Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Somebody Should Start The 'Stuff Costs Too Much' Party

Quote:
Stuff costs too much. Seriously. Every time I go to the grocery store these days, I am absolutely horrified by the prices. I try not to buy anything that is not on sale, but the problem is that I am discovering that the new sale prices are the old regular prices. So now paying what used to be "full price" is supposedly a "good deal". The other way that they are trying to hide rising prices is by shrinking package sizes. As if we wouldn't notice that a box of 21 garbage bags is now being sold for the exact same price that a box of 25 garbage bags used to be sold for. It is one of my pet peeves. I feel like I am in the middle of some bizarre movie entitled "The Incredible Shrinking Dollar". Sadly, I am far from alone. There are millions upon millions of American families that are seeing their expenses continue to rise even as their paychecks remain the same. But neither Barack Obama nor Mitt Romney seems very concerned about inflation. In fact, the Federal Reserve, QE3 and Ben Bernanke were not even mentioned in any of the three presidential debates. So I think that somebody should start the "Stuff Costs Too Much" Party. Inflation is a tax which is destroying the value of each dollar that we hold a little bit more every single day, and the American people deserve to know the truth about what is going on.

In this day and age, it simply does not pay to put money into long-term savings. When you finally pull your money out it will have far less purchasing power than it originally did.

Way back in 1950, you could buy a first-class stamp for just 3 cents and you could buy a gallon of gasoline for about 27 cents.

Wouldn't it be great if you could still get a gallon of gasoline for 27 cents?

But we don't have to go all the way back to 1950 to find low prices. All we have to do is go back ten years.

A recent article by Benny Johnson detailed how the prices of many of the things that we buy on a regular basis absolutely soared between 2002 and 2012. Just check out these price increases...

Eggs: 73%

Coffee: 90%

Peanut Butter: 40%

Milk: 26%

A Loaf Of White Bread: 39%

Spaghetti And Macaroni: 44%

Orange Juice: 46%

Red Delicious Apples: 43%

Beer: 25%

Wine: 60%

Electricity: 42%

Margarine: 143%

Tomatoes: 22%

Turkey: 56%

Ground Beef: 61%

Chocolate Chip Cookies: 39%

Gasoline: 158%

So what will the next ten years bring? Unfortunately, we are already being told that it looks like inflation is going to start accelerating. A recent CNBC article started this way...
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...too-much-party

I try not to buy anything that is not on sale too, the hyperinflation is already there.

Every time you go to the grocery storeare you horrified by the prices?

Robespierre

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

There is a cause and effect relationship between the printing of currency and the prices we pay in stores.
Of course, the price increases are going to start accelerating. The currency printing has accelerated.
There is a delay between printing currency and rising prices, but they are tied together.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I was recently listening to Gary Johnson on the economy and he said that the US economy is going to collapse. It is not a question of if the economy will collapse, but when the economy will collapse.

Hyperinflation is starting to kick in.

Robespierre

Old 11-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

When you go around the world, it is exactly the same issue: Printing money from thin air.

Watch this video:

Godfrey Bloom on money-printing central bankers and the European Banking Union[YT]GwumCkA-Oa0[/YT]

Robespierre

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues