Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

I bet you can guess before posting that which way the answers will go.

IMO it had everything to do with it. The worst thing it was in fact was poor judgement calls and a failure to lead, the coverup on the other hand may wind up being criminal. Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Sincere question: Was the delay of us hearing the truth (or part of it anyway) directly correlated with the timing of the election?

Was the delay ...

not sure what delay you are referring to - the House is controlled by the Republicans (opposition) and can follow whatever scheduled they please.

* the recriminations in this matter are very familiar and seemingly are being made by those same people who made erroneous and misleading statements in regards to the ATF 'Fast and Furious' operation that proved in the final analysis to be wholly and conclusively without merit.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 11-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post
Was the delay ...

not sure what delay you are referring to - the House is controlled by the Republicans (opposition) and can follow whatever scheduled they please.

* the recriminations in this matter are very familiar and seemingly are being made by those same people who made erroneous and misleading statements in regards to the ATF 'Fast and Furious' operation that proved in the final analysis to be wholly and conclusively without merit.
Do you live in a vacuum? What does the House have to do with this?

What misleading statements?

Old 11-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
I bet you can guess before posting that which way the answers will go.

IMO it had everything to do with it. The worst thing it was in fact was poor judgement calls and a failure to lead, the coverup on the other hand may wind up being criminal. Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive.

Do you live in a vacuum? What does the House have to do with this?

What misleading statements?

Quote:
Quote:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/major...7#.UKPRLIbg9-M

The FBI withheld its findings about Gen. David Petraeus' affair from the White House and congressional leaders because the agency considered them the result of a criminal investigation that never reached the threshold of an intelligence probe, law enforcement sources said today.
Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/cantor-knew-pe...103804152.html

Cantor Knew of Petraeus Affair in October

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor knew of David Petraeus' affair with biographer Paula Broadwell almost two weeks before the former CIA director resigned his post.

Quote:
ScM:What does the House have to do with this?

well, I am not sure exactly what Cricket was referring to but if it were the revelations concerning Mr. Petraeus' affair that might have affected the elections - there was no delaying that information by the Administration per-see any more so than by all other parties involved.

the affair is not the direct subject matter involving Benghazi however the affair is a flaw that does coincide with the argument that the Benghazi incident occurred as a result of CIA mismanagement of security that relied on 'secrecy' rather than adequate resources that allowed for the incident to take place in the first place and the consequences that occurred.

Last edited by Breeze Wood; 11-14-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

I certainly wasn't referring to an affair. I was referring to misleading the public over and over again concerning the Benghazi attack

Old 11-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

From Chris Rock on Twitter...
Quote:
If you're head of the CIA & can't hide your mistress from your wife it means it can't be done. Case closed. Sorry fellas.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:32 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

The Bengazi affair was about to get hung on Hillary until Bill lawyered up and prepared for a fight.

The focus then shifted to the CIA, and conveniently it turns out Holder has dirt on General Petraeus, the guy who probably was in the best position to know about what was going on in Benghazi but who inexplicably clung to the White House narrative about a flash mob motivated by a video trailer when questioned by congress. Was he perchance under a little blackmail by Holder?

[And please don't tell me Holder is above that, that premise is laughable.]

Anyway, the president in his angry defense of the UN Ambassador yesterday let slip that she was sent on that disinformation campaign by the White House. I don't think he meant to divulge that, but he gets off-script at times. That answers Cricket's question... the White House is the one that sent Susan Rice onto 5 Sunday morning talk shows to spin a tale that the whole thing was a response to a video trailer.

It would be nice if the president got as angry at the guys that murdered our guys as he did at the US Senators trying to find out why our guys got attacked. But bottom line we now know the President sent Rice on that mission, and that simplifies things.

And yes, the Senators *should* and will take that up with him. He is the one that claimed in the 2nd debate he has ALWAYS contributed the attack to an act of terror, and that message does not remotely mesh with the message Susan Rice repeated almost verbatim on 5 different media platforms at his direction.

Nixon lost his office due to a coverup of a third rate burglary, and nobody died at Watergate.

If Obama keeps his job after this... we need to dig Nixon up and give him a huge public apology.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
If Obama keeps his job after this... we need to dig Nixon up and give him a huge public apology.
Better get your shovel out of the shed.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think Rob has used that shovel since he buried those "grassy knoll" guys back in 63.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
http://my.earthlink.net/article/pol?...7-81fcbe728e77

Reid to McCain: No need for special Libya panel

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Democratic leader in the Senate is rejecting Sen. John McCain's request for a Watergate-style congressional committee to investigate the deadly Sept. 11 raid in Libya.

In a letter Friday to McCain, Sen. Harry Reid said he refuses to allow the Senate to be used as a "venue for baseless partisan attacks." Reid said several committees in the House and Senate are already investigating the attack that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

McCain and two other Republicans had introduced a resolution this week calling for the special panel. Reid said the election is over, and it is time to end the politicization of national security.

House Speaker John Boehner also said this week that a special committee is unnecessary.

other than the mix-up over the versions of who the perpetrators of the crime were who attacked the consulate, what purpose would be accomplished by McCain's request than Senator Reid's statement as it being a "venue for baseless partisan attacks." ?

Benghazi was a tragedy with perhaps lessons to be learned but never has been a political issue.

McCain should have conferred with Boehner before making his request.

If nominated to be Secretary of State, Susan Rice has every right to be confirmed by the Senate - irregardless the attacks from McCain and Graham.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:46 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Lol. The guy that used the Senate floor to make a claim that an opposing party candidate hadnt payed taxes for a full decade, a claim proven false, doesn"t want the Senate used for "baseless partisan attacks".

It's ok for him to make the floor into a campaign pulpit but we wouldnt want to use it to find out why the administration left an ambassador defenseless in a hostile country, denied him relief, then lied like a rug about it. If Reid took male enhancement pills he'd just get taller.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Things must be getting tough. They have rolled out the race card in defense of Susan Rice.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Quote:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories...72.html?hp=l16

97 House members oppose Susan Rice

“Ambassador Rice is widely viewed as having either willfully or incompetently misled the American public in the Benghazi affair.”

Quote:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories...113.html?hp=l5

The GOP's diversity debacle

The number of African-American Republicans in Congress, which stood to double thanks to several highly competitive candidates, was instead cut in half, to a single member. The last Asian-American Republican retired and wasn’t replaced. In a year when a record number of Hispanics were elected to Congress, House Republicans ended up losing two of their already small contingent. Puerto Rico GOP Gov. Luis Fortuño, a rising star who campaigned for Mitt Romney in Florida, was another 2012 casualty.
Quote:
ScriptMan: Things must be getting tough. They have rolled out the race card in defense of Susan Rice.

Not tough at all for the Democrats - just a little factual analysis and past history ...

coupled with why House Republicans would call upon themselves to sign a letter opposing someone who is not even an nominee over so silly a matter as reflecting a position of an Administration derived from the appropriate depts. pertaining to the subject matter being discussed - and are not Constitutionally involved with the appointment.

that's ok, 2014 is just around the corner - the R's really do need to become more sensitive about "incompetently" when referring to other people.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:58 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Things must be getting tough. They have rolled out the race card in defense of Susan Rice.
Hardly a surprise these days. If there isn't a good defense, scream "racism".

If she were a quarter as competent as they claim she'd object to people "defending" her that way. She isnt being criticized cause she isnt somebody's favorite color, she's being criticized for going in front of the public on 5 different shows and passing out a pile of misleading rubbish.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
Hardly a surprise these days. If there isn't a good defense, scream "racism".

If she were a quarter as competent as they claim she'd object to people "defending" her that way. She isnt being criticized cause she isnt somebody's favorite color, she's being criticized for going in front of the public on 5 different shows and passing out a pile of misleading rubbish.
...Thereby qualifying her for one of the top jobs in government.
Her press tour was probably her final exam.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues