Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Elizabeth Warren Raises $12.1 Million In Third Quarter

Quote:
Massachusetts Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren announced Monday that her campaign raised more than $12.1 million in the third quarter.

The campaign said that it raised over $7 million in September alone. It also said that 80 percent of donations were $50 or less, and more than half were $25 or less.

The numbers represent a staggering amount in the nation's most expensive U.S. Senate race, where Warren has raised more than any Congressional candidate. Warren and Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) have also agreed not to allow third-party groups to run ads, which have blanketed airwaves in other states like Ohio and Virginia.

Warren has consistently outraised Brown in quarters, though he started out with a huge cash-on-hand advantage leftover from his 2010 special election. Warren's campaign did not release its cash-on-hand figure.

Warren raised $8.67 million in the second quarter. On Aug. 17, Warren had $12.3 million in cash-on-hand, while Brown had almost $14.2 million, according to Federal Election Commission reports.

The Brown campaign announced later Monday morning that it raised $7.45 million in the third quarter, Brown's best figure to date. The campaign also said that it had $10.3 million in cash on hand.

Warren has a narrow edge over Brown according to recent polls. The HuffPost Pollster average gives her a 47.7 percent to 45.5 percent edge over Brown.

“Tens of thousands of people across Massachusetts have joined this campaign because they know that Elizabeth will fight for them in the U.S. Senate,” said Michael Pratt, Warren's finance director, in a statement Monday. “While Scott Brown has stood with billionaires, big oil and Wall Street -- and supports Republican control of the Senate -- Elizabeth Warren has been there for middle class families and small businesses. This strong support will help propel the campaign to victory in November.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1966675.html

I like very much Elizabeth Warren and wish her best luck to get elected Senator, because she has some new visions to protect people from "predatory business".

What are your thoughts?

Robespierre

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Warren's campaign did not release its cash-on-hand figure.

Brown's incumbency and political acumen is proving a difficult obstacle for Warren ... she may be the only candidate capable of defeating him, as he probably knows and regrets as otherwise he would be easily reelected.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 10-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Yeah, she's a real gem:

Quote:
Elizabeth Warren obtained federal fee waivers despite high 6-figure income and 8-figure net worth

Posted by William A. Jacobson Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 5:30pm

Did not pay her “fair share,” obtained PACER fee waivers in at least 50 federal districts 2005-2012

Elizabeth Warren has built her progressive rock star image and her campaign by attacking the wealthy factory owners and others who supposedly do not pay their “fair share” and take advantage of loopholes to live off of infrastructure paid for by others.

Yet Warren appears to be one of those people who takes advantage.

Warren falsely and without any legitimate legal basis claimed to be Cherokee for employment purposes. Warren also chintzed by failing to register for the Massachusetts Bar despite an active practice of law in Cambridge since the mid-1990s, thereby evading Bar registration dues. Howie Carr has a great column today about Warren’s class warfare phoniness.

Add another example to the long list: Warren obtained fee waivers from at least 50 federal bankruptcy courts so she would not have to pay for access to the federal PACER system, even in years when she had a high 6-figure income and an 8-figure net worth.

<snip>
Excerpt from: http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/10...ure-net-worth/

<added>
Here's a PDF link to the PACER fee schedule. Printed copies are 10 cents per page. Link: http://www.pacer.gov/documents/epa_feesched.pdf

Last edited by Bob Barr; 10-15-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barr View Post
Yeah, she's a real gem:

Excerpt from: http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/10...ure-net-worth/

<added>
Here's a PDF link to the PACER fee schedule. Printed copies are 10 cents per page. Link: http://www.pacer.gov/documents/epa_feesched.pdf
That's nothing compared to Bain Capital, Golman Sachs, JP Morgan, BOA, Koch, etc

Robespierre

Old 10-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
That's nothing compared to Bain Capital, Golman Sachs, JP Morgan, BOA, Koch, etc
Of course not. She's a liberal - I fully expect blatant hypocrisy from her.

<added>
I notice that you didn't mention John Corzine over at MF Global. Oh, that's right - he's a liberal Democrat so he can do no wrong.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:

<added>
I notice that you didn't mention John Corzine over at MF Global. Oh, that's right - he's a liberal Democrat so he can do no wrong.
You know if we are going after each famous people, you will always find something more or less important.

Corzine is another story, nothing comparable with Elizabeth Warren.

I am and never will be locked in a political side, because there are always good people on each side.

Robespierre

Old 10-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:

<added>
You're comparing Elizabeth Warren to Jon Corzine? Seriously?

Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
You're comparing Elizabeth Warren to Jon Corzine? Seriously?
No, not at all. Please read the post that I was responding to.

My mention of Corzine was in response to Natural raising the names of the evil "Bain Capital, Golman Sachs, JP Morgan, BOA, Koch, etc". I was noting the absence of Corzine from his list.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues