Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 09-19-2012, 11:52 PM
v7n Mentor

Last week we had an ambassador and three of his staff murdered by al qaida in an unstable Libya... And they had less security than the DNC gave Ashley Judd at their own convention. the president responded by boldly skipping his intel briefing and going to a fundraiser in Vegas.

He didnt have time to meet with Netanyahu, head of state for our primary ally in the region... But he's had time since to do fundraisers, go on Letterman, meet with JZ and Beyonce, do a radio show with Pimp with a Limp, and do a photo op with a pretend pirate.

We have diplomatic posts in 20 countries under seige by muslim radicals. Apparently acting apologetic to the guys that burned our consulate in Libya didnt show the strength needed... The situation escalated desite all the apologies for freedom of speech.

We are supposedly in end-game in Afganistan and have told the enemy a date certain when we'll be out, but we just had the largest assault on a base of the entire war and had to suspend our joint missions with forces we're training because they keep turning the weapons we supplied on our men.

But yeah... The REAL news is that Romney exhibited a lack of respect for Obama voters.
Heck... I'd point that out at least once a day if I were him.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

If these muslim radicals don't fear reprisals from the most powerful military on Earth, do you really think a little bit of tough talk and muscle flexing is going to dissuade them? Really?

I'm not saying apologies are necessary, but the situation definitely calls for something a bit more level headed than beating our chests with our fists and making threats.
How inclined are you to another's position when they pull that with you?
That will get us nowhere.

And doesn't it irk you, even in the slightest, that those al-Qaida that killed those 4 Americans in Libya, probably accomplished it with weapons and money supplied by the US via NATO? Where the hell is that in the headlines?!?!?

Old 09-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
If these muslim radicals don't fear reprisals from the most powerful military on Earth, do you really think a little bit of tough talk and muscle flexing is going to dissuade them? Really?
Until we the West put our nose in the other countries business, put military in other countries which is occupation and pay puppets billions from the taxpayers money, things are going to be like that unfortunately.

The Ron Paul message was pretty clear: "mind our own business"

Old 09-20-2012, 07:35 AM
v7n Mentor

Heck Zap, I'm not saying to throw out some schoolyard taunts... but throwing a party for the Libyan delegation in the US two days later because it was already on the calendar is a far cry from where we should've been. But that's what we did.

Add to that we had statements from our end condemning a dumb internet video and pretending IT caused the problem, not a good answer. If I killed the Australian ambassador to the US because some US expat in Oz did a video that mocked my beliefs... would people hold ME accountable or blame the film-maker?

When Libya killed Americans in the 80s, Reagan dropped a bomb on Gaddafi's personal residence. Gaddafi was quiet for about the next 25 years. We don't have to go that far, but bowing to their warped reasoning is suicidal and throwing them a party sent the wrong message.

Instead of throwing them a party while assuring congress we still need to send funds to Libya... the State Dept should have explained to them we were cancelling the gathering so the State Dept could meet to decide if we were ever going to send another cent to countries that cannot ensure the safety of our diplomats.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/p...-election.html

Pawlenty quits as Romney campaign co-chair

Tim Pawlenty quit as co-chair of Mitt Romney's presidential campaign on Thursday to become one of Wall Street's top lobbyists in Washington. Pawlenty, a former governor of Minnesota, will lead the Financial Services Roundtable.

"It is an honor to call Mitt and Ann my friends," Pawlenty said in a written statement released by the Romney campaign. "As the campaign moves into the home stretch, he has my full support and continued faith in his vision and his policies."

... "he has my full support and continued faith in his vision and his policies."

speaking of Fundraising ... for Republicans it is a way of life, even in the midst of a National campaign for their chief executive nothing is above their own self interest - including their constituency.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
Heck Zap, I'm not saying to throw out some schoolyard taunts... but throwing a party for the Libyan delegation in the US two days later because it was already on the calendar is a far cry from where we should've been. But that's what we did.
Didn't know about that, but that (IMO) would have been a good opportunity for the President to change the mood from party to discussion ahead of time and invite the Libyans that need to hear the message that this all has to stop.

Quote:
Add to that we had statements from our end condemning a dumb internet video and pretending IT caused the problem, not a good answer. If I killed the Australian ambassador to the US because some US expat in Oz did a video that mocked my beliefs... would people hold ME accountable or blame the film-maker?
I think by now, most rational thinking people have figured out that the protests, riots and murderous rampage are NOT the result of anything in a movie, despite what the media keeps trying to shove down our throats.

Quote:
When Libya killed Americans in the 80s, Reagan dropped a bomb on Gaddafi's personal residence. Gaddafi was quiet for about the next 25 years. We don't have to go that far, but bowing to their warped reasoning is suicidal and throwing them a party sent the wrong message.

Instead of throwing them a party while assuring congress we still need to send funds to Libya... the State Dept should have explained to them we were cancelling the gathering so the State Dept could meet to decide if we were ever going to send another cent to countries that cannot ensure the safety of our diplomats.
I think that our respective positions on this are pretty comparable.
While they're at it, perhaps the President or someone with some sanity left could use the opportunity to point out to the State Dept. and congress what can happen when they supply weapons and cash to militant groups in far off lands via NATO in conflicts that have nothing to do with the US.

Sadly, it no longer astounds me that people in high government positions can not see this.
Perhaps, if one of these fools were to break ranks and point it out...
Wishful thinking. I know.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post
speaking of Fundraising ... for Republicans it is a way of life, even in the midst of a National campaign for their chief executive nothing is above their own self interest - including their constituency.
Oh Breeze. You never disappoint. LOL!

I don't suppose a Democrat has ever acted in self interest, ever. LOL!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:30 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zap
I think that our respective positions on this are pretty comparable.
Yeah, that's why when the revolution comes we're gonna let you live longer than those other Canadians.

For the record I'm not always partisan. Sometimes I even agree with the Democrats... like today when Axelrod tweeted that Obama's voters must be committed. Now there's an initiative I could support.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
Oh Breeze. You never disappoint. LOL!

I don't suppose a Democrat has ever acted in self interest, ever. LOL!

there is a difference -

Quote:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories...4.html?hp=t1_3

Democrats surge in key Senate campaigns

Democratic candidates in some of the most critical Senate races in the country are surging, putting the party in its best position of the election cycle to keep its majority in November.

but lets hope the money advantage for the Republicans can save their Day ...

Old 09-20-2012, 10:31 AM
v7n Mentor

Talking WTS: Koolaid - See post above for details

Obama's been outspending Romney around 4 to 1 in some battleground states and the liberals whine about "the money advantage". LOL. Casting the boy king in a David vs Financial Goliath role may sound good, but it's not accurate.

Funnier yet, Obama's been spending more than he's been taking in... which coincidentally is the same way he's governed. An astute observer would figure that out. [Which means it'll go right over the heads of the Obama faithful.]

The Campaigner in Chief was so upset that his administration's lack of foresight cost us an ambassador and three staffers in Libya that he skipped his intelligence briefing and went to a fundraiser in Vegas.

Barack's a serious leader... he plays hooky from his job to go ask us to reappoint him to it.

But enough about these unpleasant topics... the media wants us to remember that the IMPORTANT event of the week is that Mitt Romney said mean things about Obama voters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	If-bush-thought-like-obama.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	16732  

Last edited by robjones; 09-20-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:13 AM

If I had the money that Nobama spent visiting Florida..
I could feed all the alligators in the St. John's river for the next...
Wait...

Just had a great idea.................................

Old 09-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Both Romney and Obama are spending millions upon millions of dollars to get a job that pays a few hundred thousand dollars.
Would you? What does that tell you?

Old 09-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Sadly I recall a time when the Democratic president said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country".

The sad part is that now it is more like, "What is your country gonna do fo u."

Old 09-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:

Funnier yet, Obama's been spending more than he's been taking in... which coincidentally is the same way he's governed. An astute observer would figure that out.

Quote:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...t-of-campaign/

Romney Reports First Debt of Campaign

DALLAS – For the first time in this campaign, Mitt Romney’s campaign is $11 million in debt after borrowing $20 million in August.

The campaign borrowed the money from the Bank of Georgetown, according to the report.

... after borrowing $20 million in August.

obviously they experienced a cash flow impediment rather than managing their available funds without foreseeing a pending bottleneck -

what is odd, if relating to debt management as the above poster is why they would take out a loan from a Bank and have to pay interest on a 20M loan ...

something taxpayers indeed should be concerned with in how Romney is willing to spend other peoples money for his own mismanagement.

as far as the recent upheaval in the Middle East and the posters criticism of the present Administration - one might ask where the responsibility rests with the previous Administration on 911 and its response to invade a sovereign nation Iraqi that lasted 9 years and outlasted its own tenure in Office - as reflective of the Party that supported it.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:13 AM
v7n Mentor

So I gather you're retracting your previous comment about the Republican "money advantage"?
Or is it just rude to notice when your posts conflict with themselves?

Old 09-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Contributing Member

Ann McFeatters: Mitt Romney's missteps are getting scary

Quote:
The prospect of Mitt Romney as president is becoming a scary prospect as he works to convince us he'd be a disaster. The question is why? Having had one of the worst GOP conventions ever, Romney still careens from one misstep to another.
http://www.newsday.com/opinion/oped/...cary-1.4002898

Old 09-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Contributing Member

not a retraction at all - the specific campaign has raised more money (Summer), they simply have not managed it as well in either spending it to further their cause or preventing themselves from having to take out a Bridge Loan ...

also the SC Citizens United is an unmatched financial resource available inproportionantly to a particular cause of unlimited Corporate involvement and without disclosures - as what is Carl Rove in a democratic society and its bearing to a Supreme Court ruling.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:55 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezewood
not a retraction at all - the specific campaign has raised more money (Summer), they simply have not managed it as well in either spending it to further their cause or preventing themselves from having to take out a Bridge Loan ...
Well, I realize Romney doesn't have your vast financial experience to fall back on, but I'm betting he somehow struggles thru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze
also the SC Citizens United is an unmatched financial resource available inproportionantly to a particular cause of unlimited Corporate involvement and without disclosures - as what is Carl Rove in a democratic society and its bearing to a Supreme Court ruling.
No idea what you're trying to say here. Quit trying to work in words you think will impress us and just say it in your own words... maybe you can come up with a sentence that means something.

Last edited by robjones; 09-21-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:39 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
r
sounds reminiscent regarding the allegations against Eric Holder concerning Fast and Furious - the Republicans now understand the truth despite their Witch Hunt and may have learned a lesson nor two.

I am quite satisfied with my financial experiences - and have no debt which I am grateful for and has been the centerpiece of my finances throughout my life.

Republicans are simply burying their heads in the sand for the sake of Citizens United.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:38 AM
v7n Mentor

Speaking of heads in sand, you do realize the Inspector General just released his report on FnF and even though it was done by Holders own employees it was scathing, and two high level officials of Holders dept just resigned and there are likely more to come, right?

Remember when you told me this was no story and nothing would come of it? Guess that was wrong. Told you then it wasnt going to blow over.

Obama has fired several IGs that came out with reports that were higly critical, so the fact the report went easy on Holder doesnt prove a damned thing. If Obama loses, I guarantee he will create a blanket pardon for Eric Holder along with a host of others to shield them from their misdeeds.

As for your financial expertise, glad you're proud of it, but pretty sure yours does not surpass Romney's. Call it a hunch.

Last edited by robjones; 09-22-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues