Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Mitt Romney Video: Barack Obama Voters 'Dependent On Government'

Quote:
The overwhelming majority of voters who back President Barack Obama do so because they are "dependent on government" and "believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing," Mitt Romney told a closed-door gathering of about 30 major donors earlier this year, according to video of the event that has surfaced on the Internet.

The person who uploaded a series of potentially inflammatory videos from the fundraiser has claimed authorship of them in an email exchange with The Huffington Post. The source said he or she wishes to remain anonymous for professional reasons and to avoid a lawsuit. The videos, which have created a buzz on the Internet, were blurred and at times blacked out to obscure the location of the filming, the source said.

"I have obviously degraded the quality to attempt to camo the location," said the clandestine filmmaker. The original, which has not been posted in full, is very high quality, the source said.

The source has given the full video to Mother Jones' David Corn, the source said.

The videos capture Romney speaking loosely about Obama supporters, immigrants, privilege and a host of other controversial issues. The candidate seems unguarded and displays the sense of humor that is often mentioned by those close to him, but is so rarely on public display.

It's Romney's remark about the president's backers that might have the most potential to undermine his candidacy, however, as Romney seeks to persuade people who voted for Obama in 2008 to switch this time.

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," Romney says in one clip. "All right -- there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1829455.html

Do you think he said that because he knows he is going to lose?

Robespierre

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Romney's parents did pay for his boarding school, his college, his graduate school and his first home.
LOL

Robespierre

Old 09-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
Do you think he said that because he knows he is going to lose?
See DREAM Act, which is incredibly government dependent.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dWhite View Post
See DREAM Act, which is incredibly government dependent.
This is a drop in the ocean, the immigration stuff compared to wars spending, bail outs, national security spending, different subsidies are nothing.

You have to see the bigger picture.

Robespierre

Old 09-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Today, Mitt Romney Lost the Election
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...-election.html

Robespierre

Old 09-17-2012, 11:55 PM

He further secured my vote for having the stones to say what many of have known for years...

Of course, I mean only those with their eyes open....

Bloomberg...at least they are not "that" liberal....

Old 09-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Romney's complaining that 47% of the people don't pay any income tax.
Well, DUH!
With real unemployment at over 20%, half of those folks have NO INCOME to pay taxes on!
Does he also want them to pay sales taxes on products they can't afford to buy?
Completely out of touch.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:56 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

He's basically stating what i've already stated... Obama has a base and that base is not the target market to go after cause they'll vote for obama regardless.

The statement doesnt hurt him with the GOP base, cause they agree. It doesnt hurt him with the Obama base, cause they already weren't going to vote for him regardless. The only question is how Romney will fare with that tiny percentage that get mad when we post political stuff on facebook while thy are busy reading pictures of cats talking in typos, the people that hate discussing politics and pay little attention to the issues, and are literally unaware of most of what is going on.

Their votes, coupled with whose base is enthusiastic enough to get out on election day, will decide the contest in November.

The weird part is that we have 20 or so embassies literally under seige around the world, diplomats who were largely unptotected are dead because we had billions to give to the muslim brotherhood but not enough money to detail a few low paid Marines to protect them, and suicide attacks on military installations... And the media thinks a statement by Romney insulting Obama's base is the real news. If obama develops any weird sores, the media better get down to the free clinic.

Last edited by robjones; 09-18-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
The only question is how Romney will fare with that tiny percentage that get mad when we post political stuff on facebook while thy are busy reading pictures of cats talking in typos, the people that hate discussing politics and pay little attention to the issues, and are literally unaware of most of what is going on.
Is there any way we can bar them from voting?
...Just in the political elections. They would still be allowed to vote for their favourite Jersey Shore characters.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Employment sent to overseas, wages cuts, house crisis, primitive health care system, start to have a toll on the anarcho-capitalists right wingers.

Not everyone have gold parents that did pay CASH for boarding school, college, graduate school and home.

The most laughauble is this people give the others some lessons of morality!

Robespierre

Old 09-18-2012, 08:25 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
Is there any way we can bar them from voting?
...Just in the political elections. They would still be allowed to vote for their favourite Jersey Shore characters.
Frankly it scares me that anyone would be undecided until right before an election then walk in and vote based on the most recent ad that *sounded good*... but those are the "undecided" everyone is trying to court. They know who Snookie is but probably couldnt tell you who is Secretary of State.

Otoh as low as our voter turnout is... Either party could have an overwhelming win by getting a turnout of a large percentage of those inclined to vote for them. Elections arent decided by polls, but by who actually shows up to vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural
anarcho-capitalists right wingers.
I sure hope that post was not directed at me. It'd be nice to have a discussion on merits without namecalling. We have now had more months with employment over 8% under obama than under the last 11 presidents combined... Everyone that served after FDR. Call me crazy, but I'm getting the impression this fella doesnt have any more viable plan for our economy than he had for protecting the diplomats we have in harms way.

Last edited by robjones; 09-18-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

In somewhat the same vein as Rob I have been saying for many years that the non-working, government supported group was growing and would soon outnumber the productive members of society. 47% allowing standard statistical error now gives them a potential majority. The children will soon be in charge of the candy store.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:13 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

But of course, in the presidents opinion, despite historic levels of unemployment and record numbers going on welfare... "the private sector is doing fine".

Did someone say the words "out of touch"? Well, at least his donors and fundraisers are doing fine on the billions he's funneled to them.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I sure hope that post was not directed at me. It'd be nice to have a discussion on merits without namecalling. We have now had more months with employment over 8% under obama than under the last 11 presidents combined... Everyone that served after FDR. Call me crazy, but I'm getting the impression this fella doesnt have any more viable plan for our economy than he had for protecting the diplomats we have in harms way.
Again, you are failling into the same dragon with two heads, Republicans or Democrats work for the same masters. Once you know that, and see the bigger picture, you will understand how the whole system work.

Now, you should remember who put us in the real estate crisis and consequently put everybody in troubles:

The Republican Party and their cronies on Wall Street
[YT]kNqQx7sjoS8[/YT]

It is always easier to blame the current President for the preceding President's policies or even the ones before, it is the eternal game but in the end it is getting worse for the people. You guys blame the people for taking cover without mentioning why people do that. Perhaps you have to look at the causes before the consequences.

Robespierre

Old 09-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Both Presidential hopefuls are out of touch with reality and the common man.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Romney does not consider withholding's from pay checks as an income tax ... providing additional proof to the the depths of his depravity.

and no the revelation is probably not the defining moment for his candidacy as Republicans are the majority and will not for most under any circumstance change their vote to the incumbent Administration - in fact Profiling is a Republican invention.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 09-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post
Romney does not consider withholding's from pay checks as an income tax ... providing additional proof to the the depths of his depravity.

and no the revelation is probably not the defining moment for his candidacy as Republicans are the majority and will not for most under any circumstance change their vote to the incumbent Administration - in fact Profiling is a Republican invention.
With holding does not equal taxes paid. Many get back more at the end of the year than they ever paid in. Ever hear of the earned income credit? It makes for a grand first quarter after you do the rapid refund to get it faster.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:00 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural
Again, you are failling into the same dragon with two heads, Republicans or Democrats work for the same masters. Once you know that, and see the bigger picture, you will understand how the whole system work.
I was raised in the US and have been politically active in the US my entire adult life including serving in municipal government and you're planning on positing that I don't understand our system? You really plan to stick with that story?

Quote:
Now, you should remember who put us in the real estate crisis and consequently put everybody in troubles:

The Republican Party and their cronies on Wall Street
Ummm... I got my real estate license in 1980 and have had a broker's license for a couple of decades, having practiced the trade my entire life, and have a degree in Business from the Dept of Finance and Real Estate. My wife worked as a lender and an underwriter, and saw firsthand some of the practices that led to the crash too.

What you think you "know" about the real estate bust is flat-out incorrect. I've posted a fairly detailed synopsis on that topic several places, but don't feel inclined to look it up for someone so sure of the misinformation they're peddling. Suffice it to say you're not close. You're regurgitating what you read somewhere... I'm talking about first-hand experience.

Last edited by robjones; 09-18-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I was raised in the US and have been politically active in the US my entire adult life including serving in municipal government and you're planning on positing that I don't understand our system? You really plan to stick with that story?

Ummm... I got my real estate license in 1980 and have had a broker's license for a couple of decades, having practiced the trade my entire life. My wife worked as a lender and an underwriter, and saw firsthand some of the practices that led to the crash too.

What you think you "know" about the real estate bust is flat-out incorrect. I've posted a fairly detailed synopsis on that topic several places, but don't feel inclined to look it up for someone so sure of the misinformation they're peddling. Suffice it to say you're not close.
It doesn't mean anything, you could be wrong all your life if you are not looking out of the box.

Experience doesn't mean anything either, you can have people less experienced and doing a better job.

If you support demagogue, that's your own view, I don't.

Robespierre

Old 09-18-2012, 12:16 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
It doesn't mean anything, you could be wrong all your life if you are not looking out of the box.

Experience doesn't mean anything either, you can have people less experienced and doing a better job.
No problem, if you prefer the stellar "information" available on the net rather than someone that has the credentials to know what they're talking about... feel free to do it your way. Sorry my view can't match yours, but it's tainted by a few decades of relevant training and experience.

As you were... didn't mean to interrupt the revival.

Last edited by robjones; 09-18-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues