Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-06-2012, 08:25 PM
v7n Mentor
Originally Posted by txshellie View Post
So. Never fail a drug test. Have people who are jealous say you do. Get stripped of all your accomplishments.

That doesn't feel fair to me. It's a sad reflection that making it to the top of your field, working hard and getting the results you've dreamed about just puts a target on your back no matter what the occupation.
I guess it's difficult from the point of view also that... how can that many people be wrong?

Once someone get's done in the "court of public opinion" their profile is smeared whether they are innocent or not.

Perhaps Lance gave up fighting because he felt that... look, no matter if I clear my name or not, people are still going to always wonder. So he decided to just call time on fighting it, and make a deal that ensure his charity wins out regardless. There's that perspective.

There's also the perspective that, perhaps he realises that despite never failing a drug test, he knows he wasn't innocent and all the witnesses who are willing to put their hand up and say "yup I did it, and so did Lance" are each going to put their nail into his coffin.

All of that is pure speculation of course, but what's done is done now.
█ █ Info Vilesilencer on Facebook :: Follow me on Twitter █ █

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues