators) are doctored.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 PM

I don't follow american politics, really, but I think it will be close with Obama winning.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:

Quote:

Jake, just as the Policies and Principles of the previous Administration led to the Greatest Recession since the 1920s Great Depression - the Policies and Principles of the current Administration are what is responsible for the economic rebound - Stimulus and the Federal Reserve truly Prevailed and the Economy has had Sustained and Uninterrupted Growth since June of 09.

The Great Depression 1920s has been referred to as a Turn of the Century event - including the period through WWI as the beginning foundation for the calamity. - There are many similarities from that period to current events that to date have not culminated in the same outcome as a World Wide Depression but Europe at the present time with a faltering US could have easily been a repeat in History.

Zap and Jake - the calculations for GDP may change but not in the determination that positive GDP is the requirement for Economic Growth.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:48 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:

Jake, just as the Policies and Principles of the previous Administration led to the Greatest Recession since the 1920s Great Depression - the Policies and Principles of the current Administration are what is responsible for the economic rebound - Stimulus and the Federal Reserve truly Prevailed and the Economy has had Sustained and Uninterrupted Growth since June of 09.

The Great Depression 1920s has been referred to as a Turn of the Century event - including the period through WWI as the beginning foundation for the calamity. - There are many similarities from that period to current events that to date have not culminated in the same outcome as a World Wide Depression but Europe at the present time with a faltering US could have easily been a repeat in History.

Zap and Jake - the calculations for GDP may change but not in the determination that positive GDP is the requirement for Economic Growth.
Correct me if I am mistaken, but a simple positive does not necessarily represent growth, if growth is not enough then it is closer to stagnation than it is growth. Again it it is a matter of what factors are given to what calculations.

The theory at the beginning of the recovery process was on two different streets, one that if nothing is done the economy is going to naturally bounce as it always has, and the other is that if it is properly manipulated that the growth process will be increased to a level beyond the natural process. It seems what we were introduced to was an interference in that natural process to attempt to speed it up that actually impeded the growth process. Examples of things that slowed it down is the Health Care initiative that was undertaken by the current administration. On top of this the war put out by the EPA against nearly everything, the release of the environmentalists power to hold up nearly all projects of growth in a multitude of industries such as oil, coal, etc....

The question is not whether there has been growth, the question is has there been as much growth as should have or could have been if the current administration had not interfered or implemented certain policies.

As for the comment about the previous administration...while there were definite mistakes made, in order to seek the answer to what actually happened you will have to go way beyond the last administration and Congress/Senate to see a better picture of what actually happened. Picking on an administration that was tortured by events such as 9/11 (also a process that began way before that administration took office), Katrina (natural disaster), and several other events. And let us not forget that for the last two years of that administration the Democratic party had complete control of both houses including the first two years of the present administration. Should we be so far down still with an administration that also possessed complete control of both houses during the first half of their term?
www.pchelper123.com

Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrafters View Post
Examples of things that slowed it down is the Health Care initiative that was undertaken by the current administration.

The question is not whether there has been growth, the question is has there been as much growth as should have or could have been if the current administration had not interfered or implemented certain policies.

To the Bush Administrations credit - when that Administration realized the extent of economic deterioration that was occurring it worked for the good of America and (with) the incoming Administration to pass the initial reforms and legislation necessary for combating the Great Recession.

Irregardless the extent, GDP is a measure of Growth - uninterrupted growth from June 09 to the present is all / the least any Administration can be expected to insure as a requisite for re-election not withstanding the capitalist system itself being responsible as the gov't to produce positive results the gov't has no control over.

The 3rd quarter GDP should be made public before the Nov. election - and taken for granted but were it to be negative the impact would be greater than the monthly unemployment rate - as it would signify a certainty the employment condition would deteriorate from present modest growth.

there was no reason for the Obama Administration not to pursue HealthCare reform as a Signature Accomplishment and to its credit enacted the reforms into Law.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread