Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Help denied during the Benghazi attack

Right about now I am livid. I just saw a breaking news story that help was requested and the Delta forces that might have responded were told to stand down. I am unable to find a confirming story online to which I can link. When I can, I will.

If this is true the current occupant of the white house is not fit to hold the office. It matters not whether the stand down orders were personally issued or issued by someone he appointed.

Never ever should this country place people in harms way without backing them fully. I thought we mastered that concept after Viet Nam.

Edit: Posted 10 minutes ago as I was writing this post. Read it for yourself: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...k-sources-say/

Last edited by ScriptMan; 10-26-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I completly agree with you, this is an unpardonable mistake, some people should be fired, perhaps brought to justice.

Robespierre

Old 10-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

I must confess that I watched the denials on the networks and did not connect the dots.

This blogger on the other hand screwed glued and tattooed the whole thing:

Quote:
I’m going to keep repeating the message until it reaches critical mass. This is the opening paragraph of a story released today by Yahoo News: “The Pentagon defended its decision not to deploy forces to Benghazi, Libya, as soon as the U.S. mission came under attack on September 11th, saying it would have been irresponsible to put forces in harm’s way without better information.”

“Defended its decision!!!???” This is the first admission by the Obama administration that a decision was actually made!
source and full story: http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/50601

Come on people this is the major story of this election. Let's just call it BenghaziGate.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Ok I read something different, and it seems like more complicated that may appear. You have to read all sides and make your own opinion.

U.S. military poised for rescue in Benghazi
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...e-in-benghazi/

How a Real News Story Became the 'Obama Watched Them Die' Meme
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-...b_2022093.html

Robespierre

Old 10-26-2012, 08:07 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

The information coming out on Benghazi gives me nothing but admiration for the two ex-SEALS. Tyrone Woods was a mile away from the consulate when he heard the fight start. He is a CIA operative, and called twice to see if he could render aid. Twice he was ordered to stand down. Finally he took it on himself to do what needed to be done, and at risk of both his career and his life he ignored orders and led a 6 man team to the compound.

Against orders, He rescued 30 people, taking them back to the supposedly unknown CIA safe house.

The other ex-SEAL, Doherty, was part of a group that flew toward the sound of the guns from Tripoli. He and Woods organized a defense of the CIA safehouse when the attackers turned out to know that location and targeted it for attack.

They held off a superior force for 4+ hours after getting their people to the safehouse, but despite their call for backup, it never came. We had Delta force on alert 90 minutes away, we had AC-130 gunships and jets ready to deploy, but despite the fact DC had been alerted to the attack by phone and email and had buereaucrats and politicians watching it LIVE via unarmed drones... No help was dispatched.

Both men died atop the CIA safehouse when a morter hit.

Leon Pannetta has stated we just didnt have enough info available to commit troops.

They had the word of 2 ex seals / cia ops that backup was needed. They had info live on the phone. They had drones overhead providing realtime color video feed of the situation on the ground. I have no idea what more info they could ask for before going. Weve started wars with less intel. But regardless, the guys in Benghazi were left to die without help.

The following morning the president flew off to a fundraiser in vegas... And for the next few weeks he and his administration sold the public a bull**** story about the attack actually just being a demonstration that got out of hand. They'd watched the thing on live video, they knew better.

Bottom line... This whole thing stinks. Our men there were heros, and were sacrificed needlessly. The silly paper thin coverup is now disentigrating. It is, in a word, disgusting.

Last edited by robjones; 10-26-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Sorry to sound ignorant on the way some things work in the US but who had the final say on weather they should help or in this case, stand down?

Old 10-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

The director of the CIA reports to the SEC Defense and he reports to the president. Where depends on how much micro-managing is going on but the buck stops at the oval office.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

The whole administration is made up of nothing but liars. From the top down and including the top three media networks are really trying to scramble to cover their butts.

Panetta's explanation is nothing but a straight faced lie. and it is really disgusting on the part of the general sitting next to him during briefing to sit there and play with a pencil while he is lying to CYA.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Thanks Scripty.

So if I get this right, the President/Oval Office wants people to understand that BinLaden was dealt with under his term but trying to wash his hands from this situation.

This guy must cover himself head-to-toe in oil every morning the way he wants things to slide off him but he can't have it both ways.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Pretty much. See Rob's post above; most likely they all watched in in real time via the predator drone.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Pretty much. See Rob's post above; most likely they all watched in in real time via the predator drone.
We don't know where come from this information and frankly stories poping up like this less than 2 weeks from the presidential election are suspicious.

Robespierre

Last edited by Franc Tireur; 10-27-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Emails: White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49535362...r-libya-attack

Robespierre

Old 10-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
We don't know where come from this information and frankly stories poping up like this less than 2 weeks from the presidential election are suspicious.
Quote:
Fox News has learned that there were two military surveillance drones redirected to Benghazi shortly after the attack on the consulate began. They were already in the vicinity. The second surveillance craft was sent to relieve the first drone, perhaps due to fuel issues. Both were capable of sending real time visuals back to U.S. officials in Washington, D.C. Any U.S. official or agency with the proper clearance, including the White House Situation Room, State Department, CIA, Pentagon and others, could call up that video in real time on their computers.
Source same as above. Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz2AWGqV6eq

Old 10-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
LOL, foxnews frenzy... I watched the video and the journalist talked about a source, perhaps the Republican party who knows...

Robespierre

Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Let's talk about facts.

Approximately 20 armed people fired shots.

Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team (2+1).

Chris Stevens and his team came under attack.

The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate

They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.

CIA spokeswoman Jennifer Youngblood, though, denied the claims that requests for support were turned down.
"We can say with confidence that the Agency reacted quickly to aid our colleagues during that terrible evening in Benghazi," she said. "Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate.

Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.

According to sources on the ground during the attack, the special operator on the roof of the CIA annex had visual contact and a laser pointing at the Libyan mortar team that was targeting the CIA annex. The operators were calling in coordinates of where the Libyan forces were firing from. Here is what I don't get, a special operator is on the roof with a laser, so how an operator can hold a laser if help was denied?

U.S. officials argue that there was a period of several hours when the fighting stopped before the mortars were fired at the annex, leading officials to believe the attack was over. Having a drone over there, how they believed that the attack was over? Was the drone armed?

An American Quick Reaction Force sent from Tripoli had arrived at the Benghazi airport at 2 a.m. Why the Foxnews journalist mentioned force available 480 miles away from Italy, when they could send An American Quick Reaction force from Tripoli?

I mean the whole story have big holes and it is difficult to trust a source like Foxnews when things do not match up.

Robespierre

Old 10-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I forgot

Where was the friendly Lybian force supposed to protect the American Ambassy, and what kind of direct communication they have between the American Ambassy and the friendly Lybian forces?

Robespierre

Old 10-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

These were unfortunate events exasperated by partisan politics, the perpetrators will be properly punished for their actions.

All's Well that Ends Well

Old 10-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Contributing Member

Natural Elements, have you ever served in the military? Are you aware that the US Army has laser designators as tactical devices? As a person that served in Desert Storm and other military operations with Tier 1 folks, I can certainly tell you that these things have been in use since 1991 and may have become even more man-portable.

So yes, Mr Woods and his team more than likely had the device as part of their combat load for being in such a hairy place.

The QRF was not your traditional force of folks. They were more than likely a 10th SFG A-team with support personnel on standby. This is common practice in the US military to have an 18hr or less force available to go anywhere.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfod_d223 View Post
Natural Elements, have you ever served in the military?
I have served in the French military, but that's not the point in this thread.

Quote:
Are you aware that the US Army has laser designators as tactical devices? As a person that served in Desert Storm and other military operations with Tier 1 folks, I can certainly tell you that these things have been in use since 1991 and may have become even more man-portable.

So yes, Mr Woods and his team more than likely had the device as part of their combat load for being in such a hairy place.
Regarding Foxnew: "the special operator on the roof of the CIA annex had visual contact and a laser pointing at the Libyan mortar team that was targeting the CIA annex."

Again, how an operator can hold a laser if help was denied? I don't know what exactly happened over there, but if it was me I will take out with whatever means the mortar operators instead of pointing them with a laser waiting the help that was denied.

I agree with Breeze Wood on: These were unfortunate events exasperated by partisan politics, the perpetrators will be properly punished for their actions.

Robespierre

Old 10-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
I agree with Breeze Wood on: These were unfortunate events exasperated by partisan politics, the perpetrators will be properly punished for their actions.
I agree that partisan politics played a huge role in this whole situation.

Recently, when President Obama was asked to clarify the mixed/conflicting stories coming out on Benghazi, his response was that the election isn't about Benghazi.

Quote:
Obama rebuffs Benghazi questions
10:24AM EDT October 27. 2012 -

President Obama has declined to answer questions about a report that Americans under attack in Libya on Sept. 11 were denied help, saying the entire incident is still under investigation.

When asked Friday by KUSA-TV of Denver if results of the investigation would be released after the election, Obama said: "The election has nothing to do with four brave Americans getting killed and us wanting to find out exactly what happened. These are folks who served under me who I had sent to some very dangerous places. Nobody wants to find out more what happened than I do."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/theova...libya/1662141/

He's viewing everything through the lens of "How will this affect my reelection chances?". He wants things kept "under investigation" long enough to get himself reelected.

After over a month, why are there no straightforward answers forthcoming to the questions? Simple answer - truthful answers would hurt his reelection chances.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues