Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-31-2012, 01:29 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post
the nature of the thread is the successful apprehension of OBL by the Obama Administration.

it is to bad the fact is distasteful for a certain people but the facts remain a lesson in History.
Hey Breeze

Not to start or join in to any arguments, not my intention, Just saying things through my perspective, not even expecting a return reply on it, or for it to actually have any bearing on your perspective

Seems to me, being a veteran from the 80's that the views, perceptions, and ethics that were instilled in me during that experience are drastically different than what seems to be coming out of the President and his appointees now.

Not mentioning any names when possible as this is not a partisan issue and really shouldn't be skewed by those politics or semantics.

To protect the constitution, to defend against all enemies foreign and domestic. To question orders that seem wrong (the amount you can actually question depends on your rank) As an example, my last ship was a reserve ship, and we were in the midst of a weekend warrior (reservists active duty weekend) I was on the Helm Station during this particular duty rotation when a man over board drill was suddenly announced. The captain had come in and sat in his chair, no doubt in preparation of being able to enjoy the response to the drill. The officer of the deck was a Lt. who was a reservist. He ordered all stop, and then a reverse to get back to where the victim was as soon as the alarm was sounded, then ordered all stop. We sat there for a paused time of probably 30 or so seconds, the Lt then looked over at the Captain who responded "I'm not here its all you"

Not sure if you are familiar of the dynamics of a ship but when you have a momentum ordering or performing all stop does not stop that momentum so we continued to drift backwards. As I sat looking forward I saw Oscar as we floated by moving in reverse. Though our speed was decreasing we were still moving farther and farther away from Oscar (man overboard dummy) with every second. The time had become so long and Oscar moving farther and farther away that I finally said "Sir" "Sir", this caused the Lt to look forward and apparently saw Oscar getting smaller and smaller as he then gave the appropriate orders to bring us up along side our overboard friend floating in the water.

Point of this nostalgic moment of mine is that it is the duty of the crew regardless of rank to at common sense moments to lend assistance or state conditions even when not asked or given contrary orders. The lower your rank the more sure you better be

If we were given nothing else from the Nuremberg Trials, we were presented with the precedence that "I was following orders" was not a valid excuse. It is actually a duty to question those orders that are deemed questionable or unlawful, which creates a bit of a quandary as if you question or refuse the order you are at risk of prosecution, if you don't question or refuse the order you are at risk of prosecution. So regardless you better be damn sure either way you go

I do have to honestly say that Since Carter I have never heard a military so dismayed and disheartened in their Commander and Chief. Reading through the military forums and talking to others that is very apparent. Now as with every large group of people there are varied opinions, and getting one on record publicly is also another story but....

Another issue to consider is the use of Secret Information. Before Bin Laden had anyone verifiable proof of Seal Team 6? Had any verifiable information about their actual Seals Operations and Procedures? All I can say is "Loose Lips Sink Ships". The spouses of seal team members aren't even privy to the amount or type of information that has been recently blasted into the news media lately. There is a very good reason for that, anyone remember the Bay of Pigs? This is what losing the element of surprise, or release of to much information about procedures can do to a special forces group regardless of branch.

If you have never been trained on such things I know it is difficult to understand the impact and the probable results, but believe me, to many men to count have lost their lives needlessly because of such things throughout our military's history.
www.pchelper123.com

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

interesting planing for the Bay of Pigs - all their ammunition was stored on a single ship the Cuban Air Force sank the first day of operations ....

so what has your post have to do with the apprehension of OBL that is not ordinary knowledge or somehow the relationship with Benghazi as entwined earlier in this thread?

Quote:
I do have to honestly say that Since Carter I have never heard a military so dismayed and disheartened in their Commander and Chief.
to bad for you that you believe you can speak for the Armed Forces of America in such a manner.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 10-31-2012, 02:16 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrafters
I do have to honestly say that Since Carter I have never heard a military so dismayed and disheartened in their Commander and Chief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezewood
to bad for you that you believe you can speak for the Armed Forces of America in such a manner.
He clearly substantiated his source and the limitations when he followed with "Reading through the military forums and talking to others that is very apparent. Now as with every large group of people there are varied opinions, and getting one on record publicly is also another story but...."

Selecting something that is very clear when in context and acting indignant about it is garden-variety trolling. Doesn't forward the thread at all.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...28.html?hp=l19

NatGeo says it won’t air political ads with ‘Seal Team Six’

The National Geographic Channel rejected political advertisements from conservatives and liberals for the premiere of “SEAL Team Six: The Raid of Osama bin Laden,” amid criticism that the film itself is one big ad for President Barack Obama.

“We have made sure that there is no political party advertising during the movie from either side during this period prior to the election,” said National Geographic Channels CEO David Lyle. “We refuse to take political advertising for the movie. I didn’t want political advertising popping-up and politicizing what in fact is a tribute to the security forces of this country.”

... " and politicizing what in fact is a tribute to the security forces of this country.”

could it be as simple as the above ?

allowing advertising of various opinions would be better than not allowing any commentary as they have chosen ... IMO.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 11-03-2012, 06:55 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezewood
allowing advertising of various opinions would be better than not allowing any commentary as they have chosen ... IMO.
Agreed. Censorship is not a good fix.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

So my post gets deleted because I said "F Obama" or was it because I did not provide sufficient information explaining my beliefs? I am a veteran and can honestly say (now that our commander and chief is no longer my superior) that Obama is a douche for many reasons. I enjoyed military service under Bush much more than Obama.

I hope my post doesn't get deleted because I said Obama was a douche.

On a side note, I bet Seal Team 6 had nothing to do with finding Obama. It was most likely Delta or some other force native to desert operations that can't take credit because they don't exist.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullified View Post
So my post gets deleted because I said "F Obama" or was it because I did not provide sufficient information explaining my beliefs? I am a veteran and can honestly say (now that our commander and chief is no longer my superior) that Obama is a douche for many reasons. I enjoyed military service under Bush much more than Obama.

On a side note, I bet Seal Team 6 had nothing to do with finding Obama. It was most likely Delta or some other force native to desert operations that can't take credit because they don't exist.
I removed your post because that type of language we don't tolerate on here. This is a family friendly community. There other words that you could of used to get the point across.

Quote:
C. Members should be respectful and courteous to other members. Rudeness to other members is cause for revocation of membership privileges. Please keep in mind that we are a family friendly community. Offensive language is not permitted. This includes both within the community forums and via the V7N private message system.
http://www.v7n.com/forums/faq.php?fa...m#faq_v7nrules

To get back on topic, Why did you like Bush when he was running the whole show?

Old 11-04-2012, 04:36 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullified View Post

It is not likely that any of the special forces divisions had much to directly do with locating Osama. It was more likely an effort though several agencies i.e. CIA, Multiple Branches of Military Intelligence, State Department, NSA etc...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues