Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 08-15-06
Posts: 10,109
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrafters View Post
I really do not know what to say, it seems to me that you are blanketing/stereo typing every single company and corporation into one group here.
Well I can say that corporations have the same blueprint and act more or less the same. Take any national or multinational corporations, take a closer look at them, they are making a lot of money, most are successful but many do not share their sucess with their employees and do not provide higher employee benefits.

For example a lot of national corporations located in Nevada making millions of profits pay only $2 or $3 above minimum wage and poor benefits. I found this indecent and irrespectful, some other people say that's "business". The same people call them freeloaders, because they aren't paid enough to make a living and ask for government help, but there is no corporations considered freeloaders when they get government subsidies. Do you see my point?

IMO what makes a great country is a proportional prosperity for any working people, not an elite class starving the others.
__________________
"The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant."

Robespierre
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #22 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2012, 03:41 PM
TechWizard's Avatar
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 07-27-07
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,156
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Okay, I can see that irregardless of what is said that perspective is not going to change, so we'll just agree to disagree But I choose to have a more optimistic outlook and perspective of the world around me. Even if my business fails, a Walmart moves in next door, whatever the situation, I still have opportunity, if I am working for someone else and I adjust my cost of living accordingly, perhaps it takes me 5 or 10 years, but I start a savings or investment program that at some point in time may give me a choice of whether I continue on as am until retirement, or I use the resources I have, find other resources if I am short and create the opportunity that I want. I may make it, I may fail, I may get stomped out of existence by competitors or large corporations....who knows I may become a big enough thorn in a corporations side that it is advantageous for them to offer to buy me out and I get to afford a nice retirement early


Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
Well I can say that corporations have the same blueprint and act more or less the same. Take any national or multinational corporations, take a closer look at them, they are making a lot of money, most are successful but many do not share their sucess with their employees and do not provide higher employee benefits.

For example a lot of national corporations located in Nevada making millions of profits pay only $2 or $3 above minimum wage and poor benefits. I found this indecent and irrespectful, some other people say that's "business". The same people call them freeloaders, because they aren't paid enough to make a living and ask for government help, but there is no corporations considered freeloaders when they get government subsidies. Do you see my point?

IMO what makes a great country is a proportional prosperity for any working people, not an elite class starving the others.
__________________
Get A PC Helper
Virus Malware Removal | Remote Computer Repair
And More...
www.pchelper123.com


 
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 08-15-06
Posts: 10,109
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrafters View Post
Okay, I can see that irregardless of what is said that perspective is not going to change, so we'll just agree to disagree
I guess we agree on that, sometimes people views are different, we can compare things or exchange experiences, but the fundamental thinking will not change.

Quote:
But I choose to have a more optimistic outlook and perspective of the world around me. Even if my business fails, a Walmart moves in next door, whatever the situation, I still have opportunity, if I am working for someone else and I adjust my cost of living accordingly, perhaps it takes me 5 or 10 years, but I start a savings or investment program that at some point in time may give me a choice of whether I continue on as am until retirement, or I use the resources I have, find other resources if I am short and create the opportunity that I want. I may make it, I may fail, I may get stomped out of existence by competitors or large corporations....who knows I may become a big enough thorn in a corporations side that it is advantageous for them to offer to buy me out and I get to afford a nice retirement early
I sincerely hope that you will have a sucessful growing business. Now if you one day work for a corporation, perhaps savings and investment program will be harder or limited, because corporations do not pay like before.

These days it is more difficult to make long term projections.
__________________
"The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant."

Robespierre
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wall Street Issues its Orders to Obama, Romney Franc Tireur Controversial Social Issues 6 10-22-2012 07:57 AM
Obama, Romney Or Paul? Zap Forum Lobby 22 10-05-2012 04:36 PM
Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected dWhite Controversial Social Issues 7 10-04-2012 11:49 PM
Mitt Romney Video: Barack Obama Voters 'Dependent On Government' Franc Tireur Controversial Social Issues 70 09-25-2012 12:55 PM
40 Points That Prove That Barack Obama And Mitt Romney Are The Same Candidate Franc Tireur Controversial Social Issues 56 09-07-2012 02:18 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:46 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.